which gpu should i go for (i am a budget guy)

Pakwarrior

hello i need a gpu for 1080p editing, photoshop and gaming like (apex legends, battlefield, warzone) on 1080p 50 to 60 fps 

my budget is 85$ 

and gpus i saw is gtx 750ti,gtx 950, gtx 660 or rx 560,r9 270x etc 

so plz tell me what should i do i cant increase my budget so I am stuck with 2gb varients so plz suggest me 

if you wanna se my pc specs go check my profile... plz 

modern integrated graphics are better then those cards, I would make sure you are running dual channel memory to get the best you can out of your CPU which should be able to do all of that with the settings turned way down.

This will give you time to save more money for a semi modern low end GPU such as a GTX 1050ti

8 minutes ago, CWALD said:

modern integrated graphics are better then those cards, I would make sure you are running dual channel memory to get the best you can out of your CPU which should be able to do all of that with the settings turned way down.

Im going to have to disagree. The R9 270X and 950 will definitely out perform most integrated graphics.

The 750ti is probably the least performing, but still better than most of Intel iGPUs. Considering that Most of the UHD graphics are only around GT 1030s, which all 4 would beat

Second, hes using a non iGPU PC, so it wouldnt even matter

Also, if I remember correctly, the R9 270X and 950 performs within the same reasonable levels as a 1050ti (4G variants) anyhow depending on the game, only being lower by 5-10 frames. My RX 560 2G can easily run probably 1.5-2x better than a UHD 560. Although I already got rid of it a few weeks ago so I cant test again.

But, saving up for a more price for performance card is better, there are probably some better deals out there

Chicago Bears fan, Bear Down

6 minutes ago, SlashedM said:

Im going to have to disagree. The R9 270X and 950 will definitely out perform most integrated graphics.

The 750ti is probably the least performing, but still better than most of Intel iGPUs. Considering that Most of the UHD graphics are only around GT 1030s, which all 4 would beat

Second, hes using a non iGPU PC, so it wouldnt even matter

Also, if I remember correctly, the R9 270X and 950 performs within the same reasonable levels as a 1050ti (4G variants) anyhow depending on the game, only being lower by 5-10 frames. My RX 560 2G can easily run probably 1.5-2x better than a UHD 560. Although I already got rid of it a few weeks ago so I cant test again.

so whats your final decision for me rx 560 2gb or r9 270x or gtx 950

10 minutes ago, CWALD said:

modern integrated graphics are better than those cards

Not even close, every one of those stomps on even current gen igpu from both intel or amd

40 minutes ago, Pakwarrior said:

hello i need a gpu for 1080p editing, photoshop and gaming like (apex legends, battlefield, warzone) on 1080p 50 to 60 fps 

my budget is 85$ 

and gpus i saw is gtx 750ti,gtx 950, gtx 660 or rx 560,r9 270x etc 

so plz tell me what should i do i cant increase my budget so I am stuck with 2gb varients so plz suggest me 

if you wanna se my pc specs go check my profile... plz 

Most powerful of the bunch will be the GTX 950, though a higher end model of a 270x will be slightly better than that, although with much higher power consumption.

I wouldn’t recommend the 750ti or RX560 unless you only have pcie power to work with, or a 6 pin at best. The 660 is a good card but it’s the weakest of the options unless it’s a Boost model.

7 minutes ago, Pakwarrior said:

so whats your final decision for me rx 560 2gb or r9 270x or gtx 950

The best performance of the 3 would be either the 270X or 950, but if you were able to, Id try saving a litte more for some better cards, or at least the 4GB variants. if you had to pick, probably the 950, its also a bit newer and a little less power hungry iirc.

Chicago Bears fan, Bear Down

1 minute ago, SlashedM said:

The best performance of the 3 would be either the 270X or 950, but if you were able to, Id try saving a litte more for some better cards, or at least the 4GB variants. 

This, if you can get a 270x you can just save another 20-30$ and get a 280x

One of the nicer 280x’s like a 3gb sapphire toxic one will hold its own with even some very recent titles.

The 100-120$ mark is also where you’ll find things like 4gb gtx 960’s, gtx 770’s or r9 370’s

6 hours ago, 8tg said:

This, if you can get a 270x you can just save another 20-30$ and get a 280x

One of the nicer 280x’s like a 3gb sapphire toxic one will hold its own with even some very recent titles.

The 100-120$ mark is also where you’ll find things like 4gb gtx 960’s, gtx 770’s or r9 370’s

i really not get the final decision your final thoughts is r9 270x or gtx 950 

hello guyz i sold my rx 470 and bought a new cpu,mobo and ram and now i have 82$ in pocket so i found some gpus one of them is gtx 1050 2gb msi low profile version so plz tell me is it worth it or shall i wait for gpu prices come down and but gtx 1060 3gb cuz i saw the real price also its price in 2017 it was 120$ and now it is only 81$ i am getting what you guyz think should i buy it then sell it 

14 minutes ago, tkitch said:

unless you /need/ a low profile card?  No.

what you think about rx 560 4gb asus or sapphire version i think i have to go with that wdyt

Buy Sapphire version if you want that one.

If you can afford yourself GTX 1060 6 GB that would be okay for some gaming depending on your CPU.

LP Cards are for SSF builts.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

On 7/11/2021 at 8:32 PM, frozensun said:

Buy Sapphire version if you want that one.

If you can afford yourself GTX 1060 6 GB that would be okay for some gaming depending on your CPU.

LP Cards are for SSF builts.

omg are you joking gtx 1060 can run all games idk whats wrong with you people why you guys think these expensive cards can run SOME games like wtf man we are trying to play games on gtx 1050s,970s and rx 580s and you think buy gtz 1060 6gb which can omg which can run some gamez very good a very bad and useless comment i am not joking 

hello guyz again in this post i need suggesitions about weather to go with gtx 970 o with gtx 980 there is like 50$ difference between both cards and the performance boost is only 12% which game debates says but on youtube its 16% performance boost but is it worth it for like 50$ for 16% boost cuz both cards can do 1440p and if there is a future proof thing both cards will die at same time so i think i have to go with 970 what you guyz think...

28 minutes ago, Pakwarrior said:

hello guyz again in this post i need suggesitions about weather to go with gtx 970 o with gtx 980 there is like 50$ difference between both cards and the performance boost is only 12% which game debates says but on youtube its 16% performance boost but is it worth it for like 50$ for 16% boost cuz both cards can do 1440p and if there is a future proof thing both cards will die at same time so i think i have to go with 970 what you guyz think...

A 980 will do 1440p 3d A 970 won’t. 970 is weaker than a 580.  Not sure by how much. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

37 minutes ago, Pakwarrior said:

Honestly I wouldn't even think about it right now. Wait until prices normalize if you can wait and decide then. That way you can get a more accurate picture of the market and maybe even get something better like a 10 series (1060 6gb and above) which would probably be a better choice (if the price is right).

About 1440p. Depends a lot on the games. Older games from like 2015 or older sure but anything newer you won't get that good of an experience at 1440p. Probably best to stick to 1080p with those cards. If you want to play 1440p the 980 would be the better choice.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

4 hours ago, Montana16 said:

Honestly I wouldn't even think about it right now. Wait until prices normalize if you can wait and decide then. That way you can get a more accurate picture of the market and maybe even get something better like a 10 series (1060 6gb and above) which would probably be a better choice (if the price is right).

About 1440p. Depends a lot on the games. Older games from like 2015 or older sure but anything newer you won't get that good of an experience at 1440p. Probably best to stick to 1080p with those cards. If you want to play 1440p the 980 would be the better choice.

so you tell me will i get gtx 1060 6 gb varient in or around 144$

5 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

A 980 will do 1440p 3d A 970 won’t. 970 is weaker than a 580.  Not sure by how much. 

A reference 970 is a little weaker than a reference 570 4GB these days. I'd be pretty surprised to see reference 980 outperforming reference 580 though, even the 4GB 580.

The 970's "3.5GB" of usable VRAM that wasn't really a handicap to it when it was new will be an increasing problem for it in modern games beyond the lightest eSports titles. The 980 has more life left in it. That said I wouldn't rate either as a 1440p card for current games. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

I honestly wouldn't touch 7 year-old cards like the 970 and 980. Great cards for their time but that sounds like a lot of time on a card to be buying now. And they were both decently high end cards when they released, so you can bet most 970 and 980 out there have had a lot of gaming hours put on them. And they were both really good overclockers (well, except for my 970 that couldn't OC for shit) capable of pretty large performance gains from OC, so you can bet the average 970 or 980 was probably pushed pretty hard.

7 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I honestly wouldn't touch 7 year-old cards like the 970 and 980. Great cards for their time but that sounds like a lot of time on a card to be buying now. And they were both decently high end cards when they released, so you can bet most 970 and 980 out there have had a lot of gaming hours put on them. And they were both really good overclockers (well, except for my 970 that couldn't OC for shit) capable of pretty large performance gains from OC, so you can bet the average 970 or 980 was probably pushed pretty hard.

There’s only one reason to specifically choose them iirc.  The Nvidia 9series was the last card to put out true analog video.  There’s actually an argument for me to buy a 980ti specifically for this monitor I have as it’s the most powerful card I think it will work with.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

34 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

There’s only one reason to specifically choose them iirc.  The Nvidia 9series was the last card to put out true analog video.  There’s actually an argument for me to buy a 980ti specifically for this monitor I have as it’s the most powerful card I think it will work with.

Huh, didn't know that. Interesting.

2 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

what about gtx 1060 3gb i means its same as 970 but have lower shaders and vram only can do is 1080p plz explain 

ok i am done with all gpus my final thoughts on gpus is gtx 970 , gtx 1060 3gb and rx 580 4gb suggest only from these with my i5 9400f dont worry about psu 

and explain brefily why 🥺

Out of the 3 I would personally get the 580 as it has 4gb of ram and is objectively faster than the 970 and generally on par with the 1060.