How to give RGB fans individual colors?

Rodark

Hi there, not sure if this is the correct topic to post, but since it said RGB on the description i though id ask

What makes RGB fans getting a different color? Are there specific fans that can do that, is it depended on the motherboard, the software or the connection?

Im using Deepcool RF 120M fans

4 connected in one mobo port and 3 on another one.

i can change the individual color of those two ports, but not on each fan (ex i can have the 4 being red and the 3 being blue)

So im curious if its the fans that are low budget, which they were, and thats why i cant change them, if its premium fans that only do that or if i messed up the installation.

Newbie here, first build, any help is appreciated :D

25 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Are your fans just RGB or ARGB? ARGB (Addressable RGB) fans can be assigned individual colors as long as they're recognized by the board separately, RGB fans cannot AFAIK.

they need a 12V RGB Header so i guess plain RGB?

so basically all the connections/software are ok, i just need ARGB fans?

59 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

AFAIK, yes.

thanks for the info, ill look into ARGB when its time for an upgrade

The A in "A"RGB is addressable. Meaning, you can address each fan, or more specifically, each LED on each fan individually. With standard 12v RGB, its all or nothing on each port.

3 hours ago, rickeo said:

The A in "A"RGB is addressable. Meaning, you can address each fan, or more specifically, each LED on each fan individually. With standard 12v RGB, its all or nothing on each port.

each led per fan will depends on controller. and software.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

On 8/28/2021 at 1:41 PM, Rodark said:

Hi there, not sure if this is the correct topic to post, but since it said RGB on the description i though id ask

What makes RGB fans getting a different color? Are there specific fans that can do that, is it depended on the motherboard, the software or the connection?

Im using Deepcool RF 120M fans

4 connected in one mobo port and 3 on another one.

i can change the individual color of those two ports, but not on each fan (ex i can have the 4 being red and the 3 being blue)

So im curious if its the fans that are low budget, which they were, and thats why i cant change them, if its premium fans that only do that or if i messed up the installation.

Newbie here, first build, any help is appreciated 😄

Just a note; if you are plugging the standard RGB fans into the same header, every fan on that header will have the same color and pattern. In the case of ARGB fans, you would be able change colors on one fan, and every other fan on the same header will display the same color pattern. This is more of a duplicator situation than an individual fan situation.

Yeah multiple ARGB fans connected to one header will still mimic each others static colours.

The only way i've been able to tweak this is by using SignalRGB... 

It's able to change an individual LED within an ARGB fan + control LEDs in multiple devices (my mobo, mouse, keyboard & mousepad were all supported).

It's very in-depth...too in-depth for me when I tried it weeks ago, so I uninstalled it. They've updated it since, so might be worth a re-install.

But since I only use static colours & keep a constant theme, I don't really have a need for it.

34 minutes ago, Ralfi said:

Yeah multiple ARGB fans connected to one header will still mimic each others static colours.

The only way i've been able to tweak this is by using SignalRGB... 

It's able to change an individual LED within an ARGB fan + control LEDs in multiple devices (my mobo, mouse, keyboard & mousepad were all supported).

It's very in-depth...too in-depth for me when I tried it weeks ago, so I uninstalled it. They've updated it since, so might be worth a re-install.

But since I only use static colours & keep a constant theme, I don't really have a need for it.

added it to mu list of free software

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links