Google to split stock: GOOG and GOOGL

Fred Castellum

SOURCE: http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2014/03/31/google-investors-are-about-to-get-goog-and-googl-shares-in-stock-split/

As google grows bigger over the years their stock value increases. They've made the decision to split their stock in half to make investing in their company not as expensive. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

that is a very smart move on Google's part. plus this makes it easier for people to invest, that means more people invest more money for Google.

Similar to what Warren Buffet did with Berkshire Hathaway stock, splitting it into two classes. Good on you, Google.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

wow also how much does a share worth ATM, last time i checked was when the hit 1000$ a share?

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Was expecting this to happen soon... but I would've guessed a 1:3 split, actually. Good news nonetheless.

Cheers,

Linus

wow also how much does a share worth ATM, last time i checked was when the hit 1000$ a share?

They were going for $1300 a piece for a while. It's $1114.51 per share at the moment. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

They were going for $1300 a piece for a while. It's $1114.51 per share at the moment. 

damn, that has to be the wet dream of an early investor

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Is this a direct response to Facebook's recent spending spree? Restructuring to allow the take over of other firms with stock.

Is this a direct response to Facebook's recent spending spree? Restructuring to allow the take over of other firms with stock.

No this is a business move to encourage more investors to buy their company shares. They've been planning to do this for months now, its been quite a while. 

Has no connection with Facebook at all from what I see.

damn, that has to be the wet dream of an early investor

Haha you could say that. I know someone who bought a couple of hundred google shares around $800 - $900 each. Needless to say he made a killing. 

No this is a business move to encourage more investors to buy their company shares. They've been planning to do this for months now, its been quite a while. 

Has no connection with Facebook at all from what I see.

Quote From Article:

“Classic founder move” was how BGC Partners analyst Colin Gillis described it to MarketWatch, adding that the new structure would give Google more flexibility in terms of M&A deals and offering stock incentives.

“They couldn’t do a big deal before using stock because it changes the voting rights,” he said. “Now, they’ve got a mechanism where they can use their paper for deals and not lose their majority voting rights.”

That to me seems to make a lot of sense for Google, right now.

Quote From Article:

That to me seems to make a lot of sense for Google, right now.

We traders see nothing but more potential money from this news article hahaha.

We traders see nothing but more potential money from this news article hahaha.

Haha, nice. Just be sure to trade em in, before the bubble bursts.