How do I fix unsupported secure boot for windows 11 installation if there is a option for secure boot in bios?

So I was actually checking if my pc is compatible for windows 11 but it shows that my pc isn't compatible because secure boot is unsupported and when I checked system info it was also showing that secure boot is not supported but in the bios I can see an option for secure boot and its disabled but it is giving me a option to enable it , so any suggestion how should I fix it? my partition style is mbr if that helps.image.png.fcc334e6c6e8b9fb6535a090726c8a69.pngimage.png.f753f83d403a028ab5a9b309305a1da9.png

44 minutes ago, TECHNO TRIX said:

secure boot is unsupported

bios I can se a option for secure boot and its disabled but it is giving me a option to enable it

so any suggestion how should I fix it?

Seems pretty obvious no? Enable it in BIOS.

I have no idea if your system will boot properly afterwards however, as I have no experience with secure boot.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Seems pretty obvious no? Enable it in BIOS.

I have no idea if your system will boot properly afterwards however, as I have no experience with secure boot.

I have tried that already but my computer isn't booting then , it says no operating system found , and I just searched on google it says that secured boot shouldn't be enabled , it just need to be compatible, I guess my partition style and bios type should be changed , any guesses??

As previously mentioned on your other thread asking the same thing.

9 hours ago, FakeKGB said:

You will need to install windows on gpt

If yours isnt, you can either try converting it to GPT or reinstalling.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

8 minutes ago, Levent said:

ya I was thinking that too, but do you think this could work?? 

Secure boot is a UEFI extension, that means the system must be running in UEFI mode otherwise the option in BIOS does absolutely nothing.

In your case all the info is in the screenshot, you're in Legacy boot mode. To get secure boot working you will either have to reinstall the OS with CSM disabled or take the risk of running mbr2gpt and preying you don't lose everything on the drive.

Have you tried doing an in place upgrade by mounting the ISO in Windows 10 and clicking Upgrade?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

Secure boot is a UEFI extension, that means the system must be running in UEFI mode otherwise the option in BIOS does absolutely nothing.

In your case all the info is in the screenshot, you're in Legacy boot mode. To get secure boot working you will either have to reinstall the OS with CSM disabled or take the risk of running mbr2gpt and preying you don't lose everything on the drive.

Have you tried doing an in place upgrade by mounting the ISO in Windows 10 and clicking Upgrade?

You can have UEFI with CSM enabled and still have Secure boot.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Greetings, yes I have come across this issue myself. 

TPM is fairly easy to enable for the AMD ASUS UEFI under Advanced > "AMD ftpM Configuation", as long as it's version 2.0. (On supported motherboards) 

"tpm.msc" clarifies that for you.

With a little research, I stumbled upon this thread in another forum in regards to compatability to secure booting and it's "Secure boot state unsupported" : https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/701054/secure-boot-unsupported-windows-10/

Which leads to this Microsft tool however,

It's always warned that users save their data before attempting to convert thier drive from a MBR (Master Boot Record) to a GPT (GUID Partition Table) drive.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/mbr-to-gpt

As the fourum thread linked states

"In order to enable SecureBoot in UEFI firmware a GPT disk is required to boot. Make sure you disable Legacy or CSM boot before booting after the conversion."

"Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way" - Pink Floyd

BSc (hons) Computing Science

AMD Ryzen 3900x | ASUS B450-F | MSI RTX 2070 | 64GB 3200Mhz RAM Windows 11 Pro | Surface Pro 4

per the screen shot you sent the bios mode shows legacy.  willing to bet disk manager would show the c: as MBT and not GPT

use the below link to convert to GBT and than you will be able to secure boot into windows.

just did this on my husbands PC and it worked without issue. 

from an admin command prompt

MBR2GPT.exe /convert /allowFullOS

24 minutes ago, LordChristoff said:

Greetings, yes I have come across this issue myself. 

TPM is fairly easy to enable for the AMD ASUS UEFI under Advanced > "AMD ftpM Configuation", as long as it's version 2.0.

"tpm.msc" clarifies that for you.

With a little research, I stumbled upon this thread in another forum in regards to compatability to secure booting and it's "Secure boot state unsupported" : https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/701054/secure-boot-unsupported-windows-10/

Which leads to this Microsft tool however,

It's always warned that users save their data before attempting to convert thier drive from a MBR (Master Boot Record) to a GPT (GUID Partition Table) drive.

As the fourum thread linked states

"In order to enable SecureBoot in UEFI firmware a GPT disk is required to boot. Make sure you disable Legacy or CSM boot before booting after the conversion."

amazing how we ran into the same issue at the same time and came to the same solution

10 hours ago, orddie said:

per the screen shot you sent the bios mode shows legacy.  willing to bet disk manager would show the c: as MBT and not GPT

use the below link to convert to GBT and than you will be able to secure boot into windows.

just did this on my husbands PC and it worked without issue. 

from an admin command prompt

MBR2GPT.exe /convert /allowFullOS

Oh right, so you've actually done it with no issues?

Good to know. I've not attempted it myself yet, but may do once I saved all the valuable info on the drive. 

And yes, it's surprising what actually googling issues can result with. 

AMD Ryzen 3900x | ASUS B450-F | MSI RTX 2070 | 64GB 3200Mhz RAM Windows 11 Pro | Surface Pro 4

Just found this actually, Microsoft are pulling the 'PC Health Check' app for now, because it doesn't shed enough light on what needs to be done to prepare the PC for the upgrade. 

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2021/06/28/update-on-windows-11-minimum-system-requirements/

However it does go into a bit more info in the requirements. 

4 hours ago, LordChristoff said:

Just found this actually, Microsoft are pulling the 'PC Health Check' app for now, because it doesn't shed enough light on what needs to be done to prepare the PC for the upgrade. 

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2021/06/28/update-on-windows-11-minimum-system-requirements/

However it does go into a bit more info in the requirements. 

Yeah I followed the same process and didnt have any issues 

I tried this way and it was success. 

first you have to convert ur system drive to GPT if it is MPR and you can do that with EsaeUs partition Master, then  secure boot can be enabled and  win11 can be installed.

• 3 months later...
On 6/26/2021 at 7:02 AM, Levent said:

would installing on GPT keep files? I have the same problem as the guy

On 6/26/2021 at 7:12 AM, TECHNO TRIX said:

ya I was thinking that too, but do you think this could work?? 

I have the same problem as you did the software work?