China to limit minors to 3 hours of video games per week

Message added by Skiiwee29,

Friendly reminder, Keep this on the GAMING side and ZERO politics!!

1 hour ago, MultiGamerClub said:

Damn, im gonna miss some of the chinese rust players ive met over the years.

No more squeakers.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

3 hours ago, williamcll said:

No more squeakers.

Squeakers? Most of them comes from the usa or asia regions on the servers ive played on.. chinese actually set up bots on our servers to help with farming, damn genious haha xD

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

So this on about todays WAN show
I feel like the new kid China law is going to backfire horribly. Because kids are going to look online how to bypass it, then they are going to get a VPN, then the China government won’t get any information anymore because they will just leave it on. Which will cause them to pull back on the law so they can start spying again. What do you think is going to happen in the end?

in china, you need to provide your national ID to play games, not something VPN can help you with

though u may be able to just play servers that are not in china, thus not requiring an ID, but pretty sure china have eyes on who is using VPN as well

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

China has the Great Firewall which filters a lot of content on the internet, so looking for a VPN or ways around the ban may not be as easy as you think. See also:

https://www.comparitech.com/blog/vpn-privacy/whats-the-best-vpn-for-china-5-that-still-work-in-2016/

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

14 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

in china, you need to provide your national ID to play games, not something VPN can help you with

though u may be able to just play servers that are not in china, thus not requiring an ID, but pretty sure china have eyes on who is using VPN as well

Fair point, but what if the word got out in  China that a vpn can bypass it but and let’s say 10% of the population, installed a vpn after this. That’s still around 130 million people that you would need to tell them to stop. Even in the US piracy is still a major problem, but so many people do it and it’s impossible to control, what’s stopping people in China doing the same thing with VPN’s?

9 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

China has the Great Firewall which filters a lot of content on the internet, so looking for a VPN or ways around the ban may not be as easy as you think. See also:

https://www.comparitech.com/blog/vpn-privacy/whats-the-best-vpn-for-china-5-that-still-work-in-2016/

Yeah I saw something like that as well. And when people in China google how to bypass the firewall it’s going to obviously flag it, but what’s stopping a person going to a public place and googling it there, getting the VPN, then putting the installer on a flash drive, then plugging it in a personal pc, then installing it? I would feel like enforcing that law would be way too much for any government to handle.

How anyone can support a government limiting a leisure activity is beyond me, yes they're minors, however 1. it should be the parents place to limited their child and *parent* them. 2. this is the same slippery slope the CCP will use to limit general access to LITERALLY anything. 

Data Systems Administrator | Sergeant - US Marine Corps | CCNA / SEC+

Ryzen 9 5950x | 64 GB DDR4 3600Mhz | Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti | Full Build Info | HomeLab Setup

5 minutes ago, TheawesomeMCB said:

what’s stopping people in China doing the same thing with VPN’s?

if they know there's 10% of people doing it, there won't be that 10%, i'll put it that way

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

5 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

if they know there's 10% of people doing it, there won't be that 10%, i'll put it that way

I don’t know what that means but okay?

The WAN Show may have unwittingly illustrated and answered their own bafflement at this news.

If western children aspire to twitch gaming and influencing, and Chinese children aspire to engineering and medicine then maybe the Chinese government is investing in these kids and their goals.

Maybe 20 years from now the Chinese government doesn't want grown men in their 30s saying, "I, like, don't know what's going on there...I can't, like, really comment because I don't understand them..that society...I don't have any facts and I don't understand but maybe I get it...? Or maybe that's not the way...but I sort of get it...?...I can sort of see where they're coming from, but, like, it's a hard question... and I'm, like, not able to have a real opinion..."

Maybe the Chinese government is also investing, through promotion, production and price,  western children's aspirations. Oh what a world; Edward Bernay's wet dream.

7 hours ago, Rex Hite said:

The WAN Show may have unwittingly illustrated and answered their own bafflement at this news.

If western children aspire to twitch gaming and influencing, and Chinese children aspire to engineering and medicine then maybe the Chinese government is investing in these kids and their goals.

Maybe 20 years from now the Chinese government doesn't want grown men in their 30s saying, "I, like, don't know what's going on there...I can't, like, really comment because I don't understand them..that society...I don't have any facts and I don't understand but maybe I get it...? Or maybe that's not the way...but I sort of get it...?...I can sort of see where they're coming from, but, like, it's a hard question... and I'm, like, not able to have a real opinion..."

Maybe the Chinese government is also investing, through promotion, production and price,  western children's aspirations. Oh what a world; Edward Bernay's wet dream.

I agree with your first point but not the second. Being an Engineer or a Doctor doesn't make you any more educated or even more capable to understand another country's cultures and their cultural differences. If you don't know much about another country and you've never been there then you simply don't know and getting a Masters in say Civil Engineering isn't going to change that. However as a government you might value a Civil Engineer more than a Twitch Streamer even if tax wise they are worth the same (assuming they make the same money for sake of the point).

1 hour ago, leadeater said:

However as a government you might value a Civil Engineer more than a Twitch Streamer even if tax wise they are worth the same (assuming they make the same money for sake of the point).

Oh hell no! Not even close. While I have nothing against super stars (sports, music, acting, streaming, etc), a nation is built and maintained by engineers. STEM fields are by far and away exceedingly more valuable than raw entertainment production.

46 minutes ago, StDragon said:

Oh hell no! Not even close. While I have nothing against super stars (sports, music, acting, streaming, etc), a nation is built and maintained by engineers. STEM fields are by far and away exceedingly more valuable than raw entertainment production.

Isn't that exactly what I said?? 😕

1 hour ago, StDragon said:

Imagine the nightmare of having 8 billion engineers on the planet that all think they have the best solution 😛

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

On 8/30/2021 at 6:37 PM, Moonzy said:

If you ask me, this is about producing a more productive next generation of work force

Nope. It's about producing worker drones with no creativity or ability to think for themselves.

Like every joke about 1984 is something that has happened, somewhere.

We produce stories about crappy dsytopia's that suck to live in, because they are based on ACTUAL things happening somewhere.

Now, getting into the actual reasons. Seems pretty obvious.

- Games with microtransactions of any sort, are robbing people of their time and their money. These aren't games anymore, they're glorified gambling.

- Many of the "farming bots" also come out of China, for the exact same reason, trading time for money.

So paying some kid in another country to power-level your character in some game, is no longer a possibility, now you have to pay an adult. 

Like I'm pretty sure, the time designated is based on a kill-switch being implemented somewhere. So if the games aren't scaled back, then the games will be switched off except during those times, and sucks to be you if you're playing a pokemon-like game as an adult.

On 9/4/2021 at 1:53 PM, VectorTech said:

How anyone can support a government limiting a leisure activity is beyond me, yes they're minors, however 1. it should be the parents place to limited their child and *parent* them. 2. this is the same slippery slope the CCP will use to limit general access to LITERALLY anything. 

When the parents fail to use la chancla, the state steps in.

On the other hand single player chinese games like changed is going to have a good time.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition