Low FPS in ESO since H100i installation

So, since beta I have been running Elder Scrolls Online at Ultra settings, never seeing much below 30 fps, and usually around 60 on average. This is with an AMD FX-8350 CPU and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 SC GPU. My system should have no problem with these settings, except maybe in ultra-high populated areas, but today I installed a brand new Corsair H100i and my frames dropped to around 20 on average, and 15 when people were around. Medium settings still didn't have me back to my previous rates (only up to 40ish). I've checked over and over on connections and can't find anything wrong. Now at ultra the GPU is idling around 40 degrees Celsius and the CPU is around 10, which is bothering me because I feel like it's not trying and thats why my FPS dropped, but maybe I'm just not used to this water-cooled thing yet. And no, I haven't OC'ed anything yet, still at 4.0 ghz.

try re mounting it 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Have you considered the fact that the H100i cools the CPU directly so it elaborates the work to a lesser extent? I have no reason to believe that a CPU Cooler would effect the frame rate. Have you recently changed monitors? What about your internet connection? Is it running the same speeds or usage before and after the initial implementation of the cooler? Keep me posted.

I wouldn't believe a cooler would affect frame rate either, but when it comes to my baby I'll take any approach to fix it. same exact setup as before. I've got a 24 inch 1080p display 240hz refresh rate, connection is still running at or around 18 Mbps (highest my area has). nothing has changed except the cooler and an update to the game earlier today, and I'm still trying to see if that may be it, but I doubt that too. I literally have no idea...

and an update to the game earlier today, 

Hmmm

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Hmmm

oh yes, I am very interested in this too, I just can't see any reason performance would go down so drastically. I logged on, saw low frames immediately, and began checking things. didn't even have to move my character.

I wouldn't believe a cooler would affect frame rate either, but when it comes to my baby I'll take any approach to fix it. same exact setup as before. I've got a 24 inch 1080p display 240hz refresh rate, connection is still running at or around 18 Mbps (highest my area has). nothing has changed except the cooler and an update to the game earlier today, and I'm still trying to see if that may be it, but I doubt that too. I literally have no idea...

Have you looked at your CPU temps? A cooler that is improperly mounted can cause the cpu to soar in temps, maybe your processor is throttling itself due to heat? Either that or the game update broke something?

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Have you looked at your CPU temps? A cooler that is improperly mounted can cause the cpu to soar in temps, maybe your processor is throttling itself due to heat? Either that or the game update broke something?

I've monitored temps, and it just sits on or around 10-15 degrees, got up to 20 once.

I've monitored temps, and it just sits on or around 10-15 degrees, got up to 20 once.

Maybe the game update broke something? Ummm check your CPU and GPU usage, not just temps. Let us know what you see

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

It wouldn't be the cooler... So It's probably that update breaking things.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

2 factors that changed since the last time ESO worked.

1. You got the h100i installed

2. You installed a new update for the game

Water cooler would most likely not effect the frame rate of the game so the most obvious next step would be the last update of the game affecting you.

I would suggest reinstalling the game first, I know it's a big file but that would be my first step and then check with tech support with the game and post on their forums to see if anyone else with a similar set up has had issues after the most recent update.

10-15 C i have a H100i on a 8350 and mine are normal about 50 c what are you getting your temps from because mine says on Core temp is about 10-15 but in HW monitor is says around 50c which is right so try that 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER