Electric Shaver Recommendations?

paulyron

I bought a norelco shaver 3500 last year.  It worked for maybe at most 2 months before the rotary heads would spin and thus I couldn't use it.  Thus if you try to use it on your face, it would be your cutting yourself.  Few months later I bought replacement rotary heads and put that in.  Then it worked for maybe a bit more than a month... and then it stopped working.  Basically when you open it and power it on, you do see those things inside spin.  But when you close the top part back and press power, it doesn't work and its like something is stuck there so to speak to prevent it from working?  Does anyone know what is the reason for this?  I don't want to buy replacement rotary heads again only to find out that wouldn't work.

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Norelco-Shaver-S3212-82/dp/B0842YHKL3/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Now does anyone have recommendation on what electric shaver to buy?  I would buy it on amazon or best buy or target online etc.  Thing is I only have facial hair on my moustache and chin.  I cannot and never could grew a beard and thus I never used any razor to shave.  Only used electric razors.  Does anyone have recommendation on what electric shaver to use?  I do see some that cost more than a hundred dollars for it and shocked some cost few hundred dollars for it.  The previous electric razor I used, I remembering using it for few years with no issue.  But this one had issues each time.  I think i should always stick with norelco right?  Would you recommend me buy the same model again or is that a bad idea?  I do see cheaper ones that are non brand name that seem to have very good reviews.  But I do prefer to stick with norelco.  Anyone here have this exact model?  I bought this last year because it was moderately priced... 60 dollars plus tax etc.  Again it worked fine for the first month or so but then it had issues and i had to get replacement rotary heads for it.  Then a month later, when you power it on... you see it power on but its like stuck so to speak.  Anyone know the issue for this?

Also I got to assume I can't return it for warranty right?  Again its over a year since I bought it... i bought replacement rotary heads for it but i used it for a bit more than a month before this issue happened again.

1 hour ago, NOV654 said:

Second the One Blade. Only thing I would use before a grew out a beard during the pandemic.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

The Wahl Shaver Shaper might work for you if you only grow hair on those two spots. Or, the One Blade as suggested. You could also just buy a razor. Far, far cheaper if you're worried about money. I have a Braun 8595. It was around $250 - $300 when it was new, but it's lasted me about 15 years. If you're going to buy an electric shaver, I'd strongly suggested investing your money in something expensive that will last. It's something you can have for decades if you treat it right, and you're unlikely to stop growing hair anytime soon. I go for straight foils though, not rotary.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Electric shaver can be cheaper than a razor in the long run as you don't have to buy new blades as regularly.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

huh.. shame about the norelco.  I have one that I got as a teenager (in the 80's) that still works fine..it's had some failure points of the plastic shell itself but the blades, still great.

I got a Remington shaver/clipper set several years ago that I use mainly now, though. Kohl's had a deal where it wound up being $5 (Right now.. or maybe in the next week or two if you're in the US, there will be a LOT of deals on this kind of stuff)... (was a Remington PR1285 Wet Tech Cordless Rotary Shaver and a Remington PG6250 clippers). Work fine for my needs, which is mainly using the clippers to get everything down to scruff...if I need to be clean shaven, I have razer blades and cream for it.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

That philips one blade isn't electric right?  I took a look at it and it doesn't seem to be?

I only used electric razors and prefer that.  Would you say it would be fine to buy the same norelco from last year though?  

2 hours ago, paulyron said:

That philips one blade isn't electric right?  I took a look at it and it doesn't seem to be?

Its rechargable

I can't recommend a particular model, but I swear by Panasonic. I bought one and I've had it just shy of 12 years and she's still going strong, even without having ever replaced the blades or the foil. Definitely worth the $120 AUD I paid for it. I will be looking at Panasonic if/when this thing dies.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

But don't these replacement blades cost a lot?  Some of the panasonic arc5 replacement blades cost like 90 dollars.

Also i mentioned that my facial hair is only my moustache and chin area.  I do not have a beard.  So would getting these expensive panasonic arc 5 be even necessary then?  

Again i used those norelco rotary heads for many years etc.

One blade is awesome but if you have tick and strong hairs it gets dull pretty fast, and the replacement blades are not cheap.

Used it to shave my head also, i could get maybe 4 or 5 shaves with one blade.

Also i have to say its closest to a shaving with a real blade i have ever tried.