I need someone to approve the compatibility of pc components

qboIodp

I need someone to approve the compatibility of pc components  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Are they compatible?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on Jul 15, 2021 at 11:00 AM

Here's a list of all the parts on: PCPartPicker.

(PS: ik about the graphics card, I'll get a 3060 12G as soon as the prices drop down)

(Current build):

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
  • MOBO: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming
  • RAMG.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16-19-19-39 16GB (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 3070 Ti MASTER 8G
  • Chassis: be quiet! Silent Base 802 Window
  • PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 Platinum 850W
  • AIO: be quiet! Pure Loop 360mm
  • Storage 1: Samsung 980 PRO 500GB M.2
  • Storage 2: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2
  • Storage 3: Samsung 870 EVO 500GB
  • Storage 4: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Cablemod Cables: CM-PCAB-BKIT-NKC-3PK

(Entire Setup➜ PCPartPicker)

I'd downgrade the RAM to 3600MHz, as anything above that you'll have a hard time getting to run thanks to the infinity fabric on Ryzen. It will work if you don't have it set to run at 4000MHz, but might as well save some money and get 3600MHz. Otherwise a pretty solid build. 

Compatible? Yes. Good? No not at all.

What are you going to do on this pc?

Like half the stuff in there makes no sense to get at all.

The board is expensive and doesnt do anything better than a cheaper board

The ssd is a gamble if you get a good or bad one as there are mutliple with the same name going from good to garbage and you CAN NOT know which you get.

Cooler is overkill and expensive.

Memory is bad. Ryzen performs best with 1:1 memory controller and memory frequency which is in this case 3600mhz.

8 minutes ago, qboIodp said:

Here's a list of all the parts on: PCPartPicker.

(PS: ik about the graphics card, I'll get a 3060 12G as soon as the prices drop down)

They are all "compatible" but there is still a lot I would change.
-Get rid of that X570 board. Instead, i'd get a cheaper B550 board, such as
-B550 Tomahawk
-B550 MPG
-B550 Aorus Elite V2
You don't need X570, as you have no PCIE Gen4 drives. If you wanted to add one in the future then you can.
I'd also drop that RAM kit to 3600 CL16. You do not need 4400, it is a massive waste of money and wont perform better than 3600.
That PSU seems pretty unnecessary. Is the 80+ Gold version of that PSU available?
I'd switch the AIO to an Arctic Freezer II 360. Should be a bit better thermally and a little cheaper.

Also if you are just gaming downgrade to a 5800x or 5600x.

Lastly, with all the money saved you can afford a 3070ti or 3080.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

12 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Compatible? Yes. Good? No not at all.

What are you going to do on this pc?

Like half the stuff in there makes no sense to get at all.

The board is expensive and doesnt do anything better than a cheaper board

The ssd is a gamble if you get a good or bad one as there are mutliple with the same name going from good to garbage and you CAN NOT know which you get.

Cooler is overkill and expensive.

Memory is bad. Ryzen performs best with 1:1 memory controller and memory frequency which is in this case 3600mhz.

I got a hella offer on all of the components (not used) and it's going to be used to it's full potential (about 20% gaming and 80% other). Trust me! 😉

(PS: of course ik they're overkill and I have been collecting money for a couple of years so it's now or never🤷‍♂️)

(Current build):

Do not buy the SX8200 Pro. They changed the controller inside without changing the model number or documenting it in any way, so some of them will be slower than spec, and of the two I own, one is in the process of failing on me in barely six months of use. 

4000mhz RAM is rather silly.

PSU is probably overkill.

Since you didn't tell us anything about what this PC will be used for, it's impossible to comment further on your part selections. 

However, I would recommend educating yourself and actually learning about what makes parts "compatible" with each other before you spend this much money. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Downkey said:

They are all "compatible" but there is still a lot I would change.
-Get rid of that X570 board. Instead, i'd get a cheaper B550 board, such as
-B550 Tomahawk
-B550 MPG
-B550 Aorus Elite V2
You don't need X570, as you have no PCIE Gen4 drives. If you wanted to add one in the future then you can.
I'd also drop that RAM kit to 3600 CL16. You do not need 4400, it is a massive waste of money and wont perform better than 3600.
That PSU seems pretty unnecessary. Is the 80+ Gold version of that PSU available?
I'd switch the AIO to an Arctic Freezer II 360. Should be a bit better thermally and a little cheaper.

Also if you are just gaming downgrade to a 5800x or 5600x.

Lastly, with all the money saved you can afford a 3070ti or 3080.

- About the gen4 drives, yeah that makes sense and I might actually consider it although I can get the x570 at around €240 instead of €300+

- The ram as I saw on an other comment will probably change too to 3600 and if I find cl16 (with no rgb)

- The aio is around €99 so that's probably not changing

- The CPU difference between 5800x and 5600x in my country is around €100 or less difference so that's why I said f**k it, I'm going overkill

- and about the gpu's nah man, again in Greece there is no chance of getting one anytime soon at sane prices. The cheapest I can find at a retailer (that they don't even have rn, I asked) is around 1k+ and online 1100+ sooo, that's out of the question.

(Current build):

5 minutes ago, qboIodp said:

- About the gen4 drives, yeah that makes sense and I might actually consider it although I can get the x570 at around €240 instead of €300+

- The ram as I saw on an other comment will probably change too to 3600 and if I find cl16 (with no rgb)

- The aio is around €99 so that's probably not changing

- The CPU difference between 5800x and 5600x in my country is around €100 or less difference so that's why I said f**k it, I'm going overkill

- and about the gpu's nah man, again in Greece there is no chance of getting one anytime soon at sane prices. The cheapest I can find at a retailer (that they don't even have rn, I asked) is around 1k+ and online 1100+ sooo, that's out of the question.

You have a 1060, just wait for stuff to get back to normal 😕

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

17 minutes ago, Downkey said:

You have a 1060, just wait for stuff to get back to normal 😕

As much I want, I Just can't! The prices of all the other components won't hold any longer.

(when I said that I'll buy a gpu when the prices get lower or when they have stock I meant at around September and the component's will be bought at mid-July so I believe that won't be a huge time difference. Right?)

(Current build):

19 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Do not buy the SX8200 Pro. They changed the controller inside without changing the model number or documenting it in any way, so some of them will be slower than spec, and of the two I own, one is in the process of failing on me in barely six months of use. 

4000mhz RAM is rather silly.

PSU is probably overkill.

Since you didn't tell us anything about what this PC will be used for, it's impossible to comment further on your part selections. 

However, I would recommend educating yourself and actually learning about what makes parts "compatible" with each other before you spend this much money. 

about the m.2: thanks, it has been noted!!!

- Ram is definitely changing to 3600

- PSU is overkill but at the price of €149...

Yeah It will be mostly editing and programming.

btw what you mean by "educating myself". Can you please explain what more should I know? (I actually want to know what you mean)

(Current build):

31 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

I'd downgrade the RAM to 3600MHz, as anything above that you'll have a hard time getting to run thanks to the infinity fabric on Ryzen. It will work if you don't have it set to run at 4000MHz, but might as well save some money and get 3600MHz. Otherwise a pretty solid build. 

Ram is definitely changing to 3600 after I did some more research and I know what you mean now.

(Current build):

5 minutes ago, qboIodp said:

btw what you mean by "educating myself". Can you please explain what more should I know? (I actually want to know what you mean)

I think what was meant - as far as PC building and components are concerned - is that "just because you can (buy the best on the market), it doesn't (always) mean that you must"; but @Middcore may have had a slightly different definition in mind.

As long as you build your machine to do what you plan to use it for the most often, any other uses should a remain secondary consideration.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

11 minutes ago, qboIodp said:

Research what parts of a PC do what. Research the standards for each one so you actually know what is compatible and what is not. 

The "omg is everything compatible guyz 😰😖😟" fears most newbies have are unfounded. Any modern graphics card goes in a PCI-e slot on any modern board. Any DDR4 RAM is compatible with any board (though it may not necessarily run at the full speed it's rated for). Etc. But as long as you don't actually understand what you're doing you'll always be in doubt and always be at the mercy of strangers on the internet to reassure you. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

14 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Research what parts of a PC do what. Research the standards for each one so you actually know what is compatible and what is not. 

The "omg is everything compatible guyz 😰😖😟" fears most newbies have are unfounded. Any modern graphics card goes in a PCI-e slot on any modern board. Any DDR4 RAM is compatible with any board (though it may not necessarily run at the full speed it's rated for). Etc. But as long as you don't actually understand what you're doing you'll always be in doubt and always be at the mercy of strangers on the internet to reassure you. 

Bruh I know a thing or two about pc's😬. I just don't know if any of the components will cause trouble Specifically at games, that's a small concern and that's why I posted the whole thread from the beginning, not to reassure that "I hAvE cHosEn cOmPatIble pArtS", specifically about the gpu but I didn't make that specific in the post because I First wanted to make sure that there ISN't another problem beside the gpu that I haven't foreseen.

Also by this I found out about "infinity fabric" and what it does so now I'm changing a component, ram... (btw, first time amd build)

(Current build):