WHY: CS:GO keep running i9-9900K under 100% load? HELP

_zZz_

short review:

1. I installed CS:GO.

2. after start: my cpu got loaded 100% and Temp 105. It started thermal throttle.

3. when i quit from game temp goes to normal

4. i deleted game but cpu still 100% load after restart.

5. i use restore point created before csgo installation.

Now my system is FINE again.

AND the reason all this manipulations is CS:GO.

the only issue: i cannot play CS:GO ANY MORE

image.thumb.png.c4e204dc772d63140074c67b8f53cd9b.png

18 minutes ago, _zZz_ said:

Yes, i set Temp 105 in BIOS, ok wil change to 100. But i never had 100% cpu load before csgo got installed.

i don't use MSI Afterburner at all, this is not related to gpu issue. My gpu is fine, only CPU.

i keep just a few programs from MSI. Command center, Update, Led control

I'd change the temperature limit simply to the default value. If that's 100 ok, but put it back to what it came with. Also remove the overclock as stuff is burning up.

Afterburer with RTSS gives a nice in-game overlay for monitoring resource usage. It does RAM, CPU, GPU, everything. Lighting control is probably fine to keep, but I'd try removing Command Center. Not sure what Update does.

1 minute ago, _zZz_ said:

short review:

1. I installed CS:GO.

2. after start: my cpu got loaded 100% and Temp 105. It started thermal throttle.

3. when i quit from game temp goes to normal

4. i deleted game but cpu still 100% load after restart.

5. i use restore point created before csgo installation.

Now my system is FINE again.

AND the reason all this manipulations is CS:GO.

Then you should try and figure out what the difference between your restore point is and the system after installing and uninstalling CS:GO. If the issue persists than apparently the way you install CS:GO seems to trigger something. I'm going to go out on a limb here, but this is a legitimate copy of the game we are talking about right?

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

9 minutes ago, tikker said:

I'd change the temperature limit simply to the default value. If that's 100 ok, but put it back to what it came with. Also remove the overclock as stuff is burning up.

Afterburer with RTSS gives a nice in-game overlay for monitoring resource usage. It does RAM, CPU, GPU, everything. Lighting control is probably fine to keep, but I'd try removing Command Center. Not sure what Update does.

Great plan TIKKER,  i will try it defenetly (to much actions just for csgo😏)

but for now i am ok and my rig too, cos all other games and programs runs with no problem.

image.thumb.png.a491071c12edd2f7959daf9ae0ec3712.png

i still curios: what is your people cpu usage during CS:GO game play?🤔

49 minutes ago, tikker said:

but you do have problems, that's why you came to ask here. Please be clearer in your responses, you are incredibly vague in your replies and you don't respond to half the things that are asked. If it's truly CS:GO, then uninstalling it should be enough. Furthermore, you have demonstrated yourself that it doesn't seem to be CS:GO, as in task manager you have shown us its usage was around 15-35%.

Furthermore you are reaching 105 C. That should NOT be happening and indicates you have either inadequate cooling  or are pushing your OC too far for your cooling solution. Intel's Ark page for the 9900k lists 100 C as the maximum allowed temperature on the die. You are operating at unhealthily high temperatures, so please be smart and 1) remove your overclock that you mentioned and 2) lower that temperature protection limit to default again.

Get MSI Afterburner or something and use the OSD to monitor in-game CPU usage. That should give some additional insight as usage may drop when you switch out of the game to look at task manager.

Lastly I agree with @IkeaGnome. Do a good virus scan and get rid of all the MSI Gaming related stuff.

Seems to be related to the MSI Gaming app and apparently uses quite some resources:

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?threads/what-is-triggermodemonitor-and-why-is-it-always-using-so-many-resources.309465/

https://www.reddit.com/r/MSI_Gaming/comments/eseel0/triggermodemonitor/

https://linustechtips.com/topic/876527-cpu-usage-100-on-idle-win10/

all 3 links older than 2-3 years. Obsolete.

23 minutes ago, _zZz_ said:

I don't play CS:GO, but it's also the last game I would be surprised of to be capable of using 100% of the CPU.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

37 minutes ago, _zZz_ said:

I also don't play CSGO, but I know it'll take every bit of CPU you throw at it. Apparently my 5800x gets around 450 FPS at 1440p low. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

So, i didn't play CS long time already and will not play any more, that's for sure 💯

*tried to release stress after loosing job

4 hours ago, _zZz_ said:

So, i didn't play CS long time already and will not play any more, that's for sure 💯

*tried to release stress after loosing job

I've got an idea folks: Try to install cs:go and probably you will be facing the same issue (advice: create restore point before installation, better two of them just in case😉)

CONCLUSION: CS:GO "affected" to my CPU load and ONLY System Restore Tool HELPS me to REVERSE CPU back to NORMAL WORKING stage.

I am sure: This is SERIOUS ISSUE of CS optimization, because all other GAMES and PROGRAMS works just fine and DO NOT damage my OS as 💩 CS did.

Thank you guys for help and your opinions.😎

8 hours ago, _zZz_ said:

I've got an idea folks: Try to install cs:go and probably you will be facing the same issue (advice: create restore point before installation, better two of them just in case😉)

When I get home in a couple of day, I can download it. I'd bet $500 I don't have the same issue though.

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just remove msi command center and all other bloatware. Then remove the unstable overclock that makes you reach shutdown temperature point.

12 hours ago, _zZz_ said:

CONCLUSION: CS:GO "affected" to my CPU load and ONLY System Restore Tool HELPS me to REVERSE CPU back to NORMAL WORKING stage.

I am sure: This is SERIOUS ISSUE of CS optimization, because all other GAMES and PROGRAMS works just fine and DO NOT damage my OS as 💩 CS did.

Yes, I'm sure it's all the fault of one of the most popular games in the world and you're just the first to notice. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Here you go, a sample that pretty clearly shows how little the game taxes my CPU. Hardware is a 5900X and a 3080. And here's a screenshot of Task Manager while the game is running, showing how little my overall system is getting taxed.

image.png.f8d62c2c2078b451358ec8627a0726c9.png

You know, it's kinda disheartening to see how you consistently refuse to simply revert your PC to stock speeds and remove the bloatware you have installed. It's usually quite frustrating when people ask for advice and continuously refuse to actually heed said advice and then come to a conclusion that absolves them of any responsibility for the problem. It can't be you or the way you configured your system, no, it must be the game. Mind you, I'm not discrediting the notion that the game could be at fault here. But given that you refuse to actually implement the solutions people are providing doesn't fill me with confidence in your conclusion.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

48 minutes ago, Avocado Diaboli said:

Here you go, a sample that pretty clearly shows how little the game taxes my CPU. Hardware is a 5900X and a 3080. And here's a screenshot of Task Manager while the game is running, showing how little my overall system is getting taxed.

You know, it's kinda disheartening to see how you consistently refuse to simply revert your PC to stock speeds and remove the bloatware you have installed. It's usually quite frustrating when people ask for advice and continuously refuse to actually heed said advice and then come to a conclusion that absolves them of any responsibility for the problem. It can't be you or the way you configured your system, no, it must be the game. Mind you, I'm not discrediting the notion that the game could be at fault here. But given that you refuse to actually implement the solutions people are providing doesn't fill me with confidence in your conclusion.

I am here to find answer. Yes, you right Avocado, i agree with you.

Try to play few days and probably you will have the same issue. I had the same load when i just start play on this particular system.

I will try install cs:go again after OS upgrade, end of Oct.

Tikker: all my software and games are 100% legite.

Lol to everyone saying csgo uses 100 percent of a 5ghz 9900k

this game runs on a fucking potato at 200 FPS and is primarily single thread bound, it uses a few other cores but doesn’t use 16 threads to 100 percent lol 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

9 minutes ago, Ebony Falcon said:

Lol to everyone saying csgo uses 100 percent of a 5ghz 9900k

this game runs on a fucking potato at 200 FPS and is primarily single thread bound, it uses a few other cores but doesn’t use 16 threads to 100 percent lol 

Last 2 and a half pages have been people telling OP that they need to cut back on bloatware. 

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

Last 2 and a half pages have been people telling OP that they need to cut back on bloatware. 

i don't have any bloatware, i do deep check my system twice per month. ESET Internet Security by the way👍

6 hours ago, Avocado Diaboli said:

Hey Avocado, i just spend 1 hour watching your reviews on YouTube. Great quality 👊