Going from 3GB of Single-Channel RAM to 16GB Dual-Channel RAM, how much is it gonna affect performance?

How better is my game gonna run, lets say i wanna play some TF2/Dying Light, with a GeForce GTX MSI 1050, I5-2400S, TF2 has constant lag spikes from doing great with 60 FPS down to 2-3 almost every 6-7 seconds, with 16GB of RAM instead of 3GB of RAM, how's it gonna be like?

2 minutes ago, BadDecisionsWithVlad said:

How better is my game gonna run, lets say i wanna play some TF2/Dying Light, with a GeForce GTX MSI 1050, I5-2400S, TF2 has constant lag spikes from doing great with 60 FPS down to 2-3 almost every 6-7 seconds, with 16GB of RAM instead of 3GB of RAM, how's it gonna be like?

It will definetely make a difference, especially considering your moving from single channel to dual channel. 

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

it will heavily impact your system, regardless of your other components. the extra 13GB of ram is an improvement, but the switch to dual channel will be provide an even higher performance increase. 

1 minute ago, King of Memes said:

It will definetely make a difference, especially considering your moving from single channel to dual channel. 

As me being romanian and have my romanian sites, is this RAM good?
https://www.emag.ro/memorie-corsair-value-select-16gb-2x8gb-ddr3-1600mhz-cl11-dual-channel-kit-cmv16gx3m2a1600c11/pd/DFWQQ7BBM/?X-Search-Id=0260f0bb4d9ccd0f3fea&X-Product-Id=16520233&X-Search-Page=1&X-Search-Position=5&X-Section=search&X-MB=0&X-Search-Action=view
It's 100 bucks, i think its a good deal, right?

Just now, iCypticx said:

it will heavily impact your system, regardless of your other components. the extra 13GB of ram is an improvement, but the switch to dual channel will be provide an even higher performance increase. 

Heavily impacting in the meaning of making it better or making it worse?

1 minute ago, BadDecisionsWithVlad said:

Heavily impacting in the meaning of making it better or making it worse?

A performance increase. 

1 minute ago, iCypticx said:

A performance increase. 

Alright, I have brave (google) and discord open with two tabs and one of them is this and a youtube video and its like brrrrrrrrrrrrrr, its pretty annoying, is it gonna make it better and will it make it atleast a little bit quiter?

I can't imagine your games were using somehow less than 3GB of ram on average. 

9 minutes ago, BadDecisionsWithVlad said:

$100 for DDR3 is a bit of a ripoff. 

The used market is the only real way to get DDR3 at a fair price because retailers will charge you basically the same prices as DDR4. 

You should be paying about $50-60 at most, if Romanian prices are bad then $70 perhaps.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

14 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I can't imagine your games were using somehow less than 3GB of ram on average. 

$100 for DDR3 is a bit of a ripoff. 

The used market is the only real way to get DDR3 at a fair price because retailers will charge you basically the same prices as DDR4. 

You should be paying about $50-60 at most, if Romanian prices are bad then $70 perhaps.

well, ill link a DDR4 and DDR3 16GB sticks my Corsair on emag (romanian site)
DDR4 (https://www.emag.ro/memorie-corsair-vengeance-lpx-black-16gb-ddr4-3000mhz-cl16-dual-channel-kit-cmk16gx4m2d3000c16/pd/DTJMLSBBM/?X-Search-Id=c0761be204c98ee70202&X-Product-Id=40611917&X-Search-Page=1&X-Search-Position=7&X-Section=search&X-MB=0&X-Search-Action=view)
DDR3 (https://www.emag.ro/kit-dual-channel-corsair-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr3-1600mhz-radiator-cml16gx3m2a1600c9/pd/DB3RXBBBM/?X-Search-Id=498844dffe86e79463bb&X-Product-Id=55894611&X-Search-Page=1&X-Search-Position=10&X-Section=search&X-MB=0&X-Search-Action=view)
My stinky motherboard has only 2 RAM Slots and they are DDR3, sooooo...

37 minutes ago, BadDecisionsWithVlad said:

I went on pcpartpicker to compare prices, the DDR3 seems about as cheap as them come for that pricing but I noticed DDR4 tends to be cheaper than on that site

https://ro.pcpartpicker.com/products/memory/#U=3,4&Z=16384002&xcx=0&sort=price&page=1

However, I'm only using DDR4 as an example because yeah, like you said, your system can't use it. If you're only going to get DDR3 new instead of used, then the cheaper the better. I hope the price comparison on pcpartpicker can save you a couple dollars 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

13 hours ago, BadDecisionsWithVlad said:

Ddr4 nu este compatibil cu placa ta de bază dar nu as recomanda sa iei de pe EMAG memorie DDR3.

Pe OLX un kit de 8 GB de DDR3 ram este destul de ieftin.

https://m.olx.ro/oferta/memorii-ram-ddr3-4x4-16-gb-IDeOJlz.html

Acestea sunt 4 stickuri dar to e mai ieftin.

English tldr:cheaper on the used market

3gb sounds painful in windows environment

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

if money is a concern why not go for 8gigs...

for example

https://www.alternate.de/G-Skill/DIMM-8-GB-DDR3-1600-Arbeitsspeicher/html/product/957984?partner=DeIdealo&campaign=DDR3/G.Skill/957984&utm_source=idealoDe&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=deidealo&utm_term=957984

note this is more or less random, theres also tons of "value" RAM, and kits seem to be more expensive than single sticks, in short prices are all over the place lol.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

DDR3 and DDR4 are not interchangeable. Your Motherboard / chipset will dictate what you can use. DDR3 is going to be pricey because of little to no production by now.

Going from 3GB to 16GB will be a dramatically better experience in everything you do. 3GB is severely choking performance

7 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

3gb sounds painful in windows environment

5 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

if money is a concern why not go for 8gigs...

for example

https://www.alternate.de/G-Skill/DIMM-8-GB-DDR3-1600-Arbeitsspeicher/html/product/957984?partner=DeIdealo&campaign=DDR3/G.Skill/957984&utm_source=idealoDe&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=deidealo&utm_term=957984

note this is more or less random, theres also tons of "value" RAM, and kits seem to be more expensive than single sticks, in short prices are all over the place lol.

3 hours ago, Khalpone said:

DDR3 and DDR4 are not interchangeable. Your Motherboard / chipset will dictate what you can use. DDR3 is going to be pricey because of little to no production by now.

Going from 3GB to 16GB will be a dramatically better experience in everything you do. 3GB is severely choking performance

1. 3GB of RAM can barely run 10 Brave (Google) Tabs and I can have discord and TF2 open and have like 50 FPS and a lot of lag spikes on a casual TF2 Game
2. I'm going with 16GB because i want to be able to have a lot more open then what i can right now and just better performance overall, i have the money for it, sooo..
3. Sadly my motherboard is old and only uses DDR3, and yes, 3GB as above sucks to have alone, i can barely have a game open and look on discord and brave at the same time.