Is Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut still the best?

Hi,

I am looking for the best thermal compound that I can find for my new build with the only exception being that it is non conductive. Can anybody recommend one? I remember Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut being the best but I'm not sure if that is still the case xD

Thanks for the help,

Stay safe,

Lex.

All of the top pastes will be within 1-2c of each other. So anything thats reputable like Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Thermalright TF8, Arcitc MX-4 & MX-5, Noctua NH-T1 etc... 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

On 8/15/2021 at 11:05 AM, CriSis_ said:

Hi,

I am looking for the best thermal compound that I can find for my new build with the only exception being that it is non conductive. Can anybody recommend one? I remember Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut being the best but I'm not sure if that is still the case xD

Thanks for the help,

Stay safe,

Lex.

Desktop CPU's: Yes

Laptop CPU's: hell no (even avoid Arctic MX-5 on there.  Try FuzeIce Plus or Thermalright TFX, check the thread on notebookreview forums for more on that).

Videocards: Questionable.  Good contact and flat die: Fine.  Convex die and non flat surface: Stick to TFX / FuzeIce Plus, maybe even SYY-157).

1 hour ago, Falkentyne said:

Desktop CPU's: Yes

Laptop CPU's: hell no (even avoid Arctic MX-5 on there.  Try FuzeIce Plus or Thermalright TFX, check the thread on notebookreview forums for more on that).

Videocards: Questionable.  Good contact and flat die: Fine.  Convex die and non flat surface: Stick to TFX / FuzeIce Plus, maybe even SYY-157).

Can you explain the hell No? 

I just ordered a laptop and some kry

I think TFX is just a little thicker than SYY.  Both are excellent.. but I think I like TFX a little better.. tbh its a tough call. I will have to order another tube 😄 

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

43 minutes ago, NorKris said:

Can you explain the hell No? 

I just ordered a laptop and some kry

Regular Kryonaut is known to degrade on temps past 80C and "high performance" laptops are known for running at the edge of thermal throttling due to various design issues and cost cutting on cooling (long story).  Kryonaut seems to be fine long term on flat mounted even surfaces with good mounting pressure.

Kryonaut is also quite unreliable on imbalanced heatsinks with imperfect or convex surfaces, which is a common issue with laptops (and Arctic MX-4 tends to be even worse than Kryonaut on these!)

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/which-thermal-paste-to-buy-and-apply-traditional-and-liquid-metal.806840/

On 8/15/2021 at 9:05 PM, CriSis_ said:

Hi,

Thanks for the help,

Stay safe,

Lex.

Kryonaut Extreme by Thermal grizzly gives excellent results. it is highly thermal conductive, non-electrical conductive, and while the industry was boasting 8.5-ish W/MK pastes as last gen thermal pastes, like the big achievement, Thermal Grizzly released a 12.1 W/MK and when the industry started boasting 9.2-ish W/MK thermal pastes as the big achievement of current gen, Thermal grizzly, released their Kryonaut extreme model, which is 14.2 W/MK. Compared to Arctic MX-5's 8.4 W/MK Thermal grizzly is on a new level, I saw difference 7 - 8 degrees lower temps, where:
PSU is the same 
motherboard is the same
motherboard BIOS is the same
CPU fan rpm settings are the same
case fan rpm settings are the same
my CPU's are the same,
CPU Heatsinks are the same
CPU cooler fans are the same
Case fans are the same,
case is the same
basically make the compare fair compare the thermal past only different thing, where everything else is the same. 

Hardware Config:
Lenovo Thinkstation D20
Dual Xeon X5690 130 watts TDP CPU (correct 2 processors)
1100 watts server/workstation grade PSU
X58 (IOH5520/ICH10) Chipset

CPU cooler: 
2 nh-u12dx-i4, 1 per processor
https://noctua.at/en/nh-u12dx-i4
using 1 fan is push configuration

CPU cooler fan - nf-f12-pwm

https://noctua.at/en/products/fan/nf-f12-pwm

Case fans:
1 intake fan - nf-f12-pwm

1 exhaust fan - nf-f12-pwm

OS in use:
Windows 10 Pro for Workstations ver. 21H1 64 bit
https://www.microsoft.com/bg-bg/microsoft-365/blog/2017/12/15/windows-10-pro-workstations-power-advanced-workloads/

Temps with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme
Max temp for both CPU's CPU1: 62 - 65-ish Degrees C on the package per CPU

after 120 minutes test on Prime 95

23 hours ago, Krisalex said:

Kryonaut Extreme by Thermal grizzly gives excellent results. it is highly thermal conductive, non-electrical conductive, and while the industry was boasting 8.5-ish W/MK pastes as last gen thermal pastes, like the big achievement, Thermal Grizzly released a 12.1 W/MK and when the industry started boasting 9.2-ish W/MK thermal pastes as the big achievement of current gen, Thermal grizzly, released their Kryonaut extreme model, which is 14.2 W/MK. Compared to Arctic MX-5's 8.4 W/MK Thermal grizzly is on a new level, I saw difference 7 - 8 degrees lower temps, where:
PSU is the same 
motherboard is the same
motherboard BIOS is the same
CPU fan rpm settings are the same
case fan rpm settings are the same
my CPU's are the same,
CPU Heatsinks are the same
CPU cooler fans are the same
Case fans are the same,
case is the same
basically make the compare fair compare the thermal past only different thing, where everything else is the same. 

Hardware Config:
Lenovo Thinkstation D20
Dual Xeon X5690 130 watts TDP CPU (correct 2 processors)
1100 watts server/workstation grade PSU
X58 (IOH5520/ICH10) Chipset

CPU cooler: 
2 nh-u12dx-i4, 1 per processor
https://noctua.at/en/nh-u12dx-i4
using 1 fan is push configuration

CPU cooler fan - nf-f12-pwm

Case fans:
1 intake fan - nf-f12-pwm

1 exhaust fan - nf-f12-pwm

OS in use:
Windows 10 Pro for Workstations ver. 21H1 64 bit
https://www.microsoft.com/bg-bg/microsoft-365/blog/2017/12/15/windows-10-pro-workstations-power-advanced-workloads/

Temps with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme
Max temp for both CPU's CPU1: 62 - 65-ish Degrees C on the package per CPU

after 120 minutes test on Prime 95

You're forgetting that Kryonaut Extreme is currently highway robbery, which is why I've avoided listing it (and I bought the 33g jar right when it came out, also).

The cheapest you can get it is 2 grams for a whopping $25, making it the clear leader in being kicked in the butts and then in the nuts right after that.

The only time the price becomes reasonable per gram is if you buy the 33 gram jar for $105.  (I mean, someone really needs to look at the price curve.  $25 for 2 grams is $100 for 8 grams if you bought 4, or you buy 33 for $105..., yeah...)

28 minutes ago, Falkentyne said:

You're forgetting that Kryonaut Extreme is currently highway robbery, which is why I've avoided listing it (and I bought the 33g jar right when it came out, also).

The cheapest you can get it is 2 grams for a whopping $25, making it the clear leader in being kicked in the butts and then in the nuts right after that.

The only time the price becomes reasonable per gram is if you buy the 33 gram jar for $105.  (I mean, someone really needs to look at the price curve.  $25 for 2 grams is $100 for 8 grams if you bought 4, or you buy 33 for $105..., yeah...)

hmm i remember buying stuff from ncix and some times they had this deal were you buy 1 tube of artic thermal paste for $10 and the whole order shipped for free...good times. my dad was the king of deals on ncix thow...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Where can you even buy kryonaut extreme from a reliable vendor online?

Amazon is all weird third partys will people claiming they got sent fake stuff.

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

7 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

hmm i remember buying stuff from ncix and some times they had this deal were you buy 1 tube of artic thermal paste for $10 and the whole order shipped for free...good times. my dad was the king of deals on ncix thow...

sooo thats why their out of business xD

You guys should try this stuff out

SYY-157

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

2 hours ago, NorKris said:

sooo thats why their out of business xD

haha could be...i probably put them out of business by price matching everything and buying things when they were sold out....there were ways of doing it...😄

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links