PS4 Reaches 7 Million Shipments Globally

qwertywarrior

Over 7 million units of the Sony PlayStation 4 have been shipped across the globe, extending the lead over Microsoft's Xbox One to over 3 million. In the extended last week of March (17 to 28), PS4 outsold the Xbox One a stunning 7:1 in PAL regions. On the last weekend (March 21-23) alone, 100,000 PS4s were sold in PAL regions, including the UK. A total of 180,000 units was sold in the extended week, while Microsoft managed to move a meager 25,000 Xbox One unit in the same time period.

ouch .......

http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/8092/ps4-reaches-7-million-shipments-globally.html

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Over 7 million units of the Sony PlayStation 4 have been shipped across the globe, extending the lead over Microsoft's Xbox One to over 3 million. In the extended last week of March (17 to 28), PS4 outsold the Xbox One a stunning 7:1 in PAL regions. On the last weekend (March 21-23) alone, 100,000 PS4s were sold in PAL regions, including the UK. A total of 180,000 units was sold in the extended week, while Microsoft managed to move a meager 25,000 Xbox One unit in the same time period.

ouch .......

http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/8092/ps4-reaches-7-million-shipments-globally.html

that's what you get for releasing a more expensive console that actually performs worse and also forcing you to pay the xbox live even if you are not using xbox live services (if you just want to use netflix, lovefilm or anything else you need live or it won't work. With PS4 if you don't pay for PS+ you can still use the other non PS related junk)

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Wow this amazing for Sonu and PlayStation brand

Congratz to Sony on there console domination.

Da Rig : Mobo: Asus M5A97-r2.0 | Cpu: FX-8320 (4.1ghz) Stock cooler | Gpu: Sapphire R9 290 | RAM: 16GB Patriot Intel Extreme (1600mhz...for now >:]) | PSU: Antec 620w continuous | SSD: Corsair Force 60gb (boot) | HDD: WD 500GB 7200rpm  WD Blue 1TB | OS: WIndows 7 Ultimate 64-bit |

I know more people who own Xbone's than PS4's, and they know they effed up.

Case: Thermaltake Versa H35 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x (@4.0Ghz) Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 | MOBO: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3333Mhz | GPU: MSI ARMOR 8GB OC GTX 1070 | Storage: SAMSUNG 970 EVO 250GB, 1TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM | PSU: Corsair CX750M

Let me guess, the Xbox One is still selling like hot cakes in America.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

Outside of maybe the first month, if that, the XB1 hasn't sold that amazingly in the US. PS4s are still semi-challenging to find while XB1s have been easy to get since before Christmas.

7 million units shipped or sold, I'm a bit confused?

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I'm surprised they are selling. At this point of time there is really nothing good to play yet.

I guess this is how they funded the morpheus, what else are they working on with that profit...

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

I'm surprised they are selling. At this point of time there is really nothing good to play yet.

There will always be early adopters.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

You can really notice it where I live.
Every store has several XboxOne's laying around.
But the Ps4 is always out of stock. and they put signs up when they get new ones.

RTX2070OC 

If you only get a sense of it through the gaming "press" i.e. constant, shameless and annoying pandering of Titanfall, you'd think so. But no, even xbro's aren't biting anymore they're moving to the PS4...quickly.

-------

Current Rig

-------

7 million units shipped or sold, I'm a bit confused?

yes 7 million shipped not sold

but if u read more u will that they also out sold in pal regions 7:1 among other things

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Why does PAL still exist as an acronym? The technology is dead.

Yeah, I was in the US last month and I couldn't find a single PS4 but there were Xbox', Xboxes? everywhere.

You can really notice it where I live.

Every store has several XboxOne's laying around.

But the Ps4 is always out of stock.

Same here. Never seen a PS4 for sale in any of the stores I've been to over the past few months, but most have a few PS3 systems left that they are trying to sell for an insane 299€.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.