Change dark font colors to a light color when in dark mode

RockSolid1106
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

There was suggestion about this not so long ago. I'll fetch it when I'm not on mobile.

The short of it is that this is minor thing overall. It's either people intentionally being annoying (which counts as trolling) or people (and bots) who are pasting stuff and new to forums.

So if you see such posts, or any other formatting issues, please do report them. Fixing formatting is quick deal.

Have encountered a few of these where people like to, for some reason, change the font to a dark(blackish) color which makes the text pretty much unreadable unless you select the text:

image.png.3f34d4309e3c580906c0abdbbf99db7d.png

After selecting:

image.png.5d658f869efda5351da5ff1e775b67c5.png

Probably some kind of an automatic system which checks if the color is too dark and changes it to normal white/gray? Or just a button which says "Dark color detected, would you like to change it to a lighter one?" and does the job?

Link to the page:

Edited by RockSolid1106
Added a link to the thread where the font color was changed
1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

No, that's people picking dark text explicitly.  It's a dick move, and overrides default font color changes.

12 minutes ago, tkitch said:

No, that's people picking dark text explicitly.  It's a dick move, and overrides default font color changes.

Yeah I know that, that's what I am talking about. A system which would prevent the font from being literally unreadable(and change it to a lighter color) when the OP randomly decides to change the font color.

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

VPN Server Guide

Can't we just remove the ability to change fonts and colors for ppl under like 500 posts or so.
I keep seeing ppl change those settings but they always relatively new to the forum.

But yeah some programs & website's (that have themes and font-color options) have a system in place that if the dark theme is used the color invert on the fonts.

(As in you cannot choose black as a font-color anymore but white replaces it)

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

2 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

under like 500 posts or so

Ugh that means I won't be able to change the font color 😞

Maybe remove the ability to set the color to some shade of dark black? Because removing the ability to change the color altogether will mean that one can't use RGB which is a bit dumb.

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

VPN Server Guide

14 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Have encountered a few of these where people like to, for some reason, change the font to a dark(blackish) color which makes the text pretty much unreadable unless you select the text:

After selecting:

Probably some kind of an automatic system which checks if the color is too dark and changes it to normal white/gray? Or just a button which says "Dark color detected, would you like to change it to a lighter one?" and does the job?

Link to the page:

here is some text for you

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

1 minute ago, King of Memes said:

here is some text for you

*rages*

love your signature tho

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

VPN Server Guide

4 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Ugh that means I won't be able to change the font color 😞

Maybe remove the ability to set the color to some shade of dark black? Because removing the ability to change the color altogether will mean that one can't use RGB which is a bit dumb.

Hahaha true, there is indeed a need for it. Just to bad an IQ test for signing up wont be a thing anytime soon. 😛

But there must be a way. Maybe lower limit, like as with the marketplace thing. I believe that was 100 posts or so.
Or some other form of making sure its only done when needed.

I dont think a button with "your text is to dark" would be enough. Specially if you see so many just click OK to get rid of a box so they can do what they think they need to do.
(Yes i fixxed computers for people, people are awful on computers, they dont care.)

But i think still the best option, is to have themes with a certain color set they can choose from. And they invert/switch when switching theme.

Like all white text in dark theme would change to black text in white theme. and vice versa. You would only have to do that for a limited amount of colours.
Or just remove those options al together.

1 minute ago, HanZie82 said:

Hahaha true, there is indeed a need for it. Just to bad an IQ test for signing up wont be a thing anytime soon. 😛

But there must be a way. Maybe lower limit, like as with the marketplace thing. I believe that was 100 posts or so.
Or some other form of making sure its only done when needed.

I dont think a button with "your text is to dark" would be enough. Specially if you see so many just click OK to get rid of a box so they can do what they think they need to do.
(Yes i fixxed computers for people, people are awful on computers, they dont care.)

people also do it for lite mode users

I don't think any of this is intentional or atleast mostly. They're just pasting text and the forum's editor is including the formatting along with said text causing such issues from time to time.

2 minutes ago, King of Memes said:

people also do it for lite mode users

Just as bad imho.

But maybe a good deterent to respond like that if they do, so they know whats the what. 🙂

1 minute ago, Murasaki said:

I don't think any of this is intentional or atleast mostly. They're just pasting text and the forum's editor is including the formatting along with said text causing such issues from time to time.

Pretty sure that, and also people just choosing another color, cus its cool?!

Maybe another way could be, just give the users a set of colors, which don't hinder the ability to be readable, and not allow custom colors. Like not including shades of gray or black.

@King of Memes

Spoiler

image.png.be32c9c99d86ea13db56fca6d58bd2a3.png

works XD

image.png.1dee1ef670f5ac40e2eb2de7dd4a062c.png

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

VPN Server Guide

1 minute ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Maybe another way could be, just give the users a set of colors, which don't hinder the ability to be readable, and not allow custom colors. Like not including shades of gray or black.

@King of Memes

Hide contents

image.png.be32c9c99d86ea13db56fca6d58bd2a3.png

works XD

image.png.1dee1ef670f5ac40e2eb2de7dd4a062c.png

WAIT, MY SIGNITURE IS A LIE!

1 minute ago, King of Memes said:

WAIT, MY SIGNITURE IS A LIE!

True, i can read it too. 😄

1 minute ago, HanZie82 said:

True, i can read it too. 😄

how unfortunate, well, i changed it

There was suggestion about this not so long ago. I'll fetch it when I'm not on mobile.

The short of it is that this is minor thing overall. It's either people intentionally being annoying (which counts as trolling) or people (and bots) who are pasting stuff and new to forums.

So if you see such posts, or any other formatting issues, please do report them. Fixing formatting is quick deal.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LogicalDrm said:

Thank, will try.
But i have a hard time bothering the -i'm guessing- already busy mods with a simple thing like this.
(Altho i do agree its better then trying to play mod yourself. Which i do way to often. 😄)

7 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Is this the one?

BTW, I have reported that thread.

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

VPN Server Guide

4 hours ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Is this the one?

Not that long ago, though this is also almost year old

4 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

Thank, will try.
But i have a hard time bothering the -i'm guessing- already busy mods with a simple thing like this.
(Altho i do agree its better then trying to play mod yourself. Which i do way to often. 😄)

More reports is better than less. We got new moderators just to keep easy stuff from piling up. The stuff that takes a lot of time are long threads full of opiniated people getting heated.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, RockSolid1106 said:

After selecting:

Link to the page:

I want to say I did not select black text explicitly. I posted the same content on Reddit and got no answers and then decided to try my luck here and copy and pasted it from Reddit, maybe that caused the wrong formatting 😕 How would I go about fixing it correctly?

2 hours ago, Skyyblaze said:

How would I go about fixing it correctly?

Select the text, then,
Click on this icon in the editor:

3EBA554E-DCE3-469A-8DAC-6F4988B24F50.jpeg.302127d1f1b7394a7fcb1fdaffc5c8e2.jpeg

And then select automatic:

690F7897-F933-400B-8A37-A53FBBDE98D7.jpeg.4bc7e1f66bf653add03b2fbb9086e2e7.jpeg

This will fix it.

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

VPN Server Guide

11 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

What about signatures? I've seen people with signatures that have mostly light text, and I can't read it over here in Day Theme. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

3 hours ago, Skyyblaze said:

I want to say I did not select black text explicitly. I posted the same content on Reddit and got no answers and then decided to try my luck here and copy and pasted it from Reddit, maybe that caused the wrong formatting 😕 How would I go about fixing it correctly?

When you paste content it gives banner telling the content includes formatting. You can remove all formatting just by clicking the clicking that banner.

1 hour ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Select the text, then,
Click on this icon in the editor:

3EBA554E-DCE3-469A-8DAC-6F4988B24F50.jpeg.302127d1f1b7394a7fcb1fdaffc5c8e2.jpeg

And then select automatic:

690F7897-F933-400B-8A37-A53FBBDE98D7.jpeg.4bc7e1f66bf653add03b2fbb9086e2e7.jpeg

This will fix it.

There's also button specifically for removing all formatting.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, BondiBlue said:

What about signatures? I've seen people with signatures that have mostly light text, and I can't read it over here in Day Theme. 

We don't really moderate the signatures unless they explicitly break a rule. Be it advertising or politics. Signature rarely has something important that needs to be seen.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LogicalDrm said:

We don't really moderate the signatures unless they explicitly break a rule. Be it advertising or politics. Signature rarely has something important that needs to be seen.

I know it's not majorly important, but sometimes reading a signature is necessary to understand what hardware OP is dealing with in order to help them. It's just a minor annoyance, that's all. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)