I have no clue what case to get and that's where you come in. Suggest me a case

Go to solution Solved by TVwazhere,
3 minutes ago, Albert F said:

I didn't mention any location as I thought it would be irrelevant when asking. What could people do with that, it's not like they can search worldwide for parts

We have the power of the internet, anything is possible.

https://ro.pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#X=0,127883

For example, I can set PCPartPicker to Romania and it provides me to links from Romanian retailers such as pcgarage.ro

https://www.pcgarage.ro/carcase/corsair/carbide-series-275r-airflow-black/

We can then set filters to only go up to $200-250 RON (50-63 USD) and narrow the results from there

The deepcool Matrexx 55 MESH Would be a good place to start, the only thing is you might want to add a couple of fans to push more air into the case

https://ro.pcpartpicker.com/product/b9tKHx/deepcool-matrexx-55-mesh-atx-mid-tower-case-dp-atx-matrexx55-mesh

Here is how things sit I need a decent case in which I can build my PC. The computer will be always on either rendering 3D animations or video editing ( will occasionally game ).

I am planing on building a 4th gen Intel system (i5 4590 for now) with a GTX970/1060 (can't get my hands on one at the moment) also I am not planing on doing any overclocking.

Here are my requirements:

1. decent looking

2. good ventilation

3. somewhat silent

4. see through side panel

5. long lasting/decent build quality

6. budget oriented (50-60$ MAX)

I was set on a SilentiumPC Ventum VT2 TG but decided to backtrack because of the lack of reviews

EXTRA: no H510 or 011(any model)

Why the 4590? Do you have it already? If not don't get it it is really slow for what you want to do and sucks for gaming today.

For case a p300a mesh is plenty good. Silence is up to the components you put in it.

Just now, jaslion said:

Why the 4590? Do you have it already? If not don't get it it is really slow for what you want to do and sucks for gaming today.

For case a p300a mesh is plenty good. Silence is up to the components you put in it.

I already got the 4590 because I was on a tight budget ( I cannot afford any new CPU and mobo). Still it will be a big upgrade over my i3 5005u

Fractal Design - Define 7 compact/light or Define C!

https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/define/

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

7 minutes ago, Albert F said:

Here are my requirements:

1. decent looking

Impossible to recommend without further clarification on what you consider decent looking. 

8 minutes ago, Albert F said:

Shopping location?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, Albert F said:

I already got the 4590 because I was on a tight budget ( I cannot afford any new CPU and mobo). Still it will be a big upgrade over my i3 5005u

It is a nice upgrade but I do recommend you don't spend much money on the old platform so you can move to a newer system. So spend money on parts you can move over as you will sooner rather than later hit the brick wall with a 4590 quickly.

Also a tip for rendering on a weak old quad core. If it is supported in your 3d program get a rtx card when they become available it MASSIVELY speeds up rendering if supported.

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Impossible to recommend without further clarification on what you consider decent looking. 

Something that doesn't scream "Look at me!"

3 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Shopping location?

Romania...

6 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Fractal Design - Define 7 compact or Define C!

That's like 100$+ in my country

Just now, Albert F said:

That's like 100$+ in my country

Its worth it though 😛

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

Its worth it though 😛

Not in the budget specified so pretty much useless for op.

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

It is a nice upgrade but I do recommend you don't spend much money on the old platform so you can move to a newer system. So spend money on parts you can move over as you will sooner rather than later hit the brick wall with a 4590 quickly.

Also a tip for rendering on a weak old quad core. If it is supported in your 3d program get a rtx card when they become available it MASSIVELY speeds up rendering if supported.

I wanted to get a 10th gen Intel system (like an i5 10400) but that is like 170$ just the CPU by itself. I got the 4590 and my mobo (H81 [will have to replace, dammit]) for around 110$. And YES, once I have the budget I will upgrade to something newer. Right now I am just a kid with his own money (no help from mommy and daddy)

7 minutes ago, Albert F said:

I wanted to get a 10th gen Intel system (like an i5 10400) but that is like 170$ just the CPU by itself. I got the 4590 and my mobo (H81 [will have to replace, dammit]) for around 110$. And YES, once I have the budget I will upgrade to something newer. Right now I am just a kid with his own money (no help from mommy and daddy)

Assumed it was a strict budget so gave advise accordingly so you do not end up wasting money in the long run.

I'm deleting this thread people are just making fun of me

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Assumed it was a strict budget so gave advise accordingly so you do not end up wasting money in the long run.

How? I gave advise according to your budget and in no way intended to make fun of you. The phanteks p300a is a good case in your budget (normally should be 50$ tops). Then for the remainder of the system I advised that you do not spend much on the 4590 platform but on the other components (when upgrading). With which I meant the gpu, storage, psu,... everything that can move over easily.

Edit: You cannot delete threads on the forum yourself either.

24 minutes ago, Albert F said:

Something that doesn't scream "Look at me!"

Romania...

Okay so minimalist, I'm assuming black? Again we're not in your head, we're not thinking what you're thinking.

This forum is International and you didn't list a location; this is important as markets are different all over the world. What might be available for me in the US might either not be available for you in your country, or at a much higher price than what it should be. 

We are trying to get more information to help better hone the list of recommendations we made. Though I will say @DoctorNick's comments have bene less then helpful, it sure wasn't making fun of you. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Edit: You cannot delete threads on the forum yourself either.

Yea I spent a few minutes looking for the button and then looked it up. It was not you don't worry about it

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

this is important as markets are different all over the world. What might be available for me in the US might either not be available for you in your country, or at a much higher price than what it should be. 

I didn't mention any location as I thought it would be irrelevant when asking. What could people do with that, it's not like they can search worldwide for parts

4 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

it sure wasn't making fun of you. 

my apologies then...

We have the power of the internet, anything is possible.

https://ro.pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#X=0,127883

For example, I can set PCPartPicker to Romania and it provides me to links from Romanian retailers such as pcgarage.ro

https://www.pcgarage.ro/carcase/corsair/carbide-series-275r-airflow-black/

We can then set filters to only go up to $200-250 RON (50-63 USD) and narrow the results from there

The deepcool Matrexx 55 MESH Would be a good place to start, the only thing is you might want to add a couple of fans to push more air into the case

https://ro.pcpartpicker.com/product/b9tKHx/deepcool-matrexx-55-mesh-atx-mid-tower-case-dp-atx-matrexx55-mesh

1 hour ago, Albert F said:

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

The deepcool Matrexx 55 MESH

Well on the tight budget the Matrexx 55 Mesh is a decent case and on PC garage is at a decent price too but I recommend some fans because the case it doesn't have fans and at 170 Ron you can fit some fans

(apropo tot din Romanaia)

3 minutes ago, Rob636363 said:

Well on the tight budget the Matrexx 55 Mesh is a decent case and on PC garage is at a decent price too but I recommend some fans because the case it doesn't have fans and at 170 Ron you can fit some fans

(apropo tot din Romanaia)

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

😉 

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

😉 

Well I can only agree with you

2 hours ago, jaslion said:

Not in the budget specified so pretty much useless for op.

Sorry op didn't pay attention to budget

FS in Denmark/EU:

1. decent looking

2. good ventilation

3. somewhat silent

4. see through side panel

5. long lasting/decent build quality

1. impossible to give a pick on as you are the only one who can decide if you like it or not.

2. the fractal design meshify series seems to be getting a lot of positive reviews from people but might be out of your budget.

3. you are going to have to pick either good airflow or silent because most cases wont allow both, either hot running low airflow or noisy with good airflow. without controlling the fan speeds of course.

4. most cases now come with tempered glass or a see thru side panel so this is no real issue.

5. long lasting varies maker to maker especially with your..

6. budget of only $60 max limits the number of cases quite a bit but here i will let you decide on the other factors you want.

prices are in USD as that is where i am. use moneny converter if you need to.

Choose A Case - PCPartPicker

2 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

Sorry op didn't pay attention to budget

It's ok