Fun Facts!

Tea1337

I haven't seen a thread like this here on the forums, so I thought why not! Here you can post 1 or more of your fun facts others may not know. Please keep them appropriate, and with that I will start.

For those who may not have known, every square centimeter of your body outputs MORE energy than every square centimeter of the sun!

I am 13 years old :)

Fun Fact!!

portal-cake.jpg

The Cake Is A Lie!  

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Betty White is older than sliced bread

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

FUN FACT(S)

Snakes and whales occasionally are born with vestigial hind legs/pelvis

spurs2.jpg

vestigial-whale1.gif

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Betty White is older than sliced bread

Also

Sophia from golden girls portrayed the oldest one of the bunch in the TV show.

In fact, she was the youngest of them in reality :)

Hail Sithis!

Trying to get rich by playing the lottery is like trying to commit suicide by going on a commercial airplane

Chance of winning at a 6 out of 49 type of lottery = 1 in 13.980.000

Chance of dying in a plane crash = 1 in 11.000.000

Laser is actually an acronym: light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation. I had to look that up again since there is no way I would want to remember what laser stands for, but at least it's not like TNT which is one word: trinitrotoluene.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Trying to get rich by playing the lottery is like trying to commit suicide by going on a commercial airplane

Chance of winning at a 6 out of 49 type of lottery = 1 in 13.980.000

Chance of dying in a plane crash = 1 in 11.000.000

Also you are exposed to more radiation/time by taking a flight than if you lived in Fukushima Japan.

Hail Sithis!

The highest point on earth is Mt Chimborazo in Ecuador, not Everest.

The worlds oldest know man made computer is from 100bc. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Thomas Crapper invented the floating ballcock. 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Crapper

I'll just leave this here^^

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

If bees eat colored honey they change to that color, the only reason they are yellow is because that is the color of the honey/nectar inside of them.

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

Finally! A thread I can dump all the useless information in my brain to. :D

Hail Sithis!

Finally! A thread I can dump all the useless information in my brain to. :D

Oh dear... this'll be fun. Glad I cleared my notifications.

tomorrow for me or today for others is Thursday. Thursday is one day before the end of the typical work week. and according to WIKI when the USSR was thing thursday was fish day, a day where fish was served instead of meat at all nation foodservice places. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

FUN FACT!!!

In quantum mechanics electrons for example behave as both a wave and a particle due to quantum superposition. However they behave differently when observed vs when not observed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M72pX5wlyE

Hail Sithis!

FUN FACT!!!

In quantum mechanics electrons for example behave as both a wave and a particle due to quantum superposition. However they behave differently when observed vs when not observed.

mind = blown

mind = blown

You want more?

Hail Sithis!

You want more?

Post as much random cool things here as you please

FUN FACT!!!

-snip-

LOL I remember watching that in my chem class

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Post as much random cool things here as you please

fun fact

beebskadoo is sexy as fook

Hail Sithis!

Did you know that an average human eats 35 000 cookies in a lifetime?

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

The highest point on earth is Mt Chimborazo in Ecuador, not Everest.

The worlds oldest know man made computer is from 100bc. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism

And I presume you had the privilege of using one of them when they first came out?

<3 

Hail Sithis!