Server came in the mail today. Is it safe to turn on?

I attached some pictures of my server that came in the mail today. Do you guys think I can salvage it? Is it safe to use those power supplies? Would I be able to rack the server with that bent plastic thingy on the front?

20210806_172939.jpg

20210806_172932.jpg

20210806_172919.jpg

20210806_172913.jpg

4 minutes ago, Withenex said:

I attached some pictures of my server that came in the mail today. Do you guys think I can salvage it? Is it safe to use those power supplies? Would I be able to rack the server with that bent plastic thingy on the front?

20210806_172939.jpg

20210806_172932.jpg

20210806_172919.jpg

20210806_172913.jpg

Wow, that was shipped horrible…. Refund?

It may work, I suppose it’s worth trying. But, like, personally I’d get my money back because while the front plastic part doesn’t matter for racking it, it’s likely not really square anymore, and if not the side rails will not go on nicely and it won’t slide.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

I would try to bend everything back to normal, and check if nothing is loose inside the psu. The front plastic peace looks like it is held on by screws, I would remove it, check how bad the damage is, and try to screw it back on.

Don't touch it, don't mess with it at all. Take pics of everything, including the box, and get a refund. This is unacceptable and unless it was sold in this condition, you shouldn't be expected to use it like this, regardless of if it works or not.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

22 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Don't touch it, don't mess with it at all. Take pics of everything, including the box, and get a refund. This is unacceptable and unless it was sold in this condition, you shouldn't be expected to use it like this, regardless of if it works or not.

This all day OP, don't accept this. send it back, request a refund or a replacement. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

The seller also gave me pictures before shipping the server https://imgur.com/a/NVtp28C

To my eyes the server was adequately packaged, but it likely took a pretty bad blow to the rear. The seller is filing a claim with Fedex right now

55 minutes ago, Withenex said:

iling a claim with Fedex right now

i had a job at fedex for a short while.. they had this exact thing happen to one of their internally shipped servers (shipped from UK to BE datacenter)

it was twisted even worse than this, we just wrenched it into the rack, the rack sort of held the chassis straight, and the server is presumably still in full operation.

what i'm most worried about is the power supplies, since they're quite tightly packed, and even if it didnt directly break something it could have messed with clearances.

1 hour ago, Withenex said:

The seller also gave me pictures before shipping the server https://imgur.com/a/NVtp28C

To my eyes the server was adequately packaged, but it likely took a pretty bad blow to the rear. The seller is filing a claim with Fedex right now

Good, because both the seller and shipping company are liable for any damage to the product caused by improper packaging and/or handling of the shipment. Whether they purchased shipping insurance or not is on them, of course, but otherwise I'd absolutely be returning it if the images provided prior to shipment showed the server in good condition.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)