Razer Blackwidow vs Filco Majestouch 2 (both blue switch)

Tacitus

Title says all really. Which would you buy and why?

Both have blue switches.

Cheers :)

Chris

Filco. Razer is honestly cheap when it comes to keyboards.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

Filco. Razer is honestly cheap when it comes to keyboards.

By cheap I presume you mean poor build quality?

Any comments on Filco keyboards?

By cheap I presume you mean poor build quality?

Any comments on Filco keyboards?

Yea, that's what I mean. Filco, along with Ducky, make really good quality keyboards.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

Title says all really. Which would you buy and why?

Both have blue switches.

Cheers :)

Chris

The NEW BlackWidow doesn't use blue switches. They use, ugh, "Razer Switches".

Presumably, you want blue switches so.. going with that one, and having used both.. I personally prefer the BlackWidow.

Close call though, so the aesthetics win out on Razer products for me most the time..

But, I may be biased...

<--- Avatar

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Filco hands down. Razer keyboards look too tacky to me.. 

Rig specs: 3930k | 32GB RAM | GTX580 | Asus PB278 | Corsair K90 | Logitech G700 | HD558's 

The NEW BlackWidow doesn't use blue switches. They use, ugh, "Razer Switches".

Presumably, you want blue switches so.. going with that one, and having used both.. I personally prefer the BlackWidow.

Close call though, so the aesthetics win out on Razer products for me most the time..

But, I may be biased...

<--- Avatar

Haha, I noticed that straight away :P

Thanks for your input, but on another thread (hot deals thread) I've now seen two people describe the Blackwidow as the worst purchase they ever made. Probably an exaggeration, but it doesn't bode well.

As far as I know the one I'm looking at does have blue switches though; it's an older model.

You may know this since you're a bit of a fan, the one I'm looking at is second hand and has a vague description (Black Widow Cherry MX blue) and according to the seller doesn't have backlighting. The picture is also just a stock picture and not the actual keyboard. Do you know which model this may be? He says it's 6 months old and he specifically asked the manufacturer for blue switches?

Cheers

Haha, I noticed that straight away :P

Thanks for your input, but on another thread (hot deals thread) I've now seen two people describe the Blackwidow as the worst purchase they ever made. Probably an exaggeration, but it doesn't bode well.

As far as I know the one I'm looking at does have blue switches though; it's an older model.

You may know this since you're a bit of a fan, the one I'm looking at is second hand and has a vague description (Black Widow Cherry MX blue) and according to the seller doesn't have backlighting. The picture is also just a stock picture and not the actual keyboard. Do you know which model this may be? He says it's 6 months old and he specifically asked the manufacturer for blue switches?

Cheers

With all of that taken to account, it has to be the BlackWidow 2013. Yes, it has MX Blue switches... However, it is backlit.. I'm personally not aware of one without backlighting.

Btw, you can find "worst product ever" on every single product on Amazon, Newegg, and every other store. Not everyone will have a great experience.

For example, my first Razor product was DOA. I almost gave up after spending so much. (Over $300)

Gave them a chance, and no problems so far.

This keyboard in particular, its sturdy, and just as good as any other MX Blue switch Mechanical keyboard.. I don't see how its any worse, hell, for that matter, any better as far as performance than another Mechanical keyboard.. It's all about the "extra" features nowadays.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Neither, because blue switches are garbage.

Filco.

TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTH

Neither, because blue switches are garbage.

Filco.

I do a lot of typing and you'd be forgiven for thinking the ends of my fingers are little hammers.

The reality is that if you could say objectively blue switches are bad, then they would not sell considering the other switches available at comparable prices, and thus would cease to exist. However, you cannot, and subsequently blue switches will continue to sell.

I do appreciate your stated preference for Filco over Razer, however.