Should i upgrade to windows 11 on my main machine

Pakwarrior
Go to solution Solved by Mateyyy,

No, stay on Windows 10.

hello i am a pc user and have all things needed for win 11 but i was thinking it good to install win 11 leaked on my main macine i dont ahve problem with safty stuff just thinking will it give me any advantage in gaming performance or in my 8 gb ddr4 3000mhz ram optimization?? plz or just stay on windows 10 pro and wait for original release cuz cmon it will be free next year so i definatly pirate the paid version of the windows ... cmon 80% people install pirated once  

No, stay on Windows 10.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

If I were you, I will ask myself these questions in no specific order:

1 - Is it stable? because if it is not, this means a lot of bugs, and I do not have time to waste on playing with the system. Plus, this may harm my machine.

2 - Am I ready for the change? Because as you see, a lot of things will be changed. You will consume time in adjusting to the new system.

3 - Can my machine handle it? I used to have an old Lenovo, and update it to Windows 10. I regretted it. Not because window 10  is bad, but because its load is way more than what my system can handle. Yes my system can run windows 10 but cannot handle it. After that, I bought a new laptop. 

I dont know if gaming performance is better, havent really tested it yet, have been installing updates and drivers all day yesterday (while also testing out some UI stuff of course)

Weird thing: it doesnt feel "snappy" but more smooth than 10 for sure (if it doesnt decide to hang for a bit once in a while lol)

To me the under the hood stuff as well as the UI seem more streamlined however, but if that translates to better game performance has yet to be seen. Im going to test this tomorrow probably. 

ps: i didnt install it on my "main machine" but my laptop (ideapad) which actually isnt totally terrible for gaming (just slightly terrible) but as long you have a backup i dont see why you couldnt use 11 on your "main machine" But if you wanna go in "naked" then good luck I guess? : P 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 7/3/2021 at 7:34 AM, Pakwarrior said:

so i definatly pirate the paid version of the windows

This forum does not encourage or allow this to be discussed as a positive thing or allow discussion on how to do it.

If you want Windows 11, you can join the Preview Insider group, free and legal.

If you have questions or ideas on how to get the ISO outside official channels that will be shut down.

Should i upgrade to windows 11 on my main machine

To answer your title: My answer would be no, if you want to upgrade to experience the pre-release version with all the Bugs and Non-complete polish then you want to upgrade a PC that will not likely matter if you lose everything on it. Your risk of losing data due to bugs is likely.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER