[TPU] Linksys Starts Shipping the beastly WRT1900AC Router

KakaoDj

Techpowerup article - You should check this out, it contains about 3 metric tons of info

This right here, mentlegen, is a powerhouse of a router. It has some serious firepower, and has a ton of functionality. For example: it can be used as a range extender or wireless bridge. Linksys is also planning to release a firmware update that will allow it to establish a secure remote connection to the router from anywhere in the world. Which is baller. Imagine this beast with the new Qualcomm chips i posted about yesterday: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/137546-kg-qualcomm-can-triple-or-even-quadruple-wi-fi-speeds-compared-to-today’s-with-new-chip/

The Nvidia Shield, as well as other wireless gamestreaming services could probably benefit from this a heap.

It also comes with a load of software features, such as printer sharing through USB or eSATA.

"The WRT is a cornerstone in the history of Wi-Fi and synonymous for many people with going wireless at home since it was their first wireless router. Since the introduction of the original WRT, we have sold more than 50 million units worldwide and are still selling it very successfully even with wireless technology advancing rapidly," said Mike Chen, vice president product management for Linksys. "The WRT has a cult status for many because of the open source aspect that made it so immensely popular. We are honored to have collaborated with OpenWRT to ensure the open source readiness of the product and building a WRT-worthy successor with cutting-edge hardware and iconic design."

Specs

• 802.11ac Wi-Fi (backward-compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n)
  • Speeds up to 1300 Mbps on the 5 GHz band
  • Speeds up to 600 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band
  • GbE WAN & LAN ports
  • 1 x eSATA/USB 2.0 port
  • 1 x USB 3.0 port
  • 1.20 GHz dual-core ARM processor
  • 128 MB flash memory
  • 256 MB DDR3 RAM
  • Four exchangeable external antennas

45a.jpg

Holy crap that thing is baller.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

You should add an opinion, its nice to see what the op thinks instead of a copy paste thread(constructive feedback). Anyways that is badass.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Way overpriced and the Linksys default software is some of the worst I've ever seen.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

It's cool and all, but my lord. Spamming "News" probably won't get you the badge. And if you do, I'd consider it worthless.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

It's cool and all, but my lord. Spamming "News" probably won't get you the badge. And if you do, I'd consider it worthless.

wait, you were actually serious in that last post? That is actually really douchy

I am just doing this because i'm bored, also the things i post are actually interresting.

Also, when Brownninja had a posting streak of like 18 posts in a row last summer, we congratulated him, we did not whine like some people are doing now.

Please, just apologise and stop. I am not aiming for any "badge"

You should add an opinion, its nice to see what the op thinks instead of a copy paste thread(constructive feedback). Anyways that is badass.

I am getting around to it now, also

600 posts  B)

wait, you were actually serious in that last post? That is actually really douchy

I am just doing this because i'm bored, also the things i post are actually interresting.

Also, when Brownninja had a posting streak of like 18 posts in a row last summer, we congratulated him, we did not whine like some people are doing now.

I wasn't being serious. :huh:

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Sometimes sarcasm/irony does not shine through  ;)

Sometimes sarcasm does not shine through  ;)

It is the internet. Damn letters, always making things serious. Wait, maybe if I do things in pink Comic Sans, nobody will take it seriously...

Abortions are good. That just means less spoiled brats.

Did it work?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Woah it's a combination of sexiness, & performs very very very good.

Cheese

hey just look at me i tried a while back, i did put effort i think, ive kinda lost that drive but i still do news here and there.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

wow now lots of people got pissed

Listen if you care.

It is the internet. Damn letters, always making things serious. Wait, maybe if I do things in pink Comic Sans, nobody will take it seriously...

Abortions are good. That just means less spoiled brats.

Did it work?

Trollface-small-normal2pl7-1.png

...1356.gif

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

wow now lots of people got pissed

just got kinda fed up with 

"stop spamming news"

"you are justing farming post"

"he just wants the badge"

when i try to become active on the forum.

I didn't even know there was a news badge

just got kinda fed up with 

"stop spamming news"

"you are justing farming post"

"he just wants the badge"

when i try to become active on the forum.

I didn't even know there was a news badge

Its already, i know precisely what you mean, im jealous, if only i had the time to be more active,im normally on the forum for about an hour everyday, people think im on a crazy amount due to my post count and they think i give out rubbish due to that, i was said to be post farming as well, why the heck would i want to do that, especially at my level. I did ask the mod team about the requirements to get the badge for news poster a while back, they never replied.

Listen if you care.

Its already, i know precisely what you mean, im jealous, if only i had the time to be more active,im normally on the forum for about an hour everyday, people think im on a crazy amount due to my post count and they think i give out rubbish due to that, i was said to be post farming as well, why the heck would i want to do that, especially at my level. I did ask the mod team about the requirements to get the badge for news poster a while back, they never replied.

You love your post count admit it immediately!

I don't hate you for it, but to be honest mate why do you care about a badge? If there was money involved it would be something but a AFAIK there isn't so who gives IMO there's no need to be jelous of a logo.

Everybody knows you are a news reporter because you post endless news you don't need a badge to say it.

You love your post count admit it immediately!

I don't hate you for it, but to be honest mate why do you care about a badge? If there was money involved it would be something but a AFAIK there isn't so who gives IMO there's no need to be jelous of a logo.

Everybody knows you are a news reporter because you post endless news you don't need a badge to say it.

Im not sure why i wanted it, its like asking people why they ddos live streams, no cares is impressed and you end up looking like a dick 

Listen if you care.

cant wait

i would love to buy me one of those. I only have the one that came with my subscription. The range on it is horrible

Is it just me or does no one else get the point of having really expensive wireless technology. I really don't get it when a cable is infinitely better in every possible way unless you are using a phone or laptop but at that point you really don't need a speedy internet connection. Any wireless router is good enough anything more is a bit pointless unless you really need fast internet speeds on your phone.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Way overpriced and the Linksys default software is some of the worst I've ever seen.

this router is built by linksys for customization. so overclocking, antenna replacement, crazy software (dd-wrt, tomato, openWRT, etc.) are all supported but /may/ void warranty. I dont think linksys intends for people to leave it at stock.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1