The Fastest Gaming CPU is… Intel?

AlexTheGreatish

Intel's FINALLY delivered us a high powered CPU on 10nm and it's real fast... but I have some problems with their marketing.

Buy Gigabyte AORUS 15P Laptop (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/B2LE

Buy ASUS ROG Strix Scar 15 Laptop (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/wVNnHKA

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

Are there any plans to test the iGPU on these things?

Not that they are fast but, are the drivers like, functional?

Xe graphics drivers were not there when the cpu's launched and the flickering of the intel laptop at 1:03 has me worried...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Choose Intel.
"You're not automatically an idiot" - Linus Sebastian

That's something Intel should add to their homepage...

Isn't the 99 Wh max on the battery because of airline regulations and not "by law"?

Intel: Doing things right since the beginning (most of the time) but getting most things wrong since 2017. If anyone at Intel is watching this video, someone likely lost their job for sending that laptop 🤣

What happened to the panel on the poor little Intel laptop at 1 minute in? Did Linus say too many mean things about it and it shorted itself out crying?

Oh Linus is wrong (and/or the title), the fastest gaming cpu doesn't exist and will never exist since there will always be a better one coming up.

12 minutes ago, CyberneticTitan said:

Isn't the 99 Wh max on the battery because of airline regulations and not "by law"?

Regulations are a type of law, just instead of facing fines, suits or criminal actions (unless your actions have clear intention of harm) you can be denied service, the regulations also come from a government agency that oversees all air travel in said country.

I've not found anyone dumb enough (online) to attempt to carry on something that exceeds guidelines, probably because it would result in missing the flight lol.

Props to whomever wrote the Whose Line is it Anyway reference 👍

22 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

Intel: Doing things right since the beginning (most of the time) but getting most things wrong since 2017. If anyone at Intel is watching this video, someone likely lost their job for sending that laptop 🤣

What happened to the panel on the poor little Intel laptop at 1 minute in? Did Linus say too many mean things about it and it shorted itself out crying?

Oh Linus is wrong (and/or the title), the fastest gaming cpu doesn't exist and will never exist since there will always be a better one coming up.

Regulations are a type of law, just instead of facing fines, suits or criminal actions (unless your actions have clear intention of harm) you can be denied service, the regulations also come from a government agency that oversees all air travel in said country.

I've not found anyone dumb enough (online) to attempt to carry on something that exceeds guidelines, probably because it would result in missing the flight lol.

If I never go on an airplane, it doesn't affect me.

Well, the differences in FPS aren´t something where i would say i´d pay more than for AMD tbh.I really don´t give a flying if i have 137 or 145 FPS. At those differences it´s all about the price. Or making sure AMD get´s bigger, so the competition stays alive. 

On 5/31/2021 at 1:34 PM, xnamkcor said:

If I never go on an airplane, it doesn't affect me.

It's not about you, it's about maximizing their consumer base. If they make a battery bigger than 100Wh then that device can't go on the plane and that could be a choice between buying it vs not. By not offering that option at all they remove the risk of complaints as well, regardless how many warnings you throw at the consumer about not being able to board a plane.

Imagine laptop/device makers as a automotive company like Ford, GM etc. They offer a very wide variety of a lot of units from tiny units to monster units and each unit has a wide variety of options, however you are within their restrictions of production abilities, self limiting or not. So if it is their best interest to design and manufacture all batteries under the 100Wh requirement because of either market share or ease of manufacturing, you are stuck with what they give you. LG used the same battery for many of their phones for that year of release at least, most companies do as it limits stock waste for spare parts and eases manufacturing.

Just imagine buying a gaming laptop and then being told you can't/shouldn't take that beast anywhere because you can't fly with it. Who in their right mind would actually buy it? Very few, it's a risk not worth risking, and defeats the purpose of having a laptop, not to mention that laptop could be the difference between a disastrous flight to a semi enjoyable one.

On 5/30/2021 at 11:09 AM, CyberneticTitan said:

He is basically just calling the requirements of the airlines for safety reasons law. They are a government agency though, so I guess the word law can be used interchangeably.

6 hours ago, JohnDeereBro said:

He is basically just calling the requirements of the airlines for safety reasons law. They are a government agency though, so I guess the word law can be used interchangeably.

Her omitted the "airline" part. Making it sound like the law applied at all times.

On 6/1/2021 at 7:44 PM, xnamkcor said:

Her omitted the "airline" part. Making it sound like the law applied at all times.

Pretty much.