No POST problem made my friends PC not POST aswell.

Go to solution Solved by Leon_Elliot,
6 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Keep us in the loop, I'd very curious what you find out.

OOOOKAY. The problem or better problems are completely confirmed. So what we did when I came to his place is we both scrambled our PC's part by part and started from scratch. Two empty mobos on the table. First we put all he has in my motherboard, so GPU, CPU, RAM, SSD and connected it to his PSU which is modular so that we don't mess too much with cables. And guess what, it booted. It took like 30 seconds to even show the asrock logo, we were going to turn everything off but it booted, checked the disk and booted into his windows. After that we were very very confused since we did that earlier in my case with pretty much same components and it didn't work so what is the problem now since everything works. We go one by one. We switch out the RAM one by one then put both. Works in every case. Put my GPU back, it boots THANK GOD. So now it's narrowed to either SSD or CPU which makes no sense. We put my SSD and it boots into my windows. So its my processor 100%. After that its like okay my processor is dead that's why it didn't boot but what's wrong with his PC? I mean all the components worked before we were combining our components for the first time, it can't be the mobo right? So we put his CPU, GPU, RAM, SSD onto his mobo. It doesn't boot. We try a few more combos, it doesn't boot. In the end his motherboard somehow died and it happened in the process of me testing my GPU aswell as SSD and RAM on it??? But all in all with process of elimination we narrowed it down to what died and what didn't and thankfully I can RMA my processor and he can RMA his mobo since we both have warranty. The whole problem and process of solving it in the end was very funny and bizzare. Not one post gave us even the idea of something like this occuring but we solved it, together, somehow. Thank you for your replies and I hope this helps someone in the future. 

2 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Alright, what happens if you swap just the motherboards between the two systems?

Or the CPU?

Just now, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

Or the CPU?

First motherboards. OP said he's quite sure that the motherboard is the problem, and if friend's board makes the system boot then the motherboard is the problem.

elephants

Leon friend here from post we figure it out that his cpu is broken how we dont know, but interesting thing is that between all that my mother bored died so that is reason why my pc didnt work later.

2 hours ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

Wow, really? Looks like I lack too much..
Putting NEW parts in a PC which is NOT WORKING and you DO NOT KNOW WHY seems really logical.

-.-

Its actually how we solve most prolems here, trial and error. And its not like theres a gazillion parts to test either, gpu, mobo, psu, ram, rarely cpu and youre usually done. most of the time its gpu, mobo or psu tbh.

And in the end it doesnt really matter if you put your parts into another pc or other parts in your pc, the trial and error approach is exactly the same.

Except if you have a faulty part that shorts out other parts then putting those into another, working pc is not the greatest of ideas… which of course is rare but a risk one should think twice about… actually, no one putting their possibly faulty gpu or psu into my pc, i can guarantee you that. 🤷‍♂️

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

6 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Keep us in the loop, I'd very curious what you find out.

OOOOKAY. The problem or better problems are completely confirmed. So what we did when I came to his place is we both scrambled our PC's part by part and started from scratch. Two empty mobos on the table. First we put all he has in my motherboard, so GPU, CPU, RAM, SSD and connected it to his PSU which is modular so that we don't mess too much with cables. And guess what, it booted. It took like 30 seconds to even show the asrock logo, we were going to turn everything off but it booted, checked the disk and booted into his windows. After that we were very very confused since we did that earlier in my case with pretty much same components and it didn't work so what is the problem now since everything works. We go one by one. We switch out the RAM one by one then put both. Works in every case. Put my GPU back, it boots THANK GOD. So now it's narrowed to either SSD or CPU which makes no sense. We put my SSD and it boots into my windows. So its my processor 100%. After that its like okay my processor is dead that's why it didn't boot but what's wrong with his PC? I mean all the components worked before we were combining our components for the first time, it can't be the mobo right? So we put his CPU, GPU, RAM, SSD onto his mobo. It doesn't boot. We try a few more combos, it doesn't boot. In the end his motherboard somehow died and it happened in the process of me testing my GPU aswell as SSD and RAM on it??? But all in all with process of elimination we narrowed it down to what died and what didn't and thankfully I can RMA my processor and he can RMA his mobo since we both have warranty. The whole problem and process of solving it in the end was very funny and bizzare. Not one post gave us even the idea of something like this occuring but we solved it, together, somehow. Thank you for your replies and I hope this helps someone in the future. 

23 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Its actually how we solve most prolems here, trial and error

That is true, but my point was not to try new components on a bad PC

most of the time its gpu, mobo or psu tbh.

Yea, thats correct.

Except if you have a faulty part that shorts out other parts then putting those into another, working pc is not the greatest of ideas

I dont think if a part that shorts out others in someway would look in working condition to anyone....

no one putting their possibly faulty gpu or psu into my pc, i can guarantee you that.

Yea, faulty PSU is clearly a nogo.. But other components can be switched to see if they are faulty or not correct? That is if you have another working PC around you.

This is all assuming you DO NOT KNOW wth is wrong with your computer 😄

1 hour ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

That is true, but my point was not to try new components on a bad PC

I've done that for testing purposes. Didnt know motherboard was bad, but it surely didnt make it worse.

Indeed only thing i'd be careful about is the PSU, have a bad one of those and you can fry all your hardware.

But for testing purposes its not an issue.

On 6/13/2021 at 6:16 PM, Mark Kaine said:

And in the end it doesnt really matter if you put your parts into another pc or other parts in your pc, the trial and error approach is exactly the same.

Having completely no idea what one is doing however can be very dangerous. And that was thing we where discussing.

22 hours ago, Leon_Elliot said:

Thank you very much for reporting back and marking your answer as the solution. It might help others. 😄

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!