3080 ti - very poor undervolting performance.

Bluuz

Jumped from a 3080 to a evga ftw3 3080 ti (it was a free upgrade) today and attempts to undervolt/overclock have been disappointing.

voltage, clock, approx power draw when running port royal

0.8v, 1725, 240W

0.85, 1770, 255W

0.868, 1800, 270W

0.9v, 1830, 290W

1v, 1905, 360W

latest drivers, corsair axi 860W power supply.

Is there anything obvious I'm missing that could be causing these poor results or is it just bad RNG?

It's about luck of the draw... same as overclocking. Some cards will not undervolt at all and are at the edge of the stability, some will undervolt only little and few will undervolt a lot while keeping the same clocks.

Tried basic over clocking with power limit set to 112% (450W), people recommending an offset of 120 Mhz or so, to start. And here I am crashing with a clock offset of +90. (1995Mhz). Embarrassing that this can't even hit 2k.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to necro your thread, but I am finding similar numbers on my FTW3 3080ti. I'm running a 750w RM750x corsair PSU, but since my CPU is a 5600x I should not even be close to saturating that even at stock. I've always undervolted my cards because I use a FD define mini c and it's quite air starved. Had no issues undervolting my old 1080ti FE and 3060ti FE. I went with EVGA this time, but I cannot find a 100% stable undervolt. Right now, what's the most stable is either .85mv at 1800mhz or .806mv at 1715mhz. Those keep my temps fine, but every now and again I'll get a driver crash (mostly in game betas like Halo and vanguard)

Did you ever find a fix, or did we just lose the lottery?