Planning on custom case

Ru66ian
1 minute ago, tdkid said:

well it will be ionteresting to see but if you are going to do it then you are going to have to show us pics of it in the process of being build and pics of when its done becasuse i am sure we would all like to see it.

Ye i will, ima keep the thread active

2 hours ago, tdkid said:

you think so? if OP wanted to cheap out and make this case completely out of plywood, would it be as easy to clean as say what you would make a dresser out of with the levels of stain and lacquer that you would normally find on a dresser?

But it would be the same if he used cheap steel. If you want a lasting product that can handle the environment and cleaning, you need to properly prep you materials. Wood, steel, aluminum anything. 

Anecdotally, I made my desktop out of bamboo. I use a paste wax finish only. No varnish or stain. It's easy enough to clean as long as I am not putting coffee cups that splash. And if I do, a light pass with sandpaper usually gets rid of it. 

5 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

But it would be the same if he used cheap steel. If you want a lasting product that can handle the environment and cleaning, you need to properly prep you materials. Wood, steel, aluminum anything. 

Anecdotally, I made my desktop out of bamboo. I use a paste wax finish only. No varnish or stain. It's easy enough to clean as long as I am not putting coffee cups that splash. And if I do, a light pass with sandpaper usually gets rid of it. 

that was my point

3 hours ago, tdkid said:

that was my point

I guess I misunderstood your point. I thought your point was that wood is an inferiour or difficult product that was not suited for a case.

3 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

I guess I misunderstood your point. I thought your point was that wood is an inferiour or difficult product that was not suited for a case.

overall it is inferiour because its subject to more atmospheric conditions than metal is but when done right it can make a decent case. its difficult to work with because its not has forgiving as some of the thinner metals used for a case. to get wood to bend without breaking you have to soak it in water, place it in shape and then let air dry for days or weeks. metal can be heated up, bent to shape and drenched to solidify its shape.

everything used for a case just takes time and skill to do correctly.

12 hours ago, tdkid said:

overall it is inferiour because its subject to more atmospheric conditions than metal is but when done right it can make a decent case. its difficult to work with because its not has forgiving as some of the thinner metals used for a case. to get wood to bend without breaking you have to soak it in water, place it in shape and then let air dry for days or weeks. metal can be heated up, bent to shape and drenched to solidify its shape.

everything used for a case just takes time and skill to do correctly.

well in this case looks like there no bending of anything just state cuts... so anything will work.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Some GPU's have memory on the backside which in the original design images could lead to some really hot VRAM. Something to take into considering when picking a GPU or change the design.