Once You Go Night Theme You Never Go Back

Anthony10

I seriously thought it was stupid that there were multiple themes, like when people would say "can't read on night theme" or whatever.

So one day I decided to try it.

Now the day theme seems so bright and I love the night theme and am never going back xD 2 weeks strong and still going (I think).

I tried night theme for a week. Wasn't a huge fan. Went back to day theme. Dont hate it though, just makes reading a bit more straining for me.

Oh trust me. I use night theme during the day. NIGHT THEME MASTER RACE

*fixed

Day theme only. If I don't want as much brightness I just turn the brightness on my monitor down/

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

if i try to use day theme or any other rather than night it really strains my eyes, so night theme FTW

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

If only someone made a plugin that inverted all the blacks and whites but didnt interfere with photos etc. Etc. On webpages..

Thanks Guys! Fullmetal

You must NEVER go over 20% fan speed. ~ "Why's that?"~ Why do airport personnel wear hearing protection?

OMG!! SOMEBODY WHO UNDERSTANDS EXACTLY!!!! I've been on the theme for 5 months and never went back.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Well heres why its so good in my mind. Remember unless your using a projector. You are basically staring at a light source. Something all places will tell you not to do. So when you darken the picture on it the screen you have put your "sunglasses" on if you do the conparison on a projector the white web pages arent nearly as bad.

Thanks Guys! Fullmetal

You must NEVER go over 20% fan speed. ~ "Why's that?"~ Why do airport personnel wear hearing protection?

The night theme is too harsh on my eyes, not a fan of the shades of grey used, if anything they should have a slight hint of blue and be darker.

Then again..this is coming from someone who deals with graphics and is OCD about colour, so....

Still use IP.Board, always loved it, tried the other versions but never enjoyed them that much. Not a big fan of changes to my visual interface....

I have been using this since I can remember.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/26562-a-dark-theme-for-linustechtips/

You so should have made the title 'Once you go black you never go back' :lol:

This.

There are two night themes guys. :P I use the custom one. Not the built-in one. I prefer the custom one myself. Different colors are used and stuff. I don't like the default look of the LTT forums because... orange. Just no. Sorry to who designed it, but not my thing at all.

Don't turn both night themes on at the same time. Things break then. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

This.

There are two night themes guys. :P I use the custom one. Not the built-in one. I prefer the custom one myself. Different colors are used and stuff. I don't like the default look of the LTT forums because... orange. Just no. Sorry to who designed it, but not my thing at all.

Don't turn both night themes on at the same time. Things break then. 

Ah good I've found somebody who uses this theme who happens to be around to ask, here is a screenshot of what I see, have you noticed that the background while using this theme has become a lighter shade of grey? And there is now an orange 'LinusMediaGroup' logo at the bottom?

1hay2p.jpg

I'm not sure if the creator of this theme is still an active user, so I'm not sure what to do about it really, it doesn't bother me that much but I really liked it exactly how it was originally using this custom theme.

What a guy eh, I donated him $5 now that I think about it due to how much I liked it, I'm sure a few others donated too to make it worth his while, if he's still around maybe we can get him to update the theme! ^_^

*fixed

Oh god my eyes :*(

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

i have tried it a few times but i always seem to end up back on day theme because after a few days i start noticing contrast problems making somethings hard to see. Although when i look at it now I don't really notice the problem i was having before so i think it may have been updated recently.

Ah good I've found somebody who uses this theme who happens to be around to ask, here is a screenshot of what I see, have you noticed that the background while using this theme has become a lighter shade of grey? And there is now an orange 'LinusMediaGroup' logo at the bottom?

I'm not sure if the creator of this theme is still an active user, so I'm not sure what to do about it really, it doesn't bother me that much but I really liked it exactly how it was originally using this custom theme.

What a guy eh, I donated him $5 now that I think about it due to how much I liked it, I'm sure a few others donated too to make it worth his while, if he's still around maybe we can get him to update the theme! ^_^

I'm not having this issue. Have you tried updating the theme recently? Here's what I see:

13813256095_486876c114_o.png

So yeah. I have no idea what your issue is. Make sure your Theme on the LTT forums is set to IP.Board and nothing else (Not Day, Night, or Mobile). Also make sure your theme is up to date via Stylish.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I'm not having this issue. Have you tried updating the theme recently? Here's what I see:

13813256095_486876c114_o.png

So yeah. I have no idea what your issue is. Make sure your Theme on the LTT forums is set to IP.Board and nothing else (Not Day, Night, or Mobile). Also make sure your theme is up to date via Stylish.

Awww it was set to Day Theme!!

I'm not sure how that happened, it was ok for months and I had never used the forum's native 'night theme' because I discovered the custom theme before the native one. I've never used the selector before.

I've switched it back to IP board and it's solved, lifesaver man thanks a lot for that! :D

I have been using this since I can remember.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/26562-a-dark-theme-for-linustechtips/

You so should have made the title 'Once you go black you never go back' :lol:

I was going to but you know how stuffy some people on here are about any type of racism even when it's not :P

Nope. I can't do night theme. Hurts my eyes with the brightness of reloading a page. I get used to the dark black then when I click to go to a different page on the forum BAM. Struck by the white.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I went back from night theme because of some bugs and the lack of brightness my monitor has, which made it impossible to read stuff during the day.