Fractal Torrent alternative's, and information about fans

Ricotta Elmar
4 hours ago, tkitch said:

You need to look at fan specs.

Silent wings 3 140mm are only 60 cfm at full speed fans.  That's /really/ low for a 140mm.

Also, you've got an intake fan slot on the front of the case.  Move a fan from the top down there.  

but that will be obstruckted by psu shrout, i don't think it will have any effect

43 minutes ago, WesleyNL said:

but that will be obstruckted by psu shrout, i don't think it will have any effect

It will as you want that fresh air to go under the gpu. Now you are pretty much running most of it straight out through roof and up back.

13 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

It will as you want that fresh air to go under the gpu. Now you are pretty much running most of it straight out through roof and up back.

humm k, although there lots cables under there, and most air will be lost through the side, since it is easyer to escape,  i might be wrong but i give it a shot

1 minute ago, WesleyNL said:

humm k, although there lots cables under there, and most air will be lost through the side, since it is easyer to escape,  i might be wrong but i give it a shot

If you think about it a little, pushing air in from front and then immediately exhausting it through the roof does absolutely nothing more than adds noise to your system. It will not cool down the cpu or gpu as the fresh air wont reach those coolers.

3 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

If you think about it a little, pushing air in from front and then immediately exhausting it through the roof does absolutely nothing more than adds noise to your system. It will not cool down the cpu or gpu as the fresh air wont reach those coolers.

well i have a feeling the air wont even passtherough the psu shrout, i do give it a try , dont worry about that , it might actualy work,

8 minutes ago, WesleyNL said:

well i have a feeling the air wont even passtherough the psu shrout, i do give it a try , dont worry about that , it might actualy work,

That being Meshify s2, the best option is to move that front roof fan to the bottom front intake slot.

28 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

That being Meshify s2, the best option is to move that front roof fan to the bottom front intake slot.

ok i placed one down , so you say i have to remove a top fan ?

but adding one more causes more humming / buzzing noice to though,

a sound clip once more of the fan sounds, it is pretty brutal for just a silent wings 3

also now have a large hole in front to >_>

is it me or can i place 2 fans in the psu shrout ?!

if i close the chamber, add 1 bottom fan and keep the 2 front  would that a beter setup for cooling ? 

although i think it will cross flow and screw up the air flow

fan 2.jpg

fan 3.jpg

fan1.jpg

fan_noice2.wav

IMG_20211004_220557.jpg

4 hours ago, WesleyNL said:

ok i placed one down , so you say i have to remove a top fan ?

but adding one more causes more humming / buzzing noice to though,

a sound clip once more of the fan sounds, it is pretty brutal for just a silent wings 3

also now have a large hole in front to >_>

is it me or can i place 2 fans in the psu shrout ?!

if i close the chamber, add 1 bottom fan and keep the 2 front  would that a beter setup for cooling ? 

although i think it will cross flow and screw up the air flow

fan 2.jpg

fan 3.jpg

fan1.jpg

fan_noice2.wav 3.83 MB · 0 downloads

IMG_20211004_220557.jpg

no that will just mess up the front air.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

15 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

no that will just mess up the front air.

But this is just like the lian li build that are full of fans, o11d mini air, they put side, bottom and front , that makes air cross each other and airflow is gone

2 hours ago, WesleyNL said:

But this is just like the lian li build that are full of fans, o11d mini air, they put side, bottom and front , that makes air cross each other and airflow is gone

ya there are a few case that have front and side mount fans. like i said its for looks or mounting a rez pump top to it. filling the front and side is not a good idea for air flow.

some people like the look of the rgb fan so they mount it on the side to get a better look at it. thow builds you see that fill all the space with fans are stupid and just do it for the looks and because they can. they mostly likely build pc take a pic and tare it apart.

they could be sponsered to so they want to show you can fill a case with corsair fans and it looks cool.

here is an example of a balls to the wall build doing push pull using both argb fans. thats 24 fans... at like $75 per 3 fans that's like $600 in fans alone then you need a controller to control them so 1 controller can do 6 fans (12 if you no what your doing) each controller back then cost like $60 x4 = $240

maxresdefault.jpg

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

Been installing w11 , man the start menu and taskbar sucks

but for air flow , it’s  best to have 1 direction of air flow  right ? Like bottom to top or front to back right ?
That gives best results or not ?

3 hours ago, WesleyNL said:

Been installing w11 , man the start menu and taskbar sucks

but for air flow , it’s  best to have 1 direction of air flow  right ? Like bottom to top or front to back right ?
That gives best results or not ?

ideal yes but in practice is hard to make it work smooth. if you go bottom to top the gpu get in the way for air for the cpu tower so an aio is needed. you could vertical mount the gpu but some tower coolers cant be turned up and down and only front to back so there that problem too.

so the best case for temps will have bottom mount fan for gpu cooling and front mount fans for the cpu tower and out the back. if you have an cpu aio then putting it in the front will make the cpu cooler and gpu hotter well putting it at the top will make the gpu cooler and cpu hotter.

13 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

ideal yes but in practice is hard to make it work smooth. if you go bottom to top the gpu get in the way for air for the cpu tower so an aio is needed. you could vertical mount the gpu but some tower coolers cant be turned up and down and only front to back so there that problem too.

so the best case for temps will have bottom mount fan for gpu cooling and front mount fans for the cpu tower and out the back. if you have an cpu aio then putting it in the front will make the cpu cooler and gpu hotter well putting it at the top will make the gpu cooler and cpu hotter.

You have a point there,

so 3 front and lets say back and top back (if have 3 top fans) is ideal ? 

also i should have slower outake fans and powerfull intake fans so it creates that pasive air ?

but how would one configure a lian li o11 air mini ? Front and bottom intake and back outake ?

i just want the best airflow possible but have no knowledge of all this, im not in to aio or custom loop, idk why , it is not that i am afraid of leaks , its just it don’t atrack me

also, what are your thoughts about this ,

my case can have both 140mm and 120mm fans, but 140mm are ovstruckted by the frames of 120mm,

so it kinda is pointless to get 140mm right? Also it probaly cause noice and humming to ,

im still not able to find out why i get that buzzing/humming sound.

3 hours ago, WesleyNL said:

lian li o11 air mini

Is the same as normal Lian LI, just as the GamersNexus video (side intake either 2x120/2x140), and 1x120mm back exhaust. If u have fans to play around, play around with 1 more intake on the bot for the GPU, but unless something drastic change (if the feet are way higher), having bottom fans for the GPU will have the opposite effect and be the worst configuration like it is for the big brother O11.

AS for the Meshify 2, at most 1x120/140mm back exhaust, and 1x120/140mm top exhaust closer to the back, thats it no more fans top.

For intake 2-3 120/140mm at the front. And play around with 1 intake bottom instead of full front (but probably not worth it).

Yes it's better to no have metal overstruck 140mm fans, but it should be ok, and shouldn't be the cause of the humming issue.

Pretty much as others already pointed out. Additionally in  general regardless of the case, for noise and most perfomance - Phanteks T30-120.

2 hours ago, Dogzilla07 said:

Is the same as normal Lian LI, just as the GamersNexus video (side intake either 2x120/2x140), and 1x120mm back exhaust. If u have fans to play around, play around with 1 more intake on the bot for the GPU, but unless something drastic change (if the feet are way higher), having bottom fans for the GPU will have the opposite effect and be the worst configuration like it is for the big brother O11.

AS for the Meshify 2, at most 1x120/140mm back exhaust, and 1x120/140mm top exhaust closer to the back, thats it no more fans top.

For intake 2-3 120/140mm at the front. And play around with 1 intake bottom instead of full front (but probably not worth it).

Yes it's better to no have metal overstruck 140mm fans, but it should be ok, and shouldn't be the cause of the humming issue.

Pretty much as others already pointed out. Additionally in  general regardless of the case, for noise and most perfomance - Phanteks T30-120.

The phanteks probably have the humming , they are 120mm, if phanteks fans are good then arctic p/f 12 are as good,

a case maker that makes fans can not be that good becuase their focus is cases not fans, atleast thats how i see it

i do think in getting the meshify 2 compact but it have less air power , p400a , not realy my thing because thumbscrew’s  on the side panel, it do looks good,

maby the lancool 2 mesh is best or beter option , although, its as big as meshify s2

Then what causes this anoying humming or buzzing from silent wings

6 hours ago, WesleyNL said:

You have a point there,

so 3 front and lets say back and top back (if have 3 top fans) is ideal ? 

also i should have slower outake fans and powerfull intake fans so it creates that pasive air ?

but how would one configure a lian li o11 air mini ? Front and bottom intake and back outake ?

i just want the best airflow possible but have no knowledge of all this, im not in to aio or custom loop, idk why , it is not that i am afraid of leaks , its just it don’t atrack me

also, what are your thoughts about this ,

my case can have both 140mm and 120mm fans, but 140mm are ovstruckted by the frames of 120mm,

so it kinda is pointless to get 140mm right? Also it probaly cause noice and humming to ,

im still not able to find out why i get that buzzing/humming sound.

the 011 mini

if you have a tower cooler then this is what i would do

2front(side) 2 bottom (front bottom left not used) 1 back

even if you have the same speed of fans in front and back as long as there's more air in then out you get positive air

140mm fans should be quieter and push more air but i think 3x 120mm will beat 2x 140mm in performance

its fine to not like aios just in some case it might be necessary

1 minute ago, WesleyNL said:

The phanteks probably have the humming , they are 120mm, if phanteks fans are good then arctic p/f 12 are as good,

a case maker that makes fans can not be that good becuase their focus is cases not fans, atleast thats how i see it

i do think in getting the meshify 2 compact but it have less air power , p400a , not realy my thing because thumbscrew’s  on the side panel, it do looks good,

maby the lancool 2 mesh is best or beter option , although, its as big as meshify s2

lancool 2 mesh is an good case

3 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

the 011 mini

if you have a tower cooler then this is what i would do

2front(side) 2 bottom (front bottom left not used) 1 back

even if you have the same speed of fans in front and back as long as there's more air in then out you get positive air

140mm fans should be quieter and push more air but i think 3x 120mm will beat 2x 140mm in performance

its fine to not like aios just in some case it might be necessary

I was asking about o11 mini air not the regular mini, also gn say side fans lose about 30% of flow/preasure duo the 90 degree turn it makes, if it had a rounded duct/ corner that would change alot, or maby the side fans in a angle

thing is , if the gpu is cool the cpu will also be cool ,

Just now, WesleyNL said:

I was asking about o11 mini air not the regular mini, also gn say side fans lose about 30% of flow/preasure duo the 90 degree turn it makes, if it had a rounded duct/ corner that would change alot, or maby the side fans in a angle

oh the same fan setup but instead of 2 fans side put them in the front.

I do think the o11 air mini and lan cool 2 mesh are way to open for getting it positive air,

the o11 air mini can have as best 2x 140mm front intake, the lancool 2 mesh can have 3x 120mm intake, witch sounds beter, i wonder how o11 mini air do, 

1 hour ago, WesleyNL said:

I do think the o11 air mini and lan cool 2 mesh are way to open for getting it positive air,

the o11 air mini can have as best 2x 140mm front intake, the lancool 2 mesh can have 3x 120mm intake, witch sounds beter, i wonder how o11 mini air do, 

ive said all i need to weather or not you agree that up to you. i pointed things out all ready gl on what ever your trying to do... a new case wont be much of an upgrade over what you got now imo

17 hours ago, WesleyNL said:

phanteks is originally fan/heatsink/cooler maker, their 120mm do not have the humming, not the one the Arctic P12 have, nor another. it is literally the LCP new generation material Phanteks T30-120 is made of that makes it possible to not have the resonance type humming issues.

SW3 that have the buzzing, are simple broken in some way, or obstructed near the impeller, there is no other option. And a broken fan does not mean a bad series of fans, nor does it mean all 120mm fans must have it, you're just unlucky, try them in different positions and outside the case, and if still they have the hum, RMA them.

And Phanteks T30-120 is the best performing (no.1), lowest noise(no.1), longest-lasting (1 of 3), and highest quality fan + motor (no.1) on the market.

And Phanteks T30-120 is especially what u want to combat the 90 degree angle, it's the best fan for that. But i digress the mini has normal front fans, but still if u want the lowest noise u need an LCP fan.

3 hours ago, Dogzilla07 said:

phanteks is originally fan/heatsink/cooler maker, their 120mm do not have the humming, not the one the Arctic P12 have, nor another. it is literally the LCP new generation material Phanteks T30-120 is made of that makes it possible to not have the resonance type humming issues.

SW3 that have the buzzing, are simple broken in some way, or obstructed near the impeller, there is no other option. And a broken fan does not mean a bad series of fans, nor does it mean all 120mm fans must have it, you're just unlucky, try them in different positions and outside the case, and if still they have the hum, RMA them.

And Phanteks T30-120 is the best performing (no.1), lowest noise(no.1), longest-lasting (1 of 3), and highest quality fan + motor (no.1) on the market.

And Phanteks T30-120 is especially what u want to combat the 90 degree angle, it's the best fan for that. But i digress the mini has normal front fans, but still if u want the lowest noise u need an LCP fan.

so what its that great , but what about noctua, they are premium right ?,

41 minutes ago, WesleyNL said:

so what its that great , but what about noctua, they are premium right ?,

There's only 2 Noctua fans that are actually good (noise-to-performance ratio), NF-A15 and NF-A12x25, every other Noctua fan is pretty mediocre, and there's many better options. And I'm reluctant to even put the NF-A15 because between the Phanteks PH-F140HP II and various Thermalright models, it's the worst of them all. But not as much as when comparing other Noctua, so, meh, I mention it.

NF-A12x25 is very close to the Phanteks T30-120, and i forgot to mention the new MSI Silent Gale P12 which looks to be very good as well, but low quality motor and not enough tests out for it yet. Anyway the Phanteks has a better and more silent motor than the Noctua, plus performs slightly better, and will last longer.

4 minutes ago, Dogzilla07 said:

There's only 2 Noctua fans that are actually good (noise-to-performance ratio), NF-A15 

i would hope a 15cm fan is good 😛