Windows 11 Beta as primary OS?

Slo2020

Replace or not Windows 10 with Windows 11 Beta as primary OS when it will be released?

8 minutes ago, Slo2020 said:

Replace or not Windows 10 with Windows 11 Beta as primary OS when it will be released?

every other version of windows sucks. just use windows 10 until 12 comes out. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

6 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

every other version of windows sucks. just use windows 10 until 12 comes out. 

Come on now, just because that's how its been until now, doesn't mean it will be the same. Lets give it a chance at least. It looks promising, IMO.

As for using it as your primary OS, only do so if you're fine with plenty of OS breaking bugs. Be prepared to lose your data.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

Come on now, just because that's how its been until now, doesn't mean it will be the same. Lets give it a chance at least. It looks promising, IMO.

As for using it as your primary OS, only do so if you're fine with plenty of OS breaking bugs. Be prepared to lose your data.

it's been that way for decades now. 

plus, the centered taskbar is a massive turn off for me. and it's a mostly cosmetic upgrade. so i'm think it's going to be like Vista or 8. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

3 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

the centered taskbar is a massive turn off for me

You can align it to the left...

image.png.7c58dd3b8915c99ff7d8d482c12a0353.png

22 minutes ago, Slo2020 said:

If all you do with it is play games and browse and you don't mind bugs & potential crashes, sure.
If you use it for school / work or store any kind of important data on it... then wait for the full official release.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

21 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

plus, the centered taskbar is a massive turn off for me. and it's a mostly cosmetic upgrade. so i'm think it's going to be like Vista or 8. 

Well... that's your personal opinion of not liking a centred taskbar, not sure how that applies to whether or not OP should be running Windows 11.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

15 hours ago, Slo2020 said:

The decision is yours.

Windows 11 is in development, and you need to be ready to live with issues, unexpected system re-install, device/peripherals that will stop working, and data loss.

You need to have the time and patience to troubleshoot issues with limited to no help, and you need to have a strong backup solution in place (again, expect unexpected data loss).