GTX 1650 performing better than a RTX 2070 SUPER?

Emerald108

Hi everyone, I recently just started a thread relating a CPU swap however I am starting to believe that it may be something else?

It's just that my friend who has a GTX
1650 is running a game like valorant at 200+ more fps (300-400 fps) than me and im on a RTX 2070 SUPER and im averaging around 189 fps (peaking 200), So i'm really not sure why that's happening?
So it may be a CPU issue or something else?

Would really appreciate the help, Thanks.

your friend has a 1660 and you have a 2070 super, and he is getting more fps. However you did not say what ram you have, what CPU you have, if you made absolute certain that both games are running with the exact same graphics settings.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

your friend has a 1660 and you have a 2070 super, and he is getting more fps. However you did not say what ram you have, what CPU you have, if you made absolute certain that both games are running with the exact same graphics settings.

I have 16gb of ram and currently have a Intel i5-9600KF and they have a Intel Core i7-11700KF as well as 16gb of ram.

Is that of any help?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Emerald108 said:

I have 16gb of ram and currently have a Intel i5-9600KF and they have a Intel Core i7-11700KF as well as 16gb of ram.

Is that of any help?

Thanks

you both have the same amount of ram, but what frequency and latency?

Not only does your friend have a much faster CPU (particularly for games that can use more cores), but if they have some DDR4 3200 CL16 and you have DDR4 2666 CL22, the performance difference is also heavily impacted.

If you could share ram speeds, and whether or not the processors are overclocked, that would be helpful.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

you both have the same amount of ram, but what frequency and latency?

Not only does your friend have a much faster CPU (particularly for games that can use more cores), but if they have some DDR4 3200 CL16 and you have DDR4 2666 CL22, the performance difference is also heavily impacted.

Not exactly sure what any of those mean however I can give you these benchmarks if that's any help?

Would really love to see what the problem is here. 🙂 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/46924094#GRAPHICS_CARD - Friends PC

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/46923942 - My PC

8 minutes ago, Emerald108 said:

Not exactly sure what any of those mean however I can give you these benchmarks if that's any help?

Would really love to see what the problem is here. 🙂 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/46924094#GRAPHICS_CARD - Friends PC

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/46923942 - My PC

it looks like your friend's PC, with the i7, has much faster ram. Userbenchmark claims the ram with the i5 is running at 2133MHz. Very slow.

If Valorant is running on your friend's PC with low settings, and valorant is running on your computer with high settings, it's easy to see the 1650 getting a lot of frames in comparison.

I also don't know much about the engine that Valorant runs on, so I am not sure if 200FPS tends to be a stopping point for performance or not.

Primary PC:

16 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

it looks like your friend's PC, with the i7, has much faster ram. Userbenchmark claims the ram with the i5 is running at 2133MHz. Very slow.

If Valorant is running on your friend's PC with low settings, and valorant is running on your computer with high settings, it's easy to see the 1650 getting a lot of frames in comparison.

I also don't know much about the engine that Valorant runs on, so I am not sure if 200FPS tends to be a stopping point for performance or not.

Alright, Glad we are getting somewhere with this 🙂

So what should I upgrade to see a major increase in FPS? CPU, RAM?

Thanks.

18 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

200 FPS isn't the stopping point for the Valorant engine. I get about 320 FPS with a very old GPU (R9 280x 3GB).

PS. Valorant loves fast and tight RAM.

2 minutes ago, Emerald108 said:

Thanks.

Can you share a screenshot of your PCs CPU-Z results? You can get CPU-Z from: https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

image.png.95a30d1230dac898e4f0dbaf5bb04de2.png

Mine looks like this.

You can see that the DRAM frequency is about 1600 Mhz. This means that my RAM is running at 3200 Mhz. Also note the CAS# Latency - Mine is 16.0. If we can speedup your RAM you might be on your way to popping heads with more FPS.

8 minutes ago, Emerald108 said:

Thanks.

You need to enable XMP on your RAM. You bought DDR4-3000, but it's running at the default 2133

12 minutes ago, Emerald108 said:

Thanks.

start with XMP in the BIOS. That will help a lot, your motherboard should at least allow 2666MHz which is a big improvement over 2133

Primary PC:

9 hours ago, YoungBlade said:

You need to enable XMP on your RAM. You bought DDR4-3000, but it's running at the default 2133

9 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

start with XMP in the BIOS. That will help a lot, your motherboard should at least allow 2666MHz which is a big improvement over 2133

Sorry for the late response! 

I'll give that a try, Thanks for the help 🙂 

EDIT:
There was no official option to change to XMP, however I saw a frequency and clicked on it and it was originally on 2133 so i changed it to 2666.

14 hours ago, ContraHacker said:

Can you share a screenshot of your PCs CPU-Z results? You can get CPU-Z from: https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

image.png.95a30d1230dac898e4f0dbaf5bb04de2.png

Mine looks like this.

You can see that the DRAM frequency is about 1600 Mhz. This means that my RAM is running at 3200 Mhz. Also note the CAS# Latency - Mine is 16.0. If we can speedup your RAM you might be on your way to popping heads with more FPS.

This was after trying to enable XMP in BIOS, There was no official option to enable it however I saw that I had to tick a box listing what frequency I wanted so I ticked 2666 however im not sure if it has done anything as of yet.

Glad we are narrowing it down!

image.png.4e4a82cdf1a897d6256306d1aea82a0c.png

7 hours ago, Emerald108 said:

This was after trying to enable XMP in BIOS, There was no official option to enable it however I saw that I had to tick a box listing what frequency I wanted so I ticked 2666 however im not sure if it has done anything as of yet.

Glad we are narrowing it down!

image.png.4e4a82cdf1a897d6256306d1aea82a0c.png

Yeah this looks good. 2666 Mhz is as fast as your CPU supports. This should net you a couple more FPS. You can look into overclocking your CPU next, but watch out for the temps.

2 hours ago, ContraHacker said:

Yeah this looks good. 2666 Mhz is as fast as your CPU supports. This should net you a couple more FPS. You can look into overclocking your CPU next, but watch out for the temps.

Alright, Really appreciate all the help.

As for CPU overclocking, how do I do that?

Thanks!

Just now, Emerald108 said:

Alright, Really appreciate all the help.

As for CPU overclocking, how do I do that?

Thanks!

I saw in your other post that you have an H310 board, which doesn't support CPU overclocking. You need a Z370 or Z390 board for that.

Also, your RAM timings are really bad for 2666 - they're 18-19-19-44. Does your motherboard allow you to change RAM timings?

3 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

I saw in your other post that you have an H310 board, which doesn't support CPU overclocking. You need a Z370 or Z390 board for that.

Also, your RAM timings are really bad for 2666 - they're 18-19-19-44. Does your motherboard allow you to change RAM timings?

Oh, then don't worry about that then.

I can have a look in a bit to see if it allows me, I'll give you an update in a bit.

Thanks