Intels Back door fire sales to be planning!!!! What happening to INTEL

Hello Guys,

I heard Linus talk about Backdoor Fire sales on in INTEL........

I like to know about more updates on this.

30 minutes ago, Peestain37 said:

I wonder if things are going downhill behind the scene & they’re emptying their stock to make a quick buck while they can

Lol. Intel is a 300 billion dollar company that dominates the market. They’re not going anywhere…

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

Coming to end of financial year, actualise profit reduce inventory. Just making a guess here, I didnt see the ltt bit your talking about, dont watch much ltt these days 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

6 hours ago, Vitamanic said:

Lol. Intel is a 300 billion dollar company that dominates the market. They’re not going anywhere…

LOL +1   With the disclosure that I have been an Intel shareholder for two decades, I note that Intel stock is up about 15% on the year and AMD stock is down 10%.  While lots of LTT folks swear by Ryzen CPUs, the gaming community is but a small player in the global tech market.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

True but with AMD now getting ready to release high end apus in the next few months & ryzen business cpus in the pipeline the future of intel isn’t looking too great because amd already has better cpus than intel that can be overclocked with no premium & lower prices

3 hours ago, Peestain37 said:

True but with AMD now getting ready to release high end apus in the next few months & ryzen business cpus in the pipeline the future of intel isn’t looking too great because amd already has better cpus than intel that can be overclocked with no premium & lower prices

99%+ of the market doesn’t care about overclocking or integrated GPU performance.

AMD could ship a processor that shits gold bricks out of the back of your case and it still wouldn’t change the market share because they can’t scale. Until they figure out a way to scale their production, they’ll never pose a threat. They also have a looooot of work to do in the server/professional department to catch up with features and business relationships.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

They probably need to clear inventory for their two brand new CPUs....

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

16 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

AMD could ship a processor that shits gold bricks out of the back of your case and it still wouldn’t change the market share because they can’t scale

I would like to buy one of these please. It doesn't even have to run windows XD
Also can you explain why they can't scale? I'm genuinely unaware of what their limitations are

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

4 hours ago, Peestain37 said:

Are you fucking shitting me with this?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

22 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

AMD could ship a processor that shits gold bricks out of the back of your case and it still wouldn’t change the market share because they can’t scale

Reminds me of those good old 2012 trollface memes.

Step 1: buy AMD cpu

Step 2: make gold

Step 3: make more amd cpus with gold

step 4: be rich

6 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

I would like to buy one of these please. It doesn't even have to run windows XD
Also can you explain why they can't scale? I'm genuinely unaware of what their limitations are

Not as great production capacity. Hell, they were expected to go bankrupt by 2021! In previous years, AMD had really fallen behind, and now can't handle the production capacity of the new surge of people actually buying their stuff for once.

1 minute ago, wat3rmelon_man2 said:

Not as great production capacity. Hell, they were expected to go bankrupt by 2021! In previous years, AMD had really fallen behind, and now can't handle the production capacity of the new surge of people actually buying their stuff for once.

To expand on that, from the news I've listened to over the last couple years, they have had better success with intel on the chip size, so is it just intel has more factories or more money? Does Zen being so successful change that and give them the money to scale?

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

2 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

To expand on that, from the news I've listened to over the last couple years, they have had better success with intel on the chip size, so is it just intel has more factories or more money? Does Zen being so successful change that and give them the money to scale?

Well, people are buying their GPUs for once too. They also have to focus on that. Plus there's that whole global shortage thing.

5 minutes ago, wat3rmelon_man2 said:

Just remember that AMD no longer produces their own silicon since ~2009 or so, when they spun off their semiconductor fabs into a company called GlobalFoundries. They just have contracts with TSMC for how much node manufacturing slice they can get from the whole to produce X amount of chips. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

3 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

Just remember that AMD no longer produces their own silicon since ~2009 or so, when they spun off their semiconductor fabs into a company called GlobalFoundries. They just have contracts with TSMC for how much node manufacturing slice they can get from the whole to produce X amount of chips. 

does this mean they are better or worse at scaling now?

1 minute ago, Jtalk4456 said:

does this mean they are better or worse at scaling now?

Scaling as in how much chips they can get for the price?? Way worse now since the semiconductor shortage and TSMC is at 100% manufacturing capacity to try and keep up. Last I heard, Apple has been buying up 53% of TSMC's 5nm manufacturing process for 2021. This probably won't affect AMD as much since they are using TSMC's 7nm process. Too bad AMD can't buy back GlobalFoundries and make their own chips again, but GF has given up on smaller manufacturing nodes a couple years back. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

Scaling as in how much chips they can get for the price?? Way worse now since the semiconductor shortage and TSMC is at 100% manufacturing capacity to try and keep up. Last I heard, Apple has been buying up 53% of TSMC's 5nm manufacturing process for 2021. This probably won't affect AMD as much since they are using TSMC's 7nm process. Too bad AMD can't buy back GlobalFoundries and make their own chips again, but GF has given up on smaller manufacturing nodes a couple years back. 

assuming the shortage disappeared and we're back to normal, does contracting the production out increase their scalability or limit them?

3 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

assuming the shortage disappeared and we're back to normal, does contracting the production out increase their scalability or limit them?

If there was no shortage, AMD would have to renegotiate their contract with TSMC to offer more money for more chips. I'm sure AMD would have to weigh in and review the data/analyze to see whether it's worth it or not in the end to do so to ensure they're making money. 

23 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

If there was no shortage, AMD would have to renegotiate their contract with TSMC to offer more money for more chips. I'm sure AMD would have to weigh in and review the data/analyze to see whether it's worth it or not in the end to do so to ensure they're making money. 

so depending on finances it COULD increase their scalability, but the question is whether scaling would be beneficial enough for them

Just now, Jtalk4456 said:

so depending on finances it COULD increase their scalability, but the question is whether scaling would be beneficial enough for them

That's pretty much what it'll boil down to, just economics and whether it'll be profitable or not. 

if AMD could keep up with the demand then couldn’t they bring down intel over time because people want their products over intels?

To be clear I’m not saying intel is going bankrupt right now I’m saying they will eventually lose to AMD because they now have the groundwork laid for it

16 minutes ago, Peestain37 said:

if AMD could keep up with the demand then couldn’t they bring down intel over time because people want their products over intels?

you truely have no idea how massive intel is. So no.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Intel and AMD are not competitors. They swap engineers and Chief this-n-thats all the time. Its most evident in tech reviewers charts, where the performance difference between competing products is below 10%. This shifts products from being competitive to alternative. 

Doing a "backdoor fire sale" is nothing more than a means of making noise. On the macro end of the scale, investors see shipped units and possible re-fresh in shares. Aka revenue from which investors can get some earnings. On the micro end of the scale, this move allows Intel to sniff out "middle man" shenaningans. 

Tho what kind of noise it makes for Q4 2021... thats interesting to see in Q2 earnings report