Fractal Torrent alternative's, and information about fans

Ricotta Elmar
40 minutes ago, Dogzilla07 said:

Thermalbench testing (same person doing tomshardware and techpowerup, VSG, the best reviewer of fans on the internet, ever since coolingtechnique stopped doing reviews. And half a decade of tests, discussions on overclock net forum.

http://thermalbench.com/?s=thermalright

As for german u don't really need to understand what he's saying (would help but, the graphs are easily decipherable, so u can just look at the data, especially for P12/P14). That should be the most accurate P14/P12 data on the internet if i remember correctly. Though there might be 1 or 2 more tests, but the info is buried in the huge Arctic P12/P14 thread on overclock net forum.

@WesleyNL no you're not over-reacting, gaps upfront near intake are bad, for a positive pressure setup :), the less the better. But it's mostly gaps around the filter and where air could escape outside the case.  Which case are u talking about again, the one with white frame with the black SW3 ? and the gaps where the screws go where you mount ? Because as long as the only intake they have is the filter that's the best.

It's actually bad for 140mm fans when they're obstructed by 120mm mounting holes, that's something than can case humming with some 140mm fans.

https://www.amazon.com/Thermalright-TL-C14S-Computer-Gaming-Cooler/dp/B08PV9S57M/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1UJN6CILBV4S6&dchild=1&keywords=thermalright+tl-c14s&qid=1633642546&sprefix=TL-C14S%2Caps%2C254&sr=8-1

u can order them directly on Amazon if the shipping is ok, that's the best option. As for aliexpress just double check it's either the official shop or highly rated one with comments. googling the fan should pop up a dozen reddit posts with people's experiences and where they ordered from.

Meshify s2 currently scroll back for some phics and you see how it looks

Here an example, find the vardar 120 on thermalbench or another fan, then find the same fan on techpowerup, and u got a baseline to compare. And then go to the newest Phanteks t30-120 review and go to the bottom two pics and find that fan that makes the baseline in the noise-normalized test. All comparable because it's the same methodology, like GamersNexus always mentions.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

15 minutes ago, WesleyNL said:

Meshify s2 currently scroll back for some phics and you see how it looks

Thank you, i got lost in all the posts xD, anyway that case should be fine, your best bet if you use 120mm fans is to use gaffers tape, or ductape, or electrical tape, or something in a color that you're fine with and just block those wholes. So that the 120mm doesn't recycle it's air for less static pressure like you've mentioned.

If u don't wanna soft mod, yes a 140mm would be better.

P.S. I found a pick and it doesn't look that bad, if u move the fans a bit, and just google and buy white gaffer tape, and try to match the color, should be fine.

https://www.kitguru.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/2-Fractal-Design-Meshify-S2-Review-on-KitGuru-Frotn-Left-34-Open-On-2.jpg

Gamersnexus shows it being quite good. (I would still remove the front foam, and just have the front mesh on without it)

Hold on guys , i am not so intressed in water colong, i wanted best possible air cooling, im one of that kind, i ordered some thermalrights from amazon and we will see how they perform,

I mean for silent wings 3 140mm pwm high speed, they are quite noicy compare to fractal prisma al-14 and that is no joke, the al-14 pwm have a softer humming but they have some ticking noice in them on low speed, and the rgb sucks , 1 completly died probaly first led died, and 1 have a stuck red led, thats when i swapped to bequiet, but honnestly, they sucks

And so i came here to ask about best air cooling possible, and good silent fans that have no humming or buzzing like i posted a sound clip of the bequiets

7 minutes ago, WesleyNL said:

Hold on guys , i am not so intressed in water colong

Don't mind the watercooling, it's irrelevant, just used as comparison xD, it's similar to how obstructive a filter with mesh would be (of course less). But it's just a way to easily compare results. No water cooling recommendations here xD

Ah shucks, i was about to get to that part. There's a chance that the ends of your 140mm impellers are hitting the metal frame and causing that noise. A 120mm fan wouldn't produce that.

Can you switch your Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 so that they're in between the mounting position and the front mesh ( did u try this ?) That's an easy way to see if above is the problem. Just make sure you test without the front panel once, and when u test with the front panel on, that u have the foam removed (if u can without destroying it).

As for other cases u should be fine with the Thermalright, but yes The Phanteks are a more compatible option (do them as a last resort when u end up changing the case if u encounter any problems). It's a shame ur front is that beat, but u can do the above SW3 test without it, just to see if the fan scratches when inside the case, as opposed to outside of it (the mounting positions).

2 minutes ago, Dogzilla07 said:

Thank you, i got lost in all the posts xD, anyway that case should be fine, your best bet if you use 120mm fans is to use gaffers tape, or ductape, or electrical tape, or something in a color that you're fine with and just block those wholes. So that the 120mm doesn't recycle it's air for less static pressure like you've mentioned.

If u don't wanna soft mod, yes a 140mm would be better.

P.S. I found a pick and it doesn't look that bad, if u move the fans a bit, and just google and buy white gaffer tape, and try to match the color, should be fine.

Humm yeah i didn't thought of that about taping of the front gaps, but then again i ordered those thermalright 140mm , if they are trash i will get those phanteks once ,

I want a other case though , as my front paenl is beaten up and i tried to fix it but made it worse, i was thinking of the follow once

Lian-li Lancool 2 Mesh

Lian-li o11 Air Mini

Fractal Meshify 2 Compact

Or any other option that is out there, and do well for air cooling,

9 minutes ago, Dogzilla07 said:

Don't mind the watercooling, it's irrelevant, just used as comparison xD, it's similar to how obstructive a filter with mesh would be (of course less). But it's just a way to easily compare results. No water cooling recommendations here xD

Ah shucks, i was about to get to that part. There's a chance that the ends of your 140mm impellers are hitting the metal frame and causing that noise. A 120mm fan wouldn't produce that.

Well i wanted watercooling to but it limits the freedom,

Its not about being afraid of leaks and stuff, but it makes access to hardware more difficult, and  transporting the case is also more risky ,

Also if iam correct most fans linked  are preasure fans right m not flow fans

Also the al-14 its in the motor not metal in the front they have no reach for metal lol

36 minutes ago, NorKris said:

Like this 40db norm'd test?

image.png.1b2c9949bec88168d3286ae2b441b622.png

failure is abit harsh no? 

All other things aside scaling 140mm without redesign is a recipe for failure very, much yes, as shown for Toughfan 14 in this review:

https://jisakuhibi.jp/review/thermaltake-toughfan-14

And again, Tech Buyer's Guru chart here is a bit useless for this kind of close-nit comparison, all the fans are within margin of error, ... Steve from GamersNexus has said this dozens of times. and i paraphrase "If all your fans are are basically the same, it's not that they all perform the same, it's that your equipment isn't precise enough, or calibrated properly. And if it is and u still can't get tangible results, there's human error at play, and u need to eliminate it".

3 minutes ago, Dogzilla07 said:

All other things aside scaling 140mm without redesign is a recipe for failure very, much yes, as shown for Toughfan 14 in this review:

https://jisakuhibi.jp/review/thermaltake-toughfan-14

And again, Tech Buyer's Guru chart here is useless for this kind of close-nit comparison, all the fans are within margin of error, ...

if it was a fail then it should show in buyer's tests and not win 😛  and it looks like the TF14 beats the noctua 2k-14 fan 

but i think we would have to agree to disagree on this 

16 minutes ago, NorKris said:

if it was a fail then it should show in buyer's tests and not win 😛  and it looks like the TF14 beats the noctua 2k-14 fan 

but i think we would have to agree to disagree on this 

I think you've misundestood my context for faliure, it's simple 120 vs 140mm Toughfan 12 vs Toughfan 14. The 14 is same/regressing. My use of the word failure is unconnected to anything else but this specific comparison xD  When talking about fans it's close as u can see in TBG. But to figure out how much exactly and eliminate human error and improper methodology u have to look to VSG or GamersNexus, no one else. Der8auer is the middle ground, an a few reviews in Asia are also middle of the pack like Der8auer.

OptimumTech, HardwareCanucks, TechBuyer's Guru, Machine's and more, they're all gotten better, progressed, I'm as impressed as i was with GamersNexus back in the day.And i still respect and watch and use data from the videos. (And have high hopes they will refine their methodologies further, and post them so we can judge).

But the testing is still not on the level of VSG / GamersNexus, so it has to be taken with a grain of salt, and not point blank, or believed without doubt.

You can't disagree/agree with me when it's facts and not opinions in play, Tech Buyer's Guru testing methodology is simply not as refined as VSGs, or GamersNexus, it's a fact, not opinion (A consensus was reached multiple times on overclock net forum for each new reviewer comparing them to VSG and GamersNexus, by former industry veterans, current people in the industry, people with a lot of experience and knowledge) From whom I learned over the past ~4-5 years. So I'm not pulling this out of thin air.

The only thing u can agree/disagree with me is how much of a difference it truly makes, but never that all reviews are of the same precision in their methodology cause it's written out by GamersNexus (not for fans but applies all the same), what u have to do, to get the most precise results. Before GamersNexus we could argue that we can agree to disagree, but after GamersNexus that's impossible, they've broken the status quo, broken the mainstream system, and there's no going back to before.

Just wanna add also, clarify, in the case any reviewer reads this directly or indirectly, etc,..

Please do not take my words too much to heart, or get discouraged. Please do not stop your reviews, each and every one of you, your reviews and more are sorely needed and all of us would be at a loss, if the reviews stopped. Don't get jealous, or annoyed,  Just because it's not the level of perfection of GamersNexus or VSG or Aris, doesn't mean it's not useful, doesn't mean it's not sought after. You do new stuff fast, u do sound testing, more of it compared to VSG / GamersNexus / Aris (Aris does a ton though as well :P). Everyone has their niche! VSG/GamersNexus/Aris are your role models to aspire to, like @jonnyGURU, and Oklahomawolf before them! 

Don't feel pressured, improve at your pace, by the amount it's comfortable, how fast it's viable (not everyone has the time for it due to family, etc,..) , collaborate between urselves and with GamersNexus, and Aris from HardwareBusters, and the industry, etc, ... You're all doing golden work and filling out the holes in reporting we all desperately require more of. I can't recall, (how many moments there were for me and others, to learn something and find something, from all the tech reviewers, thousands, tens of thousands just for me personally. So much cool information, cool stuff, etc, ... it is truly a golden age to be a tech enthusiast, a tech influencer, and an engineer at all the companies (finally getting more listened to).

The only ones in the dark ages are too stubborn and slow to-adapt marketing people 😛

5 minutes ago, Dogzilla07 said:

Just wanna add also, clarify, in the case any reviewer reads this directly or indirectly, etc,..

Please do not take my words too much to heart, or get discouraged. Please do not stop your reviews, each and every one of you, they and more are sorely needed and all of us would be at a loss, if the reviews stopped. Don't get jealous, or annoyed,  Just because it's not the level of perfection of GamersNexus or VSG, doesn't mean it's not useful, doesn't mean it's not sought after. You do new stuff fast, u do sound testing, more of it compared to VSG / GamersNexus. Everyone has their niche!

Don't feel pressured, improve at your pace, by the amount it's comfortable, collaborate between urselves and with GamersNexus, and Aris from HardwareBusters, and the industry, etc, ... You're all doing golden work and filling out the holes in reporting we all desperately require more of xD

It's ok but this is to much info for my brains haha,im kind of happy ppl make use of my thread ,

Topic edited , always nice to have a look back on usefull info,

11 minutes ago, WesleyNL said:

t's ok but this is to much info for my brains haha,im kind of happy ppl make use of my thread ,

Topic edited , always nice to have a look back on usefull info,

I know, I apologize these walls of text and all different discussions shouldn't be here, it should be separate topics (both subjects are harder to track find , and suffer for it 😞 Just skim it , skip it xD, do your best to skim it all and focus at what's most important to you, and I try to have neatly separated paragraphs and  hashtag @ someone every time it's back to the topic at hand just to make it easier for Original Poster to SKIP all the side-topic/ off-topic. Cause it's usually me with walls of text, heh

I always try to keep it with minimal information written out, but it always escalates somehow, ...

12 minutes ago, Dogzilla07 said:

I know, I apologize these walls of text and all different discussions shouldn't be here, it should be separate topics (both subjects are harder to track find , and suffer for it 😞 Just skip it , skip it xD, do your best to skip it, and I try hashtag @ someone every time it's back to the topic at hand just to make it easier for Original Poster to SKIP all the side-topic/ off-topic.

I always try to keep it with minimal information written out, but it always escalates somehow, ...

I know right, but it is kind of within topic,

All i want now is a new case and i hope i don't  damage it again

I now ordered new fans based on your guys informations, and i check how they perform,if im happy i keep them

Your ambient temperature plays a huge part in how cool your pc will run. Its 18.5c in my computer space right now.

Edit:

Its not shown but ram is at 1866 14-14-14-34 1.5v

1.png.5d7d4ff28d1169542db92e095f25a351.png

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

15 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Your ambient temperature plays a huge part in how cool your pc will run. Its 18.5c in my computer space right now.

Edit:

Its not shown but ram is at 1866 14-14-14-34 1.5v

1.png.5d7d4ff28d1169542db92e095f25a351.png

it is on xmp in bios at 3200mhz since i pbo and curve it negative -12

I haven't used those fans, but I can guarantee they are probably much quieter than mine lol.. Just to take advantage of the cooler temps I have my fans set to a minimum of 50%. I am 9 feet away from it  and for sure its audible lol. If this was my rig I would definitely get a better cooler. That CPU is a beast and the cooler is a bit small.. I have seen over 200w PPT and mine is "just" 12 cores. Since that screen above some of the lower clocked cores have risen a bit. Get the best cooler you can find, you will be glad you did.

2 hours ago, freeagent said:

I haven't used those fans, but I can guarantee they are probably much quieter than mine lol.. Just to take advantage of the cooler temps I have my fans set to a minimum of 50%. I am 9 feet away from it  and for sure its audible lol. If this was my rig I would definitely get a better cooler. That CPU is a beast and the cooler is a bit small.. I have seen over 200w PPT and mine is "just" 12 cores. Since that screen above some of the lower clocked cores have risen a bit. Get the best cooler you can find, you will be glad you did.

Well in teats thermalright le grand is best cpu cooler, but i have dark rock pro 4

2 hours ago, WesleyNL said:

Well in teats thermalright le grand is best cpu cooler, but i have dark rock pro 4

Not with Zen 3. I have Le Grand Macho RT, True Spirit 140 Power, and Ultra 120 Extreme, as well as my Frost Commander 140. I do like my Thermalright coolers 😄

1 hour ago, freeagent said:

Not with Zen 3. I have Le Grand Macho RT, True Spirit 140 Power, and Ultra 120 Extreme, as well as my Frost Commander 140. I do like my Thermalright coolers 😄

Isn’t the rt lower in cooling performance?

i never had thermalright, they are quite hard to get

13 minutes ago, WesleyNL said:

Isn’t the rt lower in cooling performance?

I don't understand what you mean..

14 minutes ago, WesleyNL said:

i never had thermalright, they are quite hard to get

You can find them on Amazon and AliExpress

8 hours ago, freeagent said:

I don't understand what you mean..

You can find them on Amazon and AliExpress

Yeah i know , but many people avoid ali bcuz you get scammed with defective or broken devices, amazon on the other hand sell sli stiff four doible ot even tripple the pricetag, they cant fool me lol…

21 hours ago, Ricotta Elmar said:

Yeah i know , but many people avoid ali bcuz you get scammed with defective or broken devices, amazon on the other hand sell sli stiff four doible ot even tripple the pricetag, they cant fool me lol…

ive been scammed on all platforms so...its the risk you take buying on line...sadly they give moe rights to the seller or so it seems. 

i got an orange 3.5mm cable off ebay (only really i wanted that cable and spent more money was because it was orange) anyway they didn't have orange and instead of contacting me because messaging take too much time...they picked random colors well i was not happy so i messaged them and they said they wont give me my money back so i had to spend $20 shipping because you need a tracking number to just get my $35 back...so i still lost money... when it was 100% there fault

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

13 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

ive been scammed on all platforms so...its the risk you take buying on line...sadly they give moe rights to the seller or so it seems. 

i got an orange 3.5mm cable off ebay (only really i wanted that cable and spent more money was because it was orange) anyway they didn't have orange and instead of contacting me because messaging take too much time...they picked random colors well i was not happy so i messaged them and they said they wont give me my money back so i had to spend $20 shipping because you need a tracking number to just get my $35 back...so i still lost money... when it was 100% there fault

I have Been scammed on ali only so far, with shit products, amazon i easely return if they are trash

I guess it depends on who you buy from on Ali. All of my stuff has been awesome, never had a problem.. spent a couple hundred bucks there already. I only pay with CC so maybe that's why 😄