The Windows 11 patch caused the performance of my laptop CPU to degrade...

Fuso

When I just upgraded Windows11:

371172177_.png.d2876ca9af3cd428e25e6f9d67d64508.png

After updating the latest patch today:

1997037612_1.png.bf2f4b85053bebcff4fe9e7f75779304.png

534323045_2.png.2dd95b88d51783549649b7b4d788dd32.png

1006116002_3.png.72321966744951a4484753a9789ab151.png

669949873_4.png.8c5a577be877db4b6851b5cac29149ca.png

Thanks for letting us know, that a very new OS is buggy.

I dont get why people feel the need to upgrade from perfectly working system, and then complain about the new being broken.

Imho thats what you get for being on the front-line of innovation...

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

You shouldn’t have upgraded…

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

3 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Thanks for letting us know, that a very new OS is buggy.

I dont get why people feel the need to upgrade from perfectly working system, and then complain about the new being broken.

Imho thats what you get for being on the front-line of innovation...

Ikr

Just wait 6 months or something so w11 is stable

10 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Ikr

Just wait 6 months or something so w11 is stable

I probs will wait until the end of win 10

Your CPU multiplier dropped from 40x to 32x.

I'd check if your power plan or performance settings changed after the update that stopped it from boosting as high. 

-> Moved to Windows

Welcome to open beta, I guess?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Repeat after me:

"Windows 11 is Alpha software."

Repeat that until you understand. Every time MS releases a new OS, it's Alpha quality, and the people who rush to try it out, are the ones who get to find all the issues/bugs/boneheaded problems, thus saving MS a ton of time and money.

Give it 2-3 years and MAYBE, it will be worth using (remember NT 4.0? Took 6 service packs to be useful and secure enough, NIMDA notwithstanding. Win2k took 4 service packs, XP took 3 and it really needed 1 or 2 more)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

24 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Your CPU multiplier dropped from 40x to 32x.

I'd check if your power plan or performance settings changed after the update that stopped it from boosting as high. 

No changes

40x.png.a455d83d59b0501cb48bd32a95cddeb3.png

From what I've heard, AMD CPU-s currently have performance issues with Windows 11. If possible, downgrade to Windows 10 or wait for a patch.

Also, Windows 11 is a fresh OS. It needs some more time in the oven for all the problems to be fixed.

Microsoft fix has already landed in the hands of Insiders.

Waiting for AMD to update their drivers to be Windows 11 ready.

A reminder:

Windows 11 has not been released for general availability yet. Like every version of Windows, they have 2 release dates. The first one is a soft launch for OEMs, system builders, companies IT departments for testing, and enthusiasts. Typically, important issues are discovered and fixed. Once it it has past this stage, then it reaches general availability (official launch). Microsoft said that the general availability of Windows 11 will be pushed sometimes in 2022 (so, most likely early 2022)

Why have this?

Because most manufactures refuses to even look at the beta OS of Windows to start testing and fixing their drivers (or updating their drivers to a new driver model if needed) if Windows has not reached released state. 

History of some releases of Windows:
GA: General availability

• Windows 95:      August 15, 1995       → GA: August 24, 1995;
  • Windows 2000:  December 15, 1999 → GA: February 17, 2000
  • Windows XP:     August 24, 2001       → GA: October 25, 2001
  • Windows Vista:  November 8, 2006   → GA: January 30, 2007 
  • Windows 7:        July 22, 2009            → GA: October 22, 2009
  • Windows 8:        August 1, 2012         → GA: October 26, 2012
  • Windows 11:     October 11, 2020       → GA: ???

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Microsoft fix has already landed in the hands of Insiders.

Waiting for AMD to update their drivers to be Windows 11 ready.

A reminder:

Windows 11 has not been released for general availability yet. Like every version of Windows, they have 2 release dates. The first one is a soft launch for OEMs, system builders, companies IT departments for testing, and enthusiasts. Typically, important issues are discovered and fixed. Once it it has past this stage, then it reaches general availability (official launch). Microsoft said that the general availability of Windows 11 will be pushed sometimes in 2022 (so, most likely early 2022)

Why have this?

Because most manufactures refuses to even look at the beta OS of Windows to start testing and fixing their drivers (or updating their drivers to a new driver model if needed) if Windows has not reached released state. 

History of some releases of Windows:
GA: General availability

• Windows 95:      August 15, 1995       → GA: August 24, 1995;
  • Windows 2000:  December 15, 1999 → GA: February 17, 2000
  • Windows XP:     August 24, 2001       → GA: October 25, 2001
  • Windows Vista:  November 8, 2006   → GA: January 30, 2007 
  • Windows 7:        July 22, 2009            → GA: October 22, 2009
  • Windows 8:        August 1, 2012         → GA: October 26, 2012
  • Windows 11:     October 11, 2020       → GA: ???

That is the release to manufacturer (rtm) date. This date manufacturers can get it but not the public directly.  For 11 rtm and general availability are the same date. 

1 hour ago, m9x3mos said:

That is the release to manufacturer (rtm) date. This date manufacturers can get it but not the public directly.  For 11 rtm and general availability are the same date. 

Yea, ok you are right,.... kinda... 'cause Microsoft is mixing the channel as it is free upgrade forever, and is available to all who wants to get it, as unlike the old  days where, now, disks didn't have to sent out, nor license purchased required (and to deal with), as well, it is now free to upgrade to from Win10, and well most people have broadband internet. That said, before, you could still get it if you wanted to. I got my hands with ease with Vista, 7, and 8 RTMs just fine (not activated, of course, but it worked fine). XP could have been acquired, via registering yourself as IT or Dev (IIRC). Prior, I think you needed to register and pay as disks/license were sent out by mail.

Keep in mind that not everyone has the update showing through Windows Update. Only some, who goes through Windows Update will show a banner for it.

General Availability, points the time where you go buy Windows 11 license retail or OEM. Right now, only Windows 10 license is available. Now if Microsoft wants to no longer sell Windows 11 beside to OEMs directly, like they do with Windows 10 on ARM, then that is a different story.  And GA also means that everyone will have it through Windows Update (on supported systems)

I know many sites claim "General availability", because anyone can go on Microsoft website and, well, get it... regardless if it shows or not under Windows Update panel, but that is not really the case by definition (by Microsoft based on past releases). Ie: not available in stores and not everyone (who is eligible) has it under Windows Update.

Doesn't help that Microsoft messaging is clear as mud, as per tradition for the company, that the company has never cared in ever fixing. (See every, without exception, Windows release articles and forum posts online).

44 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Keep in mind that not everyone has the update showing through Windows Update.

This is true. But everyone can grab the iso for it or use the upgrade assistant I believe. 

44 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

General Availability, points the time where you go buy Windows 11 license retail or OEM

And this used to matter because you needed to buy the license for that specific version. This is no longer the case as you pointed out. 

46 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

And GA also means that everyone will have it through Windows Update (on supported systems)

I think this is just your interpretation of that. When I used to work in the sales side of things, this was just generally when anyone who wanted it could get it. That is the current state that anyone who wants 11 can get it. 

49 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Doesn't help that Microsoft messaging is clear as mud, as per tradition for the company, that the company has never cared in ever fixing. (See every, without exception, Windows release articles and forum posts online).

This is Microsofts biggest failure in my opinion. They do a horrible job with messaging.