My Gigabyte M27Q came with this surprise. Please help.

ThatNewb
Go to solution Solved by SolarNova,

Something that small can only be dirt imo.

Unfortunately it likely being under the screen surface means its extremely difficult to shift, and impossible if it has at all any friction holding it in place.

You can try vibrating the screen surface , use anything that vibrates, a electric toothbrush, a gamepad ..the usual thing... just pad the device so it cant scratch the screen surface. if ur lucky u can shift the dirt to the edge of the screen.

If ur screen is within warranty u can get it replaced as this will be considered a manufacturing defect.

I was doing the dead pixel test and found this in the top left corner. Not sure if its dead pixels or something else. Tried wiping the screen but didn't help.

20210720_153854.jpg

20210720_153849.jpg

16267875833006443636949667532113.jpg

try tapping the top corner from above and the side.  It may be something inside the panel.

See if the thingy wiggles at all

if you run your fingernail over it, does it catch anything?

that doesn't look like dead pixels to me... looks more like something covering the pixels. like a bug or sth.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

8 minutes ago, tkitch said:

try tapping the top corner from above and the side.  It may be something inside the panel.

See if the thingy wiggles at all

if you run your fingernail over it, does it catch anything?

Tried running my fingernail but nothing happened. Tapping is also not doing anything. It's not wiggling at all.

L0oks like a black marker line

But using a solvent might damage the screen film

I edit my posts more often than not

are there vents on the back nearish to that edge?  you could try blowing in some canned air to see if it moves?

But you're probably going to have to RMA it.

Just now, Tan3l6 said:

L0oks like a black marker line

Was thinking the same. Dunno if I should try removing it with sanitizer/thinner.

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

I would return it tbh regardless of what it is. 🤷

Was thinking of doing the same

Just now, ThatNewb said:

Was thinking the same. Dunno if I should try removing it with sanitizer/thinner.

Go to Staples / other electronics store and find some Monitor Wipes.  (Similar to Clorox wipes, but made to work on LCDs)

1 minute ago, tkitch said:

Go to Staples / other electronics store and find some Monitor Wipes.  (Similar to Clorox wipes, but made to work on LCDs)

Will try this

Something that small can only be dirt imo.

Unfortunately it likely being under the screen surface means its extremely difficult to shift, and impossible if it has at all any friction holding it in place.

You can try vibrating the screen surface , use anything that vibrates, a electric toothbrush, a gamepad ..the usual thing... just pad the device so it cant scratch the screen surface. if ur lucky u can shift the dirt to the edge of the screen.

If ur screen is within warranty u can get it replaced as this will be considered a manufacturing defect.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |