in the EU there are gpus at a reasonable price

sierles

i live in the eu and on this website my friend found a 100 euro gpu that can run vr https://www.megekko.nl/product/1963/203040/Nvidia-Videokaarten/VGA-Gigabyte-Geforce-GT-1030-2GB-Videokaart i mean it says it can and it looks realy good so idk if its a good idea for your tower and how it is in the US or in Canada but in the EU it seems pritey good

6 minutes ago, sierles said:

my friend found a 100 euro gpu that can run vr

Um...

6 minutes ago, sierles said:

Geforce-GT-1030-2GB-

you'd need at least an RX 570 or GTX 1060 for any decent vr performance. The GT 1030 is a last-resort card for gamers who really can't get anything else and want 720p gaming at the very least.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I feel personally insulted that the website blocks me from accessing it due to not being located in the EU and accuses me of being a bot or a 'deviant visitor'. I guess that means I can't recommend products from their website for people to buy then. I'll just have to stick to recommending stores like mindfactory.de and caseking.de that do not block me from accessing their website.

The GT 1030 is not a graphics card that is good for gaming. It's really only good for as a display output, things like office computers that need multiple monitors. You can't run VR games on it. You're better off buying an old 2nd hand card for gaming than a GT 1030. Don't waste your money.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 hours ago, Spotty said:

I feel personally insulted that the website blocks me from accessing it due to not being located in the EU and accuses me of being a bot or a 'deviant visitor'. I guess that means I can't recommend products from their website for people to buy then. I'll just have to stick to recommending stores like mindfactory.de and caseking.de that do not block me from accessing their website.

The GT 1030 is not a graphics card that is good for gaming. It's really only good for as a display output, things like office computers that need multiple monitors. You can't run VR games on it. You're better off buying an old 2nd hand card for gaming than a GT 1030. Don't waste your money.

Megekko is one of the most popular ones but their sorting is far from great and often have mislabelled specs. Their prices are amongst the best as always tho. So great store to shop at if you know what you want but terrible store if just browsing.

There are always things available at reasonable prices. Are they any good though? Sure, if you don't have any GPU and need something to get an output from your build but I don't think a €100 or less GPU will be good for VR.

8 hours ago, sierles said:

i live in the eu and on this website my friend found a 100 euro gpu that can run vr https://www.megekko.nl/product/1963/203040/Nvidia-Videokaarten/VGA-Gigabyte-Geforce-GT-1030-2GB-Videokaart i mean it says it can and it looks realy good so idk if its a good idea for your tower and how it is in the US or in Canada but in the EU it seems pritey good

The way graphic cards work isn't wether they can do something. It's how much performance they have to do it. My legs can get me as far as a car too. but yes at the extreme, there is a point where they can literally not do something but before then, I can still get anywhere with only an arm.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

18 hours ago, Spotty said:

I feel personally insulted that the website blocks me from accessing it due to not being located in the EU and accuses me of being a bot or a 'deviant visitor'. I guess that means I can't recommend products from their website for people to buy then. I'll just have to stick to recommending stores like mindfactory.de and caseking.de that do not block me from accessing their website

For some reason I cannot access many websites anymore, even some big brand ones like NGK.

But yeah, the 1030 isn't or ever was nor ever will be a good GPU to get.

1 hour ago, Just that Mario said:

For some reason I cannot access many websites anymore, even some big brand ones like NGK.

But yeah, the 1030 isn't or ever was nor ever will be a good GPU to get.

Are you using a VPN by any chance? I normally use a VPN and I can't access sites like PCPartPicker while connected to the VPN. If I disconnect from the VPN, no access issues. 

Some services such as CloudFlare and their like seem to block VPN IP Addresses from accessing whatever they're protecting.

UK stock seems to be coming in

there was 3060 TI FE available a couple of hours ago and currently 3080 ti

https://www.scan.co.uk/nvidia/products/3080ti/ae6caqb0u9io

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

20 hours ago, jaslion said:

but their sorting is far from great and often have mislabelled specs

That's even worse here because the 1030 could be a DDR4 version and we wouldn't know

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

That's even worse here because the 1030 could be a DDR4 version and we wouldn't know

Yup hence why you take the model and look it up again.