Have you ever noticed just how amazing technology is?

lucky74dog

The technology around us is so well integrated into our daily lives, that we take it for granted, and forget just how amazing it is, and how far we have come. Especially with mobile technology.  Within a life time, we have gone from computers the size of buildings, that are just calculators, to full desktop capabilities in our pockets! The phones we use have more than twice the processing power of the Apollo moon rockets! And not just the fact that we've shrunk them down that much is amazing, thee is also the things we can do with them. Just earlier today, I was in the car, and my sister waned to go on the internet with her ipod, which doesn't have 3G, so I let her connect to the internet through my phone. You may be thinking "It's just tethering, that's not that cool.", but think of it through the perspective of someone from 20 years a go. Maybe even 10 years! That is a truly amazing capability. And when we got home, I connected my phone to my computer over WiFi, and used it as a second screen! Keep in mind, that 15 years a go, flip phones were normal! And it doesn't stop there, today is full of awesome stuff. We've mapped the entire Earth with satellites, taken pictures of distant galaxies, made working motors out of an individual molecule, send information through the air, control robots with our minds, built a fully functioning, 24/7 science lab in orbit, we connected every computer in the world together, sent probes out of our solar system, harnessed energy from light, taken pictures of individual atoms, and much,much more. Technology is amazing, and don't forget that.

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

Every night when I read off my phone, I go into the realization of how cool it looks if I were to bring my Nexus 5 to the year 1995 and have bright beautiful and crisp colours scroll with my thumb.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

So you just had a technology awakening, is that what they call it?

I guess. This isn't the first time I've thought about it, jut the first time I've written (or typed) it down.

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

Wait flip phones were normal 15 years ago? I thought it was only 10 or so.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Wait flip phones were normal 15 years ago? I thought it was only 10 or so.

15 years a go was 1999, so that should be about right.

Yeah. I've noticed. It's actually quite amazing. But It's just too bad that most people are blinded by their own ignorance and take everything for granted. 

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

The technology around us is so well integrated into our daily lives, that we take it for granted, and forget just how amazing it is, and how far we have come. Especially with mobile technology.  Within a life time, we have gone from computers the size of buildings, that are just calculators, to full desktop capabilities in our pockets! The phones we use have more than twice the processing power of the Apollo moon rockets! And not just the fact that we've shrunk them down that much is amazing, thee is also the things we can do with them. Just earlier today, I was in the car, and my sister waned to go on the internet with her ipod, which doesn't have 3G, so I let her connect to the internet through my phone. You may be thinking "It's just tethering, that's not that cool.", but think of it through the perspective of someone from 20 years a go. Maybe even 10 years! That is a truly amazing capability. And when we got home, I connected my phone to my computer over WiFi, and used it as a second screen! Keep in mind, that 15 years a go, flip phones were normal! And it doesn't stop there, today is full of awesome stuff. We've mapped the entire Earth with satellites, taken pictures of distant galaxies, made working motors out of an individual molecule, send information through the air, control robots with our minds, built a fully functioning, 24/7 science lab in orbit, we connected every computer in the world together, sent probes out of our solar system, harnessed energy from light, taken pictures of individual atoms, and much,much more. Technology is amazing, and don't forget that.

exactly!!!  I still get amazed in how much tech is crammed in today's ultra thin smart phones and current HD tv's being only mm thick like the new LG OLED 55" tv and 4K resolution.  It truly is mind boggling.  And to think 30 years from now all of this will look ancient by comparison.  Just wait and see when graphene/carbon nano tubes becomes the norm and then you'll see some serious sci-fi shit.

God only knows how many years ahead is our government's top secret tech which will eventually trickle down to us over time.

what's really mind boggling is how badly behind software is

I blame Java and hardware for that.

"Back in my days" you couldn't make a bloated program because anything less than very well optimized would run like crap. Nowadays even a badly coded program (i.e anything coded in Java) will run just fine.

OP the amazing thing is that the more you learn, the more you realize you don't know. Technology and science sure is amazing.

HASWELL-E 

:) :wub:

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I thought it was cool stuff controlling my computer while I was elsewhere on my phone for a week or two. Was really nice being able to press a button on my phone and turn my computer on aswell. Now it's just kinda old hat. :/ Now i'm doing similar with my Shield now that i'm finally getting around to using it for what I bought it for at launch. I've wanted a device like it for a long time, being able to play my games on my computer on a handheld device like that is nifty.

Yeah I always think about this.. I just want to live in the future though to where we can put in contacts and those would be the screens and everything is voice command. (flawless voice commands). That is why I love science Fiction.. most of it is reality that hasn't happened yet.

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

I blame Java and hardware for that.

"Back in my days" you couldn't make a bloated program because anything less than very well optimized would run like crap. Nowadays even a badly coded program (i.e anything coded in Java) will run just fine.

OP the amazing thing is that the more you learn, the more you realize you don't know. Technology and science sure is amazing.

I feel like once you reach a certain point though, you realize you just don't know shit period and never will, because theres just SOOO Much. it's pretty awesome how everyones equally stupid compared to the amount there is to know <3

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

imagine the tecnology that we will have in 10 years from now

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

When you think about it, you realize that you have a device at the very least near you that can access the entire recorded knowledge of humanity in an instant. It's really mind boggling to think that literally almost instantaneously we can call up the answer to almost any question.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

Even at a more basic level, electricity is amazing, you can flick a switch and turn on a light. 

imagine the tecnology that we will have in 10 years from now

That's what I said in the 90's... still no flying cars! :angry:

lol joke aside yeah, can't imagine the PC builds and phones in ten years, pretty amazing.