CPU Air Cooler Recommendation for Gigabyte B550M Aorus Pro + Team T-Force Dark Z Alpha + Ryzen 5 5600X

Ecridium

Hi Guys,

I'm planning to build a PC with the following component:

• Gigabyte B550M Aorus Pro
  • Team T-Force Dark Z Alpha
  • Ryzen 5 5600X

I'm planning to change the Wraith CPU air cooler that comes with the 5600X.

The RAM's height is 43.5mm.  I'm wondering what air cooler should I buy?  Will these air cooler work?

• CM Hyper 212 LED -> I think this one won't work
  • Noctua NH-L9a-AM4
  • Noctua NH-L12
  • Noctua NH-D15
  • Any Deepcool recommendation?
  • Any BeQuiet recommendation?

I'm open to suggestion.  Thanks.

Anyhting against Scythe?
They make really good coolers.
IMHO better then Noctua's, but then leave performance behind by using very low RPM fans.

But they are half the price.

I myself have this one (Keeps Ryzen 1700X@4Ghz at about 50c-70c) But i cant hear it.
https://www.scythe-eu.com/en/products/cpu-cooler/ninja-5.html

I've heard good thing about this one.

https://www.scythe-eu.com/en/products/cpu-cooler/fuma-2.html

ps. im not affiliated, but also never been let down by their coolers. As long as you keep in mind their lack of RPM in the fans.

Also i dont really like paying over 60 bucks for a CPU cooler. 😄

edit found a nice in depth altho very positive review about the FUMA2. (i was searching for performance numbers of those coolers using Noctua fans. 😄 )

https://hardwarecanucks.com/cooling-power/scythe-fuma-2-review/

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Hi HanZie82, Thank you for your reply.

I got nothing against Scythe, but since the RAM is kind of tall (43.5mm), I'm really wondering which cooler will fit the setup.  I saw that both Scythe ram clearance is quite high.  The FUMA2 is quite intriguing.  Thank you for your input man.  😄

Hi. I have a similar motherboard & the same CPU, but have Crucial Ballistix RAM which is shorter (39.2mm).

I have a DeepCool Gammaxx 400 v2 cooler on & it worked nicely for a cheaper option. Gets a little loud at mid-high RPMs, but does a decent job at cooling the 5600x (30-35° idle, ~70° load).

I’ve since changed the fan over for one which matches my front case fans (Arctic Bionix P120 ARGB), which has improved cooling performance & noise at lower RPM, plus it has a wider RPM range.

(Have a look at my gallery in the sig below to get an idea of how it fits with my RAM)

btw, coolers usually have supported RAM heights or schematic measurements on their webpage to help out. Here’s mine…

https://www.deepcool.com/product/cpucooler/2019-11/7_12723.shtml

29 minutes ago, Ecridium said:

Hi Guys,

I'm planning to build a PC with the following component:

• Gigabyte B550M Aorus Pro
  • Team T-Force Dark Z Alpha
  • Ryzen 5 5600X

I'm planning to change the Wraith CPU air cooler that comes with the 5600X.

The RAM's height is 43.5mm.  I'm wondering what air cooler should I buy?  Will these air cooler work?

• CM Hyper 212 LED -> I think this one won't work
  • Noctua NH-L9a-AM4
  • Noctua NH-L12
  • Noctua NH-D15
  • Any Deepcool recommendation?
  • Any BeQuiet recommendation?

I'm open to suggestion.  Thanks.

Dual tower coolers might have some clearance issues with tall ram. So you'll need to be able to mount the fronts fans to the back or at an offset which something like the arctic freezer 50 will not be able to do. 

For dual towers I'll recommend the nhd15, scythe fuma 2, thermalright fc140/fs140, thermalright pa120, id-cooling se 207 xt, deepcool assassin 3

For single towers I'll recommend the nh u14s, nh u12a, scythe mugen 5, thermalright ta 120ex/140 ex, deepcool as500, id cooling se 225 xt, arctic cooling freezer 34 duo, bq dark rock 4

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

What case are you using?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.