Secure Boot Unsupported How to fix this

boomerangos
2 minutes ago, boomerangos said:

How to successfully enable Secure boot

What hardware are you running in your system and have you enabled secure boot in the BIOS (if it is supported by the motherboard you're using)?

If you're using a legacy BIOS then that is not going to be compatible with Windows 11, you'll have to upgrade in order to run Windows 11.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

3 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

What hardware are you running in your system and have you enabled secure boot in the BIOS (if it is supported by the motherboard you're using)?

If you're using a legacy BIOS then that is not going to be compatible with Windows 11, you'll have to upgrade in order to run Windows 11.

asus tuf b365 gaming plus
is motherboard
CPU is i5 8600T

12 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

I have enabled Secure boot in Bios It was originally enabled by default
I have disabled and re enabled and still has same problem

11 minutes ago, boomerangos said:

asus tuf b365 gaming plus
is motherboard
CPU is i5 8600T

This motherboard supports secure boot, try updating your BIOS to the latest version and enable PTT (in the BIOS go to:     Advanced --> PCH-FW Configuration).

@Boomwebsearch 

Maybe it says Secure Boot, but really is about the TPM?

Have you checked to see if that's enabled?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just now, TetraSky said:

Maybe it says Secure Boot, but really is about the TPM?

Have you checked to see if that's enabled?

image.thumb.png.7d4c02f9d7c40d1b7dae15808171d74d.pngEnabled

Why don't you just wait until Windows 11 is officially out and all of this futzing around is probably unnecessary? What advantage is there to Win11 that makes people so eager to waste their time like this?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

11 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

This motherboard supports secure boot, try updating your BIOS to the latest version and enable PTT (in the BIOS go to:     Advanced --> PCH-FW Configuration).

I will update the bios

if your board cant support tpm, there is workarounds if you are down to make a few small changes to the iso. google "windows 11 tpm workaround" and you should find plenty of guides, do at your own risk though.

3 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

if your board cant support tpm, there is workarounds if you are down to make a few small changes to the iso. google "windows 11 tpm workaround" and you should find plenty of guides, do at your own risk though.

My board has tpm as its 8th gen

You can enable secure boot all you want, it isn't going to do anything if you installed windows in legacy mode.  Open system information and see what it says under "BIOS mode".

1 minute ago, chebsy said:

You can enable secure boot all you want, it isn't going to do anything if you installed windows in legacy mode.  Open system information and see what it says under "BIOS mode".

Its Legacy

is there a way to change it

The SSD had Windows 8.1 on it originally and I recently upgraded it to Windows 10 when I upgraded my pc 

4 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

Yeah, I wouldn't really recommend doing this, you could damage your PC if you aren't careful.

16 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Why don't you just wait until Windows 11 is officially out and all of this futzing around is probably unnecessary? What advantage is there to Win11 that makes people so eager to waste their time like this?

⬇️

On 6/24/2021 at 10:59 AM, GoodBytes said:

The event was held at 11am EST. If you missed it, you can watch it here again:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/event

Here are some things revealed with some extras not covered from the event:

• Bluetooth improvements. Windows now support AAC codec for superior Bluetooth audio quality. In addition, it now combines Headset and Music modes as it does on other non-Windows devices.
  • New Start. No more Live Tiles. Those are discontinued. The Start menu integrated Search as before, and improved with OneDrive integration. Meaning, if you are signed up in OneDrive, you can directly search your files from it on your start menu. So if you don't know if a document was in OneDrive or Documents (say), well the Search feature covers both.
  • New Store app. New layout, new reworking.
  • Android apps arrives to Windows 11. You can now install and run your Android apps. These apps can be easily acquired from the new Store app.
  • The new Store now allowed developers to use their own ecommerce platform, instead of Microsoft (meaning Microsoft doesn't get a cut if the dev choose to not use Microsoft solution)
  • Store now supports other stores inside. Showcased was Amazon own app Store. 
  • Various touch improvements, including now ease of scaling and moving a window using touch. No more hunting for that pixel border with touch and fighting with your device.
  • New Snapping mode of Windows. You can now snap a window, not only side by side, or in quarters (2x2), but also have 3 way snap. Meaning 3 apps side-by-side. This is great for ultra wide monitors, and super ultra wide monitors. This is accessible via the maximize button
  • Skype has been removed from Windows. It is being replaced by one that most people use: Microsoft Teams. It also has integration with it, allowing one to quickly start and jump in a meeting from a single click.
  • Widgets makes a return after being introduced back in Windows Vista.
  • Multi-monitor support improvements. Program size and locations are now remembered when you disconnect a secondary monitor and plug it back in.
  • Interface adapts between touch and desktop mode if you have a convertible device.
  • The new interface animation engine was reworked to be faster, more responsive, and more fluid.
  • New Touch keyboard. Reworked touch keyboard, it is now faster and more responsive. Includes GIF support, voice typing, and theming.
  • Auto HDR mode for gaming
  • XBox Game Pass now included in Windows 11, and won't be "another app". It will be integrated in the XBox app, adding value to it.
  • WSLg. Allowing you run GUI based Linux applications under Windows. This support Audio, and GPU passthrough (CUDA) (requires special GPU drivers from AMD/Nvidia to be installed)

@Boomwebsearch 

Its Legacy

The SSD had Windows 8.1 on it originally and I recently upgraded it to Windows 10 when I upgraded my pc 

The proper way to change it is to disable CSM (compatibility support module) in your BIOS settings and then re-install Windows. 

I'm sure someone else will suggest some hack or script you can use to change from legacy mode to UEFI mode without reinstalling.  But I only support and condone proper methods. 

1 minute ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Yeah, I wouldn't really recommend doing this, you could damage your PC if you aren't careful.

⬇️

Oh man, widgets are back? Sign me up!

Right, so the answer to my question is "nothing."

All of this could have been a Win10 feature update.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

5 minutes ago, boomerangos said:

Its Legacy

3 minutes ago, chebsy said:

The proper way to change it is to disable CSM (compatibility support module) in your BIOS settings and then re-install Windows. 

I'm sure someone else will suggest some hack or script you can use to change from legacy mode to UEFI mode without reinstalling.  But I only support and condone proper methods. 

You don't really need to completely re-install Windows 10, it is actually a pretty easy fix to change it over to UEFI (given that you motherboard supports UEFI).

@Boomwebsearch 

You do not need Secure Boot enabled! You need to have your OS installed on UEFI and have TPM enabled. Secure Boot must be *able* to work, but you do *not* need it actually on.

Just now, Boomwebsearch said:

You don't really need to completely re-install Windows 10, it is actually a pretty easy fix to change it over to UEFI (given that you motherboard supports UEFI).

Told you someone would chime in lol.

You guys do what you want, I like to have everything set up perfectly from the beginning, to each his own.

7 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

image.png.5ba8801f75fa9961af693f105704da2b.png

image.png

Wow it didn't work, imagine that 🤣

18 minutes ago, chebsy said:

Wow it didn't work, imagine that 🤣

They are a few guides on this forum to convert a drive from MBR to GPT. I wrote one a while back using Win10 tool. 

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

They are a few guides on this forum to convert a drive from MBR to GPT. I wrote one a while back using Win10 tool. 

I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm sure your guide is great.  What I really don't understand is the aversion to clean installs.  Especially these days with cloud profiles for everything and importable/exportable application settings.  I can be back up and running in 20 minutes after a clean install like it never happened.  I clean install every time there is a new video card driver release it is so easy...  Maybe if I had slow internet I would feel differently though.

5 minutes ago, chebsy said:

I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm sure your guide is great.  What I really don't understand is the aversion to clean installs.  Especially these days with cloud profiles for everything and importable/exportable application settings.  I can be back up and running in 20 minutes after a clean install like it never happened.  I clean install every time there is a new video card driver release it is so easy...  Maybe if I had slow internet I would feel differently though.

because it takes forever to re-install all your apps, drivers and set them up again?
I don't know how your setup is complete in 20 minutes, it takes 15 minutes for the clean install itself to complete, and that doesn't even include the OOBE.

4 minutes ago, Ash_Kechummm said:

because it takes forever to re-install all your apps, drivers and set them up again?
I don't know how your setup is complete in 20 minutes, it takes 15 minutes for the clean install itself to complete, and that doesn't even include the OOBE.

20 minutes after landing at the desktop, but either way, I don't want to further derail this thread and I'm glad OP found the source of his problem.  Hopefully they can figure out the best way to convert to UEFI that works for them.  Cheers.