I got a ryzen 5 3600 a while ago, but it seems like it's overheating with the stock cooler? Need advice.

Lotinsh

I've noticed that my cpu goes up to 85C in 5 minutes of intensive cpu games, it's gone to the point that Bf5 and Need for speed and other cpu intensive games are unplayable, my pc just crashes without a warning, first I thought it was my gpu, but when I monitored it, it stays at 60-70 degrees. I't could be something else maybe? It just seems to much of a coincidence that all cpu intensive games mostly crash my pc. 

Should I apply new thermal paste or get a new cooler?

I'm using the stock cooler.

Any advice is welcome.

Edit: my audio also seems to start stuttering when cpu load is high, which is annoying tbh.

Did you tighten the cooler down properly? It shouldn't be that hot. But more importantly, it shouldn't be crashing.

Did you overclock or turn on Precision Boost Overdrive?

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Honestly don't know what PBO is so I can't say I turned it on, if it is on it was on by default. I'm pretty sure I did tighten the cooler enough.

16 hours ago, Lotinsh said:

Honestly don't know what PBO is so I can't say I turned it on, if it is on it was on by default. I'm pretty sure I did tighten the cooler enough.

Its on by default. Also, if you have Asus mobo, you might have auto-OC on besides it. Your issues might be about bit more than just high CPU temps as 85C is not trouble for Ryzen. Its high, but not serious.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Check for bent pins, Check for thermal compound in the socket, I found a bit in mine but unfortunately still did not fix it. I would recommend another cooler as it can help with those temps for sure. The asus oc thing is real, I'm running an Asus Prime Z390-A and It automatically overclocks my 9900KF which is what we *think* killed it. 

I found the issue, it was auto overclock, I turned it off and it runs really well now, I'm going to order a new cooler soon so I should be fine to turn it on again 🙂 thanks