Change dark font colors to a light color when in dark mode

RockSolid1106
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

There was suggestion about this not so long ago. I'll fetch it when I'm not on mobile.

The short of it is that this is minor thing overall. It's either people intentionally being annoying (which counts as trolling) or people (and bots) who are pasting stuff and new to forums.

So if you see such posts, or any other formatting issues, please do report them. Fixing formatting is quick deal.

40 minutes ago, BondiBlue said:

I've seen people with signatures that have mostly light text, and I can't read it over here in Day Theme. 

oof

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

8 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

oof

That's what I get for using light mode, but I don't really have a choice, so I'll deal with it. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

51 minutes ago, BondiBlue said:

I know it's not majorly important, but sometimes reading a signature is necessary to understand what hardware OP is dealing with in order to help them. It's just a minor annoyance, that's all. 

You could report and we could explain it to them. But it won't be as quick fix as it is for threads. 

My personal take on this is that if member feels their signature should be seen, they will make it to be looked at. Same principle I do apply to any design choices.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, BondiBlue said:

I know it's not majorly important, but sometimes reading a signature is necessary to understand what hardware OP is dealing with in order to help them. It's just a minor annoyance, that's all. 

True, but if OP cant copy and paste their own specs into FP its their fault, not yours. 😉

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

22 hours ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Select the text, then,
Click on this icon in the editor:

3EBA554E-DCE3-469A-8DAC-6F4988B24F50.jpeg.302127d1f1b7394a7fcb1fdaffc5c8e2.jpeg

And then select automatic:

690F7897-F933-400B-8A37-A53FBBDE98D7.jpeg.4bc7e1f66bf653add03b2fbb9086e2e7.jpeg

This will fix it.

21 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

When you paste content it gives banner telling the content includes formatting. You can remove all formatting just by clicking the clicking that banner.

There's also button specifically for removing all formatting.

Ah thanks, it should be fixed now 🙂

On 7/12/2021 at 5:06 PM, LogicalDrm said:

There was suggestion about this not so long ago. I'll fetch it when I'm not on mobile.

The short of it is that this is minor thing overall. It's either people intentionally being annoying (which counts as trolling) or people (and bots) who are pasting stuff and new to forums.

So if you see such posts, or any other formatting issues, please do report them. Fixing formatting is quick deal.

I made the suggestion you are talking about,and a forum Administrator replied there:

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Well, minor or not, as long as topics about them keep cropping up, might not be that minor at all.
Solution could be really easy. But implementing it is another story. 🙂

edit: --===---
As in dark mode has set amount of colors to choose from, same goes for light theme.
Like this picture, red is disabled for dark theme and blue is disabled for light.

Maybe that would need a rework, cus more colors would then be a bit iffy. Just add more direct select-able colors and get rid of the "more colors" option.
Maybe leave signature alone in this regard. As i've seen some ppl with rainbow colors and all that.

Like i said wouldn't be to easy to incorporate.

Screenshot_81.png

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

On 7/13/2021 at 12:44 AM, Skyyblaze said:

I want to say I did not select black text explicitly. I posted the same content on Reddit and got no answers and then decided to try my luck here and copy and pasted it from Reddit, maybe that caused the wrong formatting 😕 How would I go about fixing it correctly?

What browser do you use? The colours are supposed to be stripped out when you paste, but I think there is special casing of certain browsers.

HTTP/2 203

17 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

What browser do you use? The colours are supposed to be stripped out when you paste, but I think there is special casing of certain browsers.

Hmm well I used Firefox 89 when I made that topic.

5 hours ago, Skyyblaze said:

Hmm well I used Firefox 89 when I made that topic.

Firefox is definitely meant to handle that properly, unless you copied it from somewhere other than firefox and pasted in firefox? (Or unless Mozilla changed something recently, which is possible.)

HTTP/2 203