first monitor, IPS glow backlight bleed, please verify

Syrus314

Hi, so this is actually my first monitor I've ever had, I've just gamed on a over 5 year old tv screen(60hz 1080 I assume) with my pc connected to it for years and years, so getting a monitor was a pretty exciting jump for me and I did weeks of research on middle range ones, so I already knew about ips glow and backlight blead, but I just wanna get some second opinions from people more experienced that I relatively got what I paid for, because everybody's cameras are different and despite doing a lot of research and looking at a lot of examples, I just wanna be sure.

Now, context is absolutely necessary here, first its on 70% brightness in a what I consider pitch black room, to be honest to my eyes(and everyone I've ever known says I have crazy good eyes especially in the dark), to me it looks like the first picture except EVEN LESS GLOW IN THE CORNERS, like the whole screen looks pretty much like the middle of the screen of the first picture to me. HOWEVER, if I let my trash ancient phone camera do its natural adjustment with all the settings, then I get a picture like the 3rd one, but again, that could not be farther from what my eyes see. So some other opinions would really be appreciated.

20211119_035532.thumb.jpg.44f1d1b54c08d763961d40632253d242.jpg20211119_035559.thumb.jpg.aa73a1391daf48dacba7d0cecb283673.jpg20211119_035553.thumb.jpg.25c3e2c351f2f380d58fc3ff7b1f925c.jpg

Is this visible in normal lighting conditions? This seem normal unless you got a very expensive monitor

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

You'll want to do whatever it is you do normally and decide whether or not this is acceptable yourself. 

Most monitors will have bleed to this level, It's just a case of where you draw the line. 

I found testing this with a blank screen was pretty useless as I'm not going to be staring at one during my average use. 

Try to play a movie/video with some dark scenes and then you'll know if that backlight bleed is going to pick away at you after your return window closes.

*Personally I would say that it's pretty bad and while I may have just been lucky, I haven't experienced anything close to that with more expensive monitors like the Gl850-b from LG. 

Good Luck. 

To me it seems pretty good. I had better, but also worse monitors. It really depends if it's distracting to you during normal everyday use.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

46 minutes ago, ErykYT3 said:

You'll want to do whatever it is you do normally and decide whether or not this is acceptable yourself. 

Most monitors will have bleed to this level, It's just a case of where you draw the line. 

I found testing this with a blank screen was pretty useless as I'm not going to be staring at one during my average use. 

Try to play a movie/video with some dark scenes and then you'll know if that backlight bleed is going to pick away at you after your return window closes.

*Personally I would say that it's pretty bad and while I may have just been lucky, I haven't experienced anything close to that with more expensive monitors like the Gl850-b from LG. 

Good Luck. 

Actually this one cost more than that by just a bit, its the AORUS FI27Q-P, fun fact, the exact lg you said was the other monitor i was potentially gonna get, it was down between those 2 and I picked this.

21 minutes ago, Syrus314 said:

Actually this one cost more than that by just a bit, its the AORUS FI27Q-P, fun fact, the exact lg you said was the other monitor i was potentially gonna get, it was down between those 2 and I picked this.

I am aware of this monitor.

It was on my list at the beginning of my research, read too many bad experiences and opted for the LG, been happy with them, and I have two. 

It's IPS, backlight and LCD, nothing new. Just the same old shit.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280