Cutting out a micro usb port cleanly

BrownZeus

Does anyone have any tips or tricks to cleanly cut out a microusb port in plastic?

I have raspberry pi project that I have in a more or less custom platic enclosure, I just want to cleanly have access to the microusb port to power the project. the hole is too small for a router or drill bit to do the cut

A 3mm or 1/8" milling bit will work.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

last time i put a hole for a micro usb port in a project i just drilled a 6mm hole and squared it out, then mounted the board about 5mm deep in the enclosure. result: the hole is now also strain relief for the connector.

as for actually cutting a micro usb sized hole cleanly.. you need some fine tools to make such a small rectangular-ish hole. if the plastic isnt too hard and too thick, just a very sharp boxcutter will probably come close.