Computer randomly shut off, now wont turn back on?

babadoctor
Go to solution Solved by c00face,
3 minutes ago, babadoctor said:

Are there any other tests i can do to confirm whether or not it is a dead motherboard, or power supply?

If not, I will just take it to the shop.

You can try this https://visihow.com/Determine_if_Your_Motherboard_Is_Dead im not sure how effective it is to actually testing if the mobo is dead or not. I usually just take it to a shop for free and have them run a meter test.

Hello

My PC randomly shut off while I was using it, and when I tried to turn it back on the CPU fan wouldn't turn on. The RGB ram I have is powered on, and the peripherals also get power. But for some reason, when I press the power the CPU fan and other fans move an inch and stop. And it does not boot.

No beeps either.....

Any ideas?

CPU: Ryzen 2700x

Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4

Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

what is your power supply?

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

1 minute ago, adarw said:

what is your power supply?

Sorry, forgot to mention. It is a coolermaster MWE gold 750.

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Sorry, forgot to mention. It is a coolermaster MWE gold 750.

did you try the paper clip test? it might be fried. 

-----------------

#

Just now, adarw said:

did you try the paper clip test? it might be fried. 

I don't know if it's fried, because the RGB ram and the webcam are powered on..

How do I do the paper clip test, and what would I look for to see if the psu is fried or not?

1 minute ago, babadoctor said:

I don't know if it's fried, because the RGB ram and the webcam are powered on..

How do I do the paper clip test, and what would I look for to see if the psu is fried or not?

hmm seems weird. if your psu only has fans when in load it wont work but bacily you have to bend a paper clip to go inside the green cable and the other side to go into the black cable of the motherboads psu cable. 

-----------------

#

17 minutes ago, babadoctor said:

Hello

My PC randomly shut off while I was using it, and when I tried to turn it back on the CPU fan wouldn't turn on. The RGB ram I have is powered on, and the peripherals also get power. But for some reason, when I press the power the CPU fan and other fans move an inch and stop. And it does not boot.

No beeps either.....

Any ideas?

CPU: Ryzen 2700x

Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4

Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070

Take your motherboard to a pc shop to have them test if it's dead or not. Sounds like a dud mobo sadly. But hard to tell unless you get it tested. Most pc shop does free motherboard testing to check if it's working or not if you live in the States.

Just now, c00face said:

Take your motherboard to a pc shop to have them test if it's dead or not. Sounds like a dud mobo sadly. But hard to tell unless you get it tested.

also possible.....

-----------------

#

1 minute ago, c00face said:

Take your motherboard to a pc shop to have them test if it's dead or not. Sounds like a dud mobo sadly. But hard to tell unless you get it tested. Most pc shop does free motherboard testing to check if it's working or not if you live in the States.

Are there any other tests i can do to confirm whether or not it is a dead motherboard, or power supply?

You can try this https://visihow.com/Determine_if_Your_Motherboard_Is_Dead im not sure how effective it is to actually testing if the mobo is dead or not. I usually just take it to a shop for free and have them run a meter test.

Sounds like a short.

Start the process of elimination. Start unplugging (data and power) individual components, one by one. I'd start with any sata connected drives. (Have had/ seen a lot of them fail and short out) 

12 minutes ago, babadoctor said:

Also could be that your system is running too hot and fail safe triggered. Wait half an hour and try again. Check all cables is properly latched and secure and properly seated. Check to make sure you plug in the correct cables into the correct location. Improperly connections can kill mobo and hardwares at the same time. I had this happened to me where my mobo was working fine for 8 months to a year then finally the gpu and mobo died same time. It was only then I realized I had improperly connected my GPU PCI cables.