How to make a processing maze game?

How to make a maze game where you can exit in processing?
It doesn't have to be nicely done, this game is enough to have something that can be controlled to exit the maze.

There are almost no processing tutorials on the Internet, and many of the other programming codes are all about one programming code where they translate from beginning to end.

1 hour ago, GamerGry123 said:

How to make a maze game where you can exit in processing?

I assume this is a language barrier, but what do you mean by "in processing"? This part of your question is really unclear to me. Processing, in computer terms, is the act of calculating something. It's something the computer does, not the developer. I assume you mean something like "How to implement a maze game where the computer generates a random maze and a player can then navigate the maze in order to find the exit".

1 hour ago, GamerGry123 said:

There are almost no processing tutorials on the Internet, and many of the other programming codes are all about one programming code where they translate from beginning to end.

Tutorials for developers are generally concerned with teaching concepts and algorithms and are not step-by-step guides on how to write one particular type of program or game. You don't learn how to develop Excel, you learn how to develop and then you apply that knowledge to write a spreadsheet application.

The internet contains a huge amount of resources for software developers. It might help if ask more concrete questions like "Algorithm to generate a random maze". You might find there's a fair number of these algorithms available. Your job as a developer would be to implement the algorithm in whatever language you're experienced with. As a start if might help if you search for "<algorithm> in <programming language of choice>", this might yield some examples.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

2 hours ago, GamerGry123 said:

There are almost no processing tutorials on the Internet

https://processing.org/tutorials/

2 hours ago, GamerGry123 said:

How to make a maze game

1. generate the maze: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maze_generation_algorithm#Recursive_implementation For the grid you could use a 2D array of objects https://processing.org/tutorials/objects/ or another option would be encoding the walls using bits inside an integer (1st bit north wall, 2nd bit east wall and so on).

2. draw the maze

3. take user input and draw a circle accordingly on the grid

4. jump to step 2

A simple sketch I found online where you can move a circle around:

Spoiler

float updown;
float leftright;
int a;

void setup(){
  size(750,750);
  updown=300;
  leftright=50;
}
void draw(){
  background(255,255,255);
  noStroke();
  fill(0,0,0);
  ellipse(leftright, updown, 25, 25);
  if(keyPressed==true){
    if(key=='a'){
      leftright=leftright-5;
    }
    if(key=='d'){
      leftright=leftright+5;
    }
    if(key=='w'){
      updown=updown-5;
    }
    if(key=='s'){
      updown=updown+5;
    }
  }

}

ಠ_ಠ

8 minutes ago, shadow_ray said:

@Eigenvektor https://processing.org/ - "Processing is a flexible software sketchbook and a language for learning how to code within the context of the visual arts."

Mea culpa. A big hurray for an obvious non-generic name for such a platform. I totally interpreted "I want to do X in processing" as broken English 🤪

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 hour ago, Eigenvektor said:

Mea culpa. A big hurray for an obvious non-generic name for such a platform. I totally interpreted "I want to do X in processing" as broken English 🤪

Same here. I do not blame you at all. 

Out of all languages to use to learn, something with very limited resources seems counter intuitive 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 hour ago, Slottr said:

Same here. I do not blame you at all. 

Out of all languages to use to learn, something with very limited resources seems counter intuitive 

It's a "language" made for visual designers to get results in the quickest possible way. Main focus is animation, visualisation and simulations.

It's not really a new language but a massively stripped and dumbed down version of Java.

If you have a choice and intend to actually learn programming, people should stay as clear as possible from it.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

On 27.05.2021 at 23:29, bowrilla said:

Jest to „język” stworzony dla projektantów wizualnych, aby uzyskiwać wyniki w najszybszy możliwy sposób. Główny nacisk kładziony jest na animację, wizualizację i symulacje.

To naprawdę nie jest nowy język, ale ogromnie okrojona i ogłupiona wersja Javy.

Jeśli masz wybór i zamierzasz faktycznie nauczyć się programowania, ludzie powinni trzymać się tego z dystansem.

So you mean that processing is not programming right? Processing is the cut version of Java?

I have this opinion on this subject, I believe that processing will not be useful anywhere, even there are no job offers where processing is required. And if you can Python, there are a lot of job offers and a lot of movies on the Internet about the same where Python is explained and you can learn something, and with processing nothing is on the Internet.

18 hours ago, GamerGry123 said:

So you mean that processing is not programming right? Processing is the cut version of Java?

I have this opinion on this subject, I believe that processing will not be useful anywhere, even there are no job offers where processing is required. And if you can Python, there are a lot of job offers and a lot of movies on the Internet about the same where Python is explained and you can learn something, and with processing nothing is on the Internet.

Processing seems like a fancy front on top of Java. So a dumb down version of it. Java is pretty easy as it is. It is very often the first language taught in school. It is a C based language so from there you can shift to nearly any other programming language and be at ease. Syntax is a bit easier than C or C++ to follow. A bunch of coding feature are abstracted and done for you that you do not need to deal with when starting programming as it's useless for you at this stage and maybe ever.