What Is Your Favorite Console Game?

MeltyMoon

I did a quick search around and I can kinda understand why a topic like this doesn't exist on the forum, anyways let me start this off! My favorite game off all time hands down, is Kingdom Hearts 2. I bought that game back in the day when paying 60 dollars for a video game was considered an outrage, I've beaten this game so many times, and I still have the same copy of the disc to date. Everything about the game was amazing from the musical score ( epic example; 

or 
 )

to the fun hack and slash rpg gameplay. And don't even get me started on the beautiful story-line that spanned these two titles :). Feel free to post your favorite game/games and any OSTs or anything! Also this was one of the first video games i worked to purchase, i saved for like 2 and a half months to scrounge up 60 bucks (hey it's hard when you're like 7 lol).

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Metal Gear Solid 4. If you know the back story of the previous games and are familiar

with the many perverse tragedies that have befallen our protagonists up to that point

it's really quite the experience. I think the only other game that's actually involved

me like that was the original Deus Ex on PC.

Aside from that I have to give an honorable mention to the Uncharted Franchise. But MGS4

is just... something else, at least to me. :wub:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Favorite Game: Proteus/Flower

Gameplay:

OST:

(Summer)

Why?: The games are so peaceful and when ever I get worked up I can go play them knowing everything will be all right. I have purchased Flower OST and I like to listen to peaceful music when I bike ride and program.

PS: Nice thread MeltyMoon, I like KH also.

Do you want to know what grinds my gears?
The old forum.

Metal Gear Solid 4. If you know the back story of the previous games and are familiar

with the many perverse tragedies that have befallen our protagonists up to that point

it's really quite the experience. I think the only other game that's actually involved

me like that was the original Deus Ex on PC.

Aside from that I have to give an honorable mention to the Uncharted Franchise. But MGS4

is just... something else, at least to me. :wub:

I totally know what you mean, MGS has been a big part of my childhood, i remember begging my dad to let me play it when i was 6 :p. I've been following the series ever since! 

Kingdom Hearts 2 or a more recent love of mine, Forza Motorsport 4. I just love the car custimization, swaps, and sub-communities of that game.

I don't have a real favorite but I have a bunch I would play again.

1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (GC)

2. Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC)

3.Super Mario World (SENS)

4. Super Smash bros. Melee (GC)

5. Metal gear Solid 4 (PS3)

6. Donkey Kong Country (SENS)

7. Mario Kart: Double Dash (GC)

8. Kirby Air Ride (GC)

That is all I can remember but they where all games I still play today even i'm tired of todays crappy games.

MeltyMoon, on 07 May 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

I totally know what you mean, MGS has been a big part of my childhood, i remember begging my dad to let me play it when i was 6 :P. I've been following the series ever since!

Sadly I didn't have the money to play the previous games, and when I finally had the

money I lacked the time :(.

After having played through MGS4 for the first time I scoured the web for information

on the history of the franchise and the game's universe. I downloaded all cutscenes

from the earlier games (those who had them) and watched them all. Then I spent many

days reading on the game's wiki about all the characters and what had happend up to

MGS4.

Then I played MGS4 again. Oh. Dear. God. :o :o :o

That final mano a mano on top of the submarine's comm tower is so truly very much the

definition of absolute epicness if you know the story of the two characters involved.

So much epic feels! :lol:

And besides the epic story of MGS4, there's also the soundtrack.

EDIT:

majorawsome, on 07 May 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

Favorite Game: Proteus/Flower

[...vids...]

Why?: The games are so peaceful and when ever I get worked up I can go play them knowing everything will be all right. I have purchased Flower OST and I like to listen to peaceful music when I bike ride and program.

That looks very nice! :)

majorawsome, on 07 May 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

PS: Nice thread MeltyMoon, I like KH also.

Yeah this was a nice idea.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

assassins creed series... i know u can play it on pc with better graphics but its better on console

Character artist in the Games industry.

Just realized that this was moved, my apologies to the mod team. I just figured it was really off topic so i threw it in general discussion. My bad :p. Anyways keep the entries going guys! All great stuff in here! :)

I will probably be considered an Xbox fan boy for saying this. But Halo definitely is my favorite franchise. (I know that's not exactly a single game, but honestly I couldn't choose one over the other when i comes to story line) Halo is just the bread and butter to my gaming experience, and is what got me gaming serious in the first place. No matter what happens after Halo is done it will always bring fond memories of me stopping the covenant and saving humanity. 

CPU:4770k  Motherboard:Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero  RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance  GPU:MSI GeForce GTX 780 OC 6GB  CaseFractal Design Define R4 (Blackout Edition)  Storage:Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 1TB WD Caviar Black PSU:Corsair RM 850  Display(s):BenQ 24" GL2450-B  Cooling:Corsair H75  Keyboard:Compaq (Generic)  Mouse:G500

The game that I play the most is Magical Drop 3 on the Neo Geo.

Others I will never get rid of are:

- Zelda - A Link to the past (SNES)

- Super Turrican (SNES)

- Metal Slug 3 (Neo Geo)

- Final Fantasy 9 (PSX)

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

All those N64 classics. After that generation consoles didn't excite me anymore.

I loved playing Animal Crossing for some reason, kind of want to play it again

Mines has to be Goldeneye on the N64

Intel 3570k @ 3.8ghz | MSI Z77 G43 | 16gb ddr3 Crucial Ballistix Sport | MSI Geforce GTX 660 2GB
Corsair 120GB Force Series 3 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Fractal Design R3 | OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio

I can't pick just one, so here are my top picks:

-The Rock Band series. Amazingly fun imo. I love being the best player I personally know. :D

-The Assassins Creed series. Also amazingly fun. Love the story and the awesome gameplay. I like how it sort of lets you choose to be all stealthy or run up on everyone and fight them.

-GTA San Andreas. AWESOME! My favorite game from the PS2. I've spent countless hours on that game. Absolutely loved being able to fly planes around in it, and am excited that that is going to be included in GTA V.

-The Borderlands series. If you've played either of them you know that they're just beast, and any top video game list is incomplete without them.

-Guitar Hero 2. The game that got me started on my plastic guitar awesomeness lol. Great disc songs imo, way better than what comes on any other plastic instrument game I've played so far. Although Rock Band definitely makes up for their terrible disc songs with their extensive library of DLC songs.

-Super Smash Bros on the N64. No explanation required.

-Goldeneye. Also no explanation needed.

Jak and Daxter Series

Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2

Halo Series

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | Motherboard: GA-H61N-USB3 | RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333 MHz Video CardEVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm | Monitor Asus PB238Q & Asus PB278Q

Mouse: Lenovo N50 | Keyboard: Apple Pro Keyboard | Operating Systems: Hackintosh OS X 10.8.5 & Windows 8.1

Forza 2-3-4 on xbox

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Based on how much I play them right now I would have to say the various Avatar related Indie developer games on Xbox 360 that you can get off Xbox Live. Home Run Challenge and Avatar Slam Dunk.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

SNES soooo many great memories.

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

i think the most played current generation game i play has to be gt5 for sure 

''FX-9590 Hotter than lava''

Pokemon and Final Fantasy 10. MGS is cool, not to forget some racers.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

ratchet and clank series!!!