New Laptop with LPDDR4x solder Ram

Hi Guys my first post here Recently got a Acer Swift 3 

after purchasing the laptop last week I notice my Ram is almost full 7.2 Gb / 8 Gb

when I open the Back and found out that is LPDDR4x Ram and their solder to the motherboard I'm wondering 2021 8gb is enough ram?

anyways to reduce ram usage or increase the ram

only open a few tab chrome not playing any games and I close all the background app really surprise me what is taking up my ram usage.

First of all: Does anything lag? Do your Applications freeze up, or crash because of not enough Ram?

Since... Full Ram is not bad Ram. Empty Ram is bad Ram. 8gb with Windows can be filled easily, however, if you don't have any problems in your usecase, there is no problem. Windows too has Ram Management.

do you use antivirus software also you might want to debloat windows. but 8 gb is enough but it's minimum

9 minutes ago, Kalowbee said:

after purchasing the laptop last week I notice my Ram is almost full 7.2 Gb / 8 Gb

If you're not doing anything and the ram usage is still high, investigate programs. Uninstall things you don't need (Microsoft onedrive, Skype, etc.) See what opens on startup for your PC. Get rid of anything that you don't want or need opening right away.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

8 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

First of all: Does anything lag? Do your Applications freeze up, or crash because of not enough Ram?

Since... Full Ram is not bad Ram. Empty Ram is bad Ram. 8gb with Windows can be filled easily, however, if you don't have any problems in your usecase, there is no problem. Windows too has Ram Management.

yes is running smooth is just very uncomfortable looking at almost full usage  

like in future time with the solder ram just gave the vibe of no way out

20 minutes ago, Kalowbee said:

Hi Guys my first post here Recently got a Acer Swift 3 

when I open the Back and found out that is LPDDR4x Ram and their solder to the motherboard I'm wondering 2021 8gb is enough ram?

anyways to reduce ram usage or increase the ram

only open a few tab chrome not playing any games and I close all the background app really surprise me what is taking up my ram usage.

If Windows detects that you have RAM to spare-it will fill it, that’s just the nature of things

its a UI thing, windows will load stuff it anticipates you will use into RAM to speed things up, and it will remove those things as required

go ahead and de bloat win 10, that’s just best practice but I wouldn’t worry

Just now, 0591ryan said:

If Windows detects that you have RAM to spare-it will fill it, that’s just the nature of things

its a UI thing, windows will load stuff it anticipates you will use into RAM to speed things up, and it will remove those things as required

go ahead and de bloat win 10, that’s just best practice but I wouldn’t worry

I did use powershell to run this debloat from chris titus

https://christitus.com/debloat-windows-10-2020/

iex ((New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://git.io/JJ8R4'))

1 hour ago, Kalowbee said:

yes is running smooth is just very uncomfortable looking at almost full usage  

like in future time with the solder ram just gave the vibe of no way out

I know that feeling, but you should really rethink that 😉
Why would you feel more comfortable knowing 3gb Ram is always free and NEVER in use?

Windows does Cache many files, so the System is more responsive doing all kinds of things.

If you had more Ram, Windows would also use it more. Like "Oh, there's so much Ram? Let me grab all of that, and fill it with cached data, just in case".

As long everything runs fine, that's a good sign. Because Windows manages those 8gb ram as best as it can for your workflow.

1 hour ago, Kalowbee said:

I did use powershell to run this debloat from chris titus

https://christitus.com/debloat-windows-10-2020/

iex ((New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://git.io/JJ8R4'))

Then I would say you are good to go-absolutely nothing to worry about as another member said-windows moves cached stuff into RAM to speed up the computer, as higher priority tasks come in, windows will shuffle that stuff out

8GB is plenty for most use cases-unless you are loading up 10+tabs and running 3-4 programs at a time concurrently, I don’t see the issue

if you really feel that strongly about it, it wouldn’t hurt anything to add a SO-DIMM so your machine if you have the slot for it

Thank you all... been great help with my RAM anxiety, my desktop PC never face these kind of issue

and after watching Framework Laptop Video just got me thinking why would Laptop Manufacture solder those Ram to the motherboard 

29 minutes ago, 0591ryan said:

if you really feel that strongly about it, it wouldn’t hurt anything to add a SO-DIMM so your machine if you have the slot for it

the RAM are solder on their LPDDR4x no upgradable ram slot

Just now, Kalowbee said:

Thank you all... been great help with my RAM anxiety, my desktop PC never face these kind of issue

and after watching Framework Laptop Video just got me thinking why would Laptop Manufacture solder those Ram to the motherboard 

the RAM are solder on their LPDDR4x no upgradable ram slot

Soldering RAM has real benefits-failure rate is quite low and power draw is lower as well increasing battery life

some laptops have soldered RAM but also have an expansion slot-I wasn’t sure if yours was like that

soldering stuff to the main board can have real benefits-even Louis Ross man would agree with that statement

Its just that Apple sucks about providing documentation to 3rd parties making repairs essentially impossible on critical components as well as locking components that have no business being locked(battery, display, etc)

my laptop is Acer swift 3 SF313-53-57B7 I saw the teardown doesn't have expandable RAM slot 

TBH I'm surprise I would go for Intel but currently i think Intel offer some real good option for thin and lite laptop

long battery power, Thunderbolt, somewhat better dGPU, lift to wake. all these gimmick seem to work on me

and maybe most likely from Linus's video but I won't admit that LOL