[KG] Qualcomm can triple or even quadruple Wi-Fi speeds compared to today’s with new chip

KakaoDj

Source

The maximum of what 802.11ac can deliver... interresting

Would love to see some innovation there, indeed

down_syndrome_boy_thinking_crop_257x257.

Qualcomm has announced its new family of Wi-Fi chips that could improve performance of wireless local area networks by several times. The new Qualcomm Atheros Vive chips (and select Snapdragon application processors) for routers, gateways as well as client devices support multi-stream 802.11ac Wi-Fi with multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO) technology that can triple or even quadruple actual Wi-Fi speeds compared to today’s.

KitGuru Says: Keeping in mind that 802.11ac technology theoretically can support transmission of four data streams over 160MHz channels with MU-MIMO, the new Qualcomm wireless solutions will not offer maximum what the 802.11ac can. Therefore, expect more innovations in this space from Qualcomm and its rivals.

qualcomm_wifi_80211_mu_mimo_1.jpg

qualcomm_wifi_80211_mu_mimo_2.jpg

And in other news, sterility rates increase.

And in other news, sterility rates increase.

"abstinence is my own choise"  ;)

@KakaoDj you hit 500 posts! :D 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

parteeeyyyy  B)

member title time :) 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

parteeeyyyy  B)

Id join in but the offspring of dinosaurs and pc cases doesnt do too well in large crowds.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

This technology is already in use in enterprise equipment, it's good to see that it is also coming to the consumer side. 

Id join in but the offspring of dinosaurs and pc cases doesnt do too well in large crowds.

it's k, i made a cage for you

member title time :)

How do titles work? i don't even have a year since joining and yet i am an advance member.

How do titles work? i don't even have a year since joining and yet i am an advance member.

you have to have 500 posts before you can customize them, its a insensitive to keep people going  

Specs

When you reach 500 posts, you can choose your own member title  :)

I actually had no idea  :lol: