The Antec Earthwatts is back in stock - is it the good one or the low priority one?

Filingo

The psu tier list has 2 Earthwatts, one pre 2018 which is low-priority and one post 2018 which seem to be Tier A and silent

These are some images from the local store website:

(Edit: It was out of stock and now back in stock)

S6WXnGTbVT-1000x1000.jpg

NUpbzt2kcB-1000x1000.jpg

3 minutes ago, Filingo said:

The psu tier list has 2 Earthwatts, one pre 2018 which is low-priority and one post 2018 which seem to be Tier A and silent

These are some images from the local store website:

S6WXnGTbVT-1000x1000.jpg

NUpbzt2kcB-1000x1000.jpg

It's simply a downgraded Seasonic Focus rebranding. MSI MPG or Enermax Rev D.F. is much better.

8 minutes ago, IIIIIIIIII said:

It's simply a downgraded Seasonic Focus rebranding. MSI MPG or Enermax Rev D.F. is much better.

I just thought it would be better to buy the PSU in a local store because of warranty..

I think shipping a PSU back to US would cost me more than a PSU if anything happens

Unless some companies just ask for some photos instead of actually shipping them the PSU in case something happens?

(The MPG and Enermax are not available locally)

10 minutes ago, Filingo said:

I just thought it would be better to buy the PSU in a local store because of warranty..

I think shipping a PSU back to US would cost me more than a PSU if anything happens

Unless some companies just ask for some photos instead of actually shipping them the PSU in case something happens?

(The MPG and Enermax are not available locally)

Can you list other options available?

44 minutes ago, IIIIIIIIII said:

Can you list other options available?

Some of the options I found:

Corsair RM750x (170$)

Antec HCG Gold 750w (125$)

Corsair CV750 (105$)

Cooler Master MWE GOLD 750 (110$)

Cooler Master MWE GOLD 750 - V2 (115$)

Corsair TX650m (120$)

be quiet! PURE POWER 11 700W CM (120$)

Corsair CX750F RGB (white color) (130$)

**Converted local currency to USD

2 hours ago, IIIIIIIIII said:

Semi-modular.... huh... 

44 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Semi-modular.... huh... 

It looks VERY similar to my Focus GM-750 (semi-modular) on the back, might even be the exact same.

elephants

57 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Semi-modular.... huh... 

But you pretty much always need these two cables - the motherboard and CPU connectors, so it's not that bad, no?

12 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

It looks VERY similar to my Focus GM-750 (semi-modular) on the back, might even be the exact same.

It really looks exact, any idea why @IIIIIIIIII say it downgraded?

3 hours ago, Filingo said:

But you pretty much always need these two cables - the motherboard and CPU connectors, so it's not that bad, no?

It really looks exact, any idea why @IIIIIIIIII say it downgraded?

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/seasonic-ssr-750fx-focus-plus-750-gold-psu,5206-3.html

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/antec-earthwatts-gold-pro-750w-psu,5429-3.html

Based on this review, a few things look like that. And EAG in some countries have sleeve bearings :old-annoyed:

8 hours ago, IIIIIIIIII said:

I won't be surprised if in MY country it's sleeve bearing! Because usually everything here is almost twice in price, and suddenly this PSU is so cheap for Tier A? Yea right! Is there a way to check before I buy it?

Although the white color EAG seem to be the good one 

*Edit: Why isn't the MSI A-PG in "low priority" I haven't found any decent review about it. Only a Reddit post asking if it's a good PSU

On 9/25/2021 at 10:28 PM, Filingo said:

There's also an entry for white version specifically in tier A normal priority because it doesn't have pre-2018 revision.

It is just a Seasonic Focus GM with possibly sleeve bearing fan in some regions, yes. Sometimes it's also quite cheap that it worth the price but usually there are better options.

11 hours ago, Filingo said:

Why isn't the MSI A-PG in "low priority" I haven't found any decent review about it. Only a Reddit post asking if it's a good PSU

There are a few proper enough reviews on it, all listed in the spreadsheet for the tier list, also It's pretty much reference design CWT GPU (with different multi-rail config and again, possibly DBB fan in some regions instead of FDB globally) there are plenty of detailed reviews on. I'd consider it a bit better than Antec EA-G \ Seasonic Focus overall.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply