Tesla pc would be cool?

Abzilla

Has anyone tried putting the Tesla gaming pc (from the car) into an actual pc case?

PC Specs: Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk X570  CPU: Ryzen 5900X  CPU Cooler: NZXT 240 mm Kraken Series AIO     GPU: Asus Strix ROG 1080 TI OC Edition    PSU: Corsair RM850 850W   Storage: 2 X 4TB, 2 X 1TB HDD And 1 X 1tb m.2 samsung 980 pro Case:  NZXT H440 2015 Edition

I don't think anybody would tear apart a $70000 car. But there's chance, the forum has people who would do it.

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

it would probably be locked down and integrated with the other tesla features. Removing one might make the car useless.

2 hours ago, Murasaki said:

Tesla has a gaming pc inside it? Isn't it just some big android box?

No they have an amd cpu. And they are using it's apu for graphics. As far as reviews go it's not that bad

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

19 hours ago, Gamer4714 said:

No they have an amd cpu. And they are using it's apu for graphics. As far as reviews go it's not that bad

Being on Android and having AMD CPU aren't mutually exclusive things. But I would categorize Tesla as overgrown console over PC.

Console = all-in-one gaming experience with PC hardware. PC = customizable gaming experience with hardware of your choice and OS of your choice.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Being on Android and having AMD CPU aren't mutually exclusive things. But I would categorize Tesla as overgrown console over PC.

Console = all-in-one gaming experience with PC hardware. PC = customizable gaming experience with hardware of your choice and OS of your choice.

It isn't but it's something, no other cars have anything like this, as far as i know

1 hour ago, Gamer4714 said:

It isn't but it's something, no other cars have anything like this, as far as i know

Sure why not? You can scan a Tesla with OBDII scanners with a simple adapter the same you would scan any other vehicle. Still running a CAN bus even on the supposed complicated Tesla vehicles. 

So my very limited research says the "AMD Gaming chip" runs the entire Infotainment system. Note, this is not likely the same chip that runs critical system level functions, but it's still likely heavily integrated into the car.

You can probably extract the components. But I wouldn't necessarily bet on getting them to run outside the car - especially unless you're gonna do custom firmware, etc.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)