Looking for Recommendations on Cases w/ support for Dual Motherboards

MrWarren

Does anyone know any actually good and potentially compact Dual-Motherboard cases? I can't find anything I can do a refined search on, they're so obscure.

I'm using M-ITX and M-ATX, 2 water coolers, 1 Dual-Fan and 1 Single-Fan, 2 power supplies, 2 sets of ram. I have everything I could possibly need if needed.

I have a Tempered Glass Phanteks case, and a Cougar QBX and I wanna sell them both, and make some room. plus I have no reasonable GPU space in the Cougar QBX anyway. So this seems like a better alternative for me for now.

I recall one large case supporting dual mainboards (E-ATX+mITX), but can't recall brand and/or type. It is quite expensive however (more then a pair of mITX cases!).

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

They're not common. Modern ones only do ATX & mITX (Phanteks 719, Pro II, P600S, Corsair 1000D, etc) with a single power supply. (I believe Corsair's 1000D actually uses an SFX PSU for the msllaer unit though

Older cases like the Thermaltale W200 have support for dual ATX towers but theyre huge; You'd be better off with the two cases oyu have already for space savings. 

Assuming your case isnt an Enthoo Mini XL, that might be the best solution for you

https://www.newegg.com/black-phanteks-enthoo-mini-xl-dual-system-super-micro-tower/p/N82E16811854080

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 7/16/2021 at 7:27 AM, MrWarren said:

Does anyone know any actually good and potentially compact Dual-Motherboard cases? I can't find anything I can do a refined search on, they're so obscure.

I'm using M-ITX and M-ATX, 2 water coolers, 1 Dual-Fan and 1 Single-Fan, 2 power supplies, 2 sets of ram. I have everything I could possibly need if needed.

I have a Tempered Glass Phanteks case, and a Cougar QBX and I wanna sell them both, and make some room. plus I have no reasonable GPU space in the Cougar QBX anyway. So this seems like a better alternative for me for now.

2 case is better imo trust me...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

2 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

2 case is better imo trust me...

I agree, however my circumstances need the most minimalistic approach. I have 3 cases on the go right now, my base PC is now without a GPU, and my new build is still sitting with it's guts hanging out, quite literally.

I've been on a laptop since November, 2020. I just wanna get everything put together and I feel in the long term, this may be my best approach. Either way I need a new case cause I'm not getting a video card that'll meet my needs, and fit the Cougar QBX Mini-ITX case I have. Assuming I even can FIND a video card, I'd practically have to jump on it to manage to get anything, maybe end up scalping it myself just so I can buy what I CAN use, by buying at scalper rates.

I've been looking for as many alternatives as I can, I just wanna put the PC together so that if/when I can get a card it's not a nightmare to re-open, and to have the computer ready for when I move. I never expected things to go this far south (between personal life and the markets)

10 hours ago, MrWarren said:

I agree, however my circumstances need the most minimalistic approach. I have 3 cases on the go right now, my base PC is now without a GPU, and my new build is still sitting with it's guts hanging out, quite literally.

I've been on a laptop since November, 2020. I just wanna get everything put together and I feel in the long term, this may be my best approach. Either way I need a new case cause I'm not getting a video card that'll meet my needs, and fit the Cougar QBX Mini-ITX case I have. Assuming I even can FIND a video card, I'd practically have to jump on it to manage to get anything, maybe end up scalping it myself just so I can buy what I CAN use, by buying at scalper rates.

I've been looking for as many alternatives as I can, I just wanna put the PC together so that if/when I can get a card it's not a nightmare to re-open, and to have the computer ready for when I move. I never expected things to go this far south (between personal life and the markets)

well if cost is what you want you wont find a cheap case that can do 2 pc in one and if you do one will be itx and cost more so your option is to not do 2 pcs one case. precise are coming down on gpus ether wate it out like everyone els.

this is my build log of 2 pcs 1 case my build log

having 2 builds just means you get to build in 2 different case instead of one (i have like 10 case...i like case)

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

44 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

well if cost is what you want you wont find a cheap case that can do 2 pc in one and if you do one will be itx and cost more so your option is to not do 2 pcs one case. precise are coming down on gpus ether wate it out like everyone els.

this is my build log of 2 pcs 1 case my build log

having 2 builds just means you get to build in 2 different case instead of one (i have like 10 case...i like case)

Wow, someone actually used my list. Thanks!

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

1 minute ago, davemc said:

Wow, someone actually used my list. Thanks!

ya i got big brained for once...dont aspect  it all the time...