"INPUT SIGNAL OUT OF RANGE" while using a HDMI to VGA converter

Dextruct
Go to solution Solved by VioDuskar,
5 minutes ago, Dextruct said:

My monitor does not support hdmi so I tried using a hdmi to vga adapter but every time my mointor even doesnt show the boot menu instead it shows a error in monitor saying Input Signal Out Of Range Change Settings to 1366x768 60Hz. I already connected with another monitor which supports hdmi and it works fine and I changed resolution to as lowest as possible but it stills shows the same error. So how can I fix this? is there another kind of adapter that I should use? My monitor model:- HP Compaq LE1902x

-snip-

you should use a powered adapter. also known as an active adapter.
HDMI is digital, VGA is analog, so you need an active adapter that will "translate" the HDMI input into VGA for the monitor. 

My monitor does not support hdmi so I tried using a hdmi to vga adapter but every time my mointor even doesnt show the boot menu instead it shows a error in monitor saying Input Signal Out Of Range Change Settings to 1366x768 60Hz. I already connected with another monitor which supports hdmi and it works fine and I changed resolution to as lowest as possible but it stills shows the same error. So how can I fix this? is there another kind of adapter that I should use? My monitor model:- HP Compaq LE1902x

HDMI-To-VGA-Converter-Price-in-Bangladesh.jpg

5 minutes ago, Dextruct said:

-snip-

HDMI is digital, VGA is analog, so you need an active adapter that will "translate" the HDMI input into VGA for the monitor. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Did you change the resolution to 1366x768?
And make sure the Hz is at 60?

Sounds like thats the only resolution supported by the adapter?

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

20 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Did you change the resolution to 1366x768?
And make sure the Hz is at 60?

Sounds like thats the only resolution supported by the adapter?

yes i even changed the refresh rate to 59 and res exactly the same as error, i even lowered than that

23 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

can you please provide a pic or Amazon/ebay link

1 hour ago, VioDuskar said:

There is so much confusion over passive and active adapters... It should be noted that even this adapter is "active", it just receives its power from the HDMI port, rather than an external power supply. I have used adapters like these for years in our work environment as we upgrade PCs, but keep older monitors. As you even mentioned, without conversion circuitry, it couldn't possibly work as HDMI does not natively output an analog signal. So if it was truly passive, it would be a worthless hunk of plastic and wire.

All that said, these type of devices don't allow EDID passthrough, meaning your system has no idea what resolution your monitor can accept. If you hook up an hdmi monitor briefly just to give yourself a display, you should be able to force the correct resolution onto the adapter in Windows.

Another thing to look for: what are your PC specs? If you're using Intel iGPU, sometimes it doesn't play nice with those adapters and requires changing resolutions/refresh rates in the Intel console, rather than in Windows' settings.

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

9 hours ago, Kid.Lazer said:

If you hook up an hdmi monitor briefly just to give yourself a display, you should be able to force the correct resolution onto the adapter in Windows.

Another thing to look for: what are your PC specs? If you're using Intel iGPU, sometimes it doesn't play nice with those adapters and requires changing resolutions/refresh rates in the Intel console, rather than in Windows' settings.

Can you please tell me how to force the correct resolution for my adapter ?
My specs:-

Core i3 4160

8gb ddr3 1600 bus speed ram

MSI R7 260X 2gb ddr5 OC

Unfortunately, the only option would most likely be to connect 2 displays, the one you're trying to adapt, and one other display that works natively. That way you can mess with settings on the working monitor until you get your VGA model to function.

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

• 2 months later...

THAT FIX WORKING FOR ME:

In windows 10:

1) Configuración de Pantalla (Screen Setup)

2) Configuración de Pantalla Avanzada (Advanced screen setup)

3) Elegir la pantalla con el problema (Choose Screen with the problem)

4) Cambiar la frecuencia de actualización (change Frecuency)

5) A mi me funcionó 60.02 Hz (Worked for me 60.02 Hz)

twitch account: www.twitch.tv/mayor_boomer

Bye