"Nofan’s new fanless CPU cooler has 62 feet of heatpipes"

Symbolizer21

A well positioned exhaust with a 140 on the back and dual 140s in the top plus dual 120s or 140s front intakes would mean you'd get plenty of airflow on the case already so it's wouldn't be completely passively cooled, just very lazily cooled? Good case airflow I mean.

well adding all those fans might defeat the purpose of removing the cpu fan

• 2 months later...

I think they updated it from that first pic you got there.

http://youtu.be/-7bzNN3DnMY

I would like to see Linus review this and also to see what cases it can fit in. these coolers are freakin huge.

Proc: Intel Core i9 9900K 5GHz OC MoBo: ASUS Maximus XI Formula Z390 Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz 32GB  Vidcard: ASUS RTX 2080 ROG STRIX OC Sound: Creative Sound Blaster AE-5 SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 240GB  HDD: 4X WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX 850i Case: Corsiar 760T Black Monitor: ASUS PG278QE 165Hz 1ms  Peripheral: Razer Huntsman Elite - Deathadder V2 - Sabertooth Controller

It's looks ugly.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

hmm.. tbh to me looks like a trashcan made of gold or somehow it has a diamond shape.. tho im rly interested to put a fan on that thing :D and see if it make any differences.

can it cook food whilst you run multiple tasks and open up thousands of tabs 

not big enough for high powered CPU's

like their old cooler

post-2691-0-60715800-1404522268_thumb.jp

post-2691-0-60715800-1404522268_thumb.jp

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

I call bullshit on those actually being heatpipes. NoFan never mentions anywhere that the IcePipe is actually a heatpipe. The term is obviously designed to make you think it is. It's probably just copper wire.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

It is so darn ugly. :unsure:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I call bullshit on those actually being heatpipes. NoFan never mentions anywhere that the IcePipe is actually a heatpipe. The term is obviously designed to make you think it is. It's probably just copper wire.

I agree. Those are some damn thin heatpipes if they are.

I heard of this brand acouple of years ago - I was sorta surprised when linus was building his wife's pc to be the most silent he didnt use one of these

I would really be interested if it is possible to run a decent computer without fans since power management has improved since linus tried

@LinusTech ?

Pretty sure it's not possible to go completely without fans. Without at least SOME airflow to move hot air away from the heatsink, it will just act as a radiator, raising ambient temperatures inside the case to the point where it rendered itself incapable of dissipating any extra heat at all, and would eventually overheat the processor anyway.

Which is a little counter productive, I think. :P

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Hmm, even though it has no direct AF, shouldn't as long as you get good AF throughout the case, the thing should be solid right? I mean it has 62 ft of copper heatpipes on the damn thing

I think the reason it looks small is because the picture is small guys.

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Funny, I haven't used a fan on my E8400 ever since I built this PC and I never had an issue with over heating.

originally when I built this PC it was in this case

SP_A0176.jpg

Then I needed more storage space and got this case but still no fan on the CPU

DSCN1167.jpg

Proc: Intel Core i9 9900K 5GHz OC MoBo: ASUS Maximus XI Formula Z390 Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz 32GB  Vidcard: ASUS RTX 2080 ROG STRIX OC Sound: Creative Sound Blaster AE-5 SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 240GB  HDD: 4X WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX 850i Case: Corsiar 760T Black Monitor: ASUS PG278QE 165Hz 1ms  Peripheral: Razer Huntsman Elite - Deathadder V2 - Sabertooth Controller

@Feeterican you have case airflow. if you had a completly fanless system, chances are youd have to remove the top to let the hot air rise, as well as the side panel to let cold air in

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

A thing of beauty? No...

A thing of performance? No...

A thing of nobility? No...

A thing of genius? No...

Cool? Yes.

Actually doesn't it run fairly warm if you don't have adequate cooling in the rest of your environment?

lol. Interesting umm thinking?

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

@Feeterican you have case airflow. if you had a completly fanless system, chances are youd have to remove the top to let the hot air rise, as well as the side panel to let cold air in

I get it, the original case only had a front fan and back fan and still worked fine under load, and yeah the new case is much more efficient using 3 200mm fans and 1 120mm. There's a 200mm in the front, side, and top, but it was quite amazing that I was gaming for hours in that old case and it never shut down with only 2 120mm fans. 

I always found these as pointless considering you will still need something to get that air moving I don't think convection on its own is going to do it at least quick enough.

Will need fans for better airflow and then what is the point.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Silence is gold.

Having a 800rpm or less blowing over it could make it i7 worthy. That'd be pretty nice.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

just ghetto mound a fan on it, i think it will perform really good then

No it won't. It was designed on the basis that fans shouldn't be added. That's why its circular. Where are you going to mount a fan?? on the top???? That would make it worse lol

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place