Will using a "smoked" motherboard in my PC affect the other brand new components?

Title kinda says it all.

I have bought a secondhand motherboard from a smoker and after cleaning it with IPA and letting it air out it still smells.

Now that I've got most of my PC I want to build the thing and see if it ever starts. The problem is that I have a brand new case, a brand new
PSU and a brand new cooler and I am worried that after some use all the other components will end up smelling like cigarettes.

Will this happen or am I good to go?

11 minutes ago, Albert F said:

Will this happen

Yes.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

There is a way to deal with it.
I did a video a few years ago on how I dealt with some things I had that were "Smoke Damaged".
I'm not allowed to post the vid link here (LTT"s TOS prohibits this) but will PM it to you.

As for the stuff Youtube woudn't alow to be shown thanks to their own "Thing" about copyrights and such I could not show what I was using in the vid as the cleaner but can show it here.
Use it wisely and never as a straight mix..... 4:1 ratio (4 parts water to 1 part cleaner) works fine:
Keep your hands out of it if at all possible ( Dry's skin out like mad) and definitely have a way to rinse the parts IMMEDIATELY after use!
eb2e0288abd310008b9caf93e1688faaa60cec62_12463_01.jpg.a89aea00bc70d2711cbfcc8337ad6441.jpg

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

1 hour ago, Beerzerker said:

There is a way to deal with it.
I did a video a few years ago on how I dealt with some things I had that were "Smoke Damaged".
I'm not allowed to post the vid link here (LTT"s TOS prohibits this) but will PM it to you.

As for the stuff Youtube woudn't alow to be shown thanks to their own "Thing" about copyrights and such I could not show what I was using in the vid as the cleaner but can show it here.
Use it wisely and never as a straight mix..... 4:1 ratio (4 parts water to 1 part cleaner) works fine:
Keep your hands out of it if at all possible ( Dry's skin out like mad) and definitely have a way to rinse the parts IMMEDIATELY after use!
eb2e0288abd310008b9caf93e1688faaa60cec62_12463_01.jpg.a89aea00bc70d2711cbfcc8337ad6441.jpg

Couldn't you just use IPA (with a brush etc)?

I mean afaik theres almost no risk (other than being also careful not to get in contact with it)

Ive cleaned my VRMs, gpus, cpus,  cpu trays, and other parts on the mobo, fans etc with 99%.IPA ... seems fine

Also my all time  fav: 

PCB cleaner! (p. sure also works as "contact spray")

https://www.amazon.de/Unbekannt-84013-AA-KONTAKT-Leiterplattenreiniger-400ml/dp/B003A6D06M

(i bet this stuff is available nearly world wide, although maybe not this brand)

That said i think unless its really sticking with nicotine i doubt any special treatment will be necessary and any smell, if present will go away after a few months.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity